Special Ops Paintball: The Ultimate Sniper Barrel Thread - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Ultimate Sniper Barrel Thread Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   reaver304 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:chupacabra304

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:35 PM

st!ffi for life their new stif stik with digi camo not only looks awesome
but is the lightest barrel on the market and is probly one of the most
accurate
you need me to point your fingers at and say thats the bad guy
but that doesnt make you good guys it just makes you cowards that dont have the guts to be what you wanna be...there are ambush snipers and ghost flankers im both!

#17 User is offline   reaver304 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:chupacabra304

Posted 28 October 2006 - 11:15 PM

WAKKA special ops is coming out with the new C series CARBON FIBER!!!
with 8 different tip to choose from YEAHA i love spec ops!!! :laugh:
plus they teamed up with st!ffi to do it

This post has been edited by reaver304: 28 October 2006 - 11:16 PM

you need me to point your fingers at and say thats the bad guy
but that doesnt make you good guys it just makes you cowards that dont have the guts to be what you wanna be...there are ambush snipers and ghost flankers im both!

#18 User is offline   cjottawa 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:38 PM

I have to nominate the Palmer Pursuit Shop (PPS) Brass barrel with a medium sized bore and about 14" length for ALL purposes - sniper or otherwise.

Just search the forums for threads with "brass" in the title. I sold all my other barrels once I'd tried brass...it's that good.

I've also put an APEX tip on mine. At extreme ranges - 150-200' - you can still expect to take people out, albeit with far less accuracy. Just disable the effect at closer ranges and rely on the inherant accuracy of the brass behind the tip.

I also hear good things about the J&J Ceramic and it's a very economical barrel. I had a non-ceramic J&J years ago and it performed very well.

This post has been edited by C.J.: 22 June 2009 - 06:30 PM

#19 User is offline   nightfox 

• Member of THE UNIT (TN)
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:nightfox9

Posted 07 December 2006 - 06:31 PM

OK I currently use a 20inch J&J Ceramic on my 98C. I loved it at first but soon realized whenever I would start getting low on air (not even that low just not quite full) it wouldn't shoot as accurate of fast. I know getting a shorter barrel (I'm thinking 14") would probably fix this but that brings me to my question. Should I go with another J&J or a Lapco Bigshot? And if I go with a Lapco is there any that don't have the shiny finish?

Thanks,
nightfox

#20 User is offline   Not_You 

• Lather, Rinse, Repeat as Desired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98customizer

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:41 AM

i am set-up with a smart parts progressive barrel- 14" it is accurate and well ported. it only runs around 40$ and when people first heard it, they commented that they had never heard a more quiet 98c. i didn't have an expansion chamber of anything, just the barrel and a 2 finger trigger
and dont start flaming about smart parts because i just dont care

This post has been edited by 98customizer: 27 December 2006 - 01:42 AM

Group: Banned #2
Pirate - "Seriously, I hope you hit this kid over the head with something very, very heavy. Like a truck."

#21 User is offline   OmgItsAFire 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:26 PM

How do you get an apex tip where would you buy one?

#22 User is offline   Pandemonium 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pandemonium

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:00 AM

ok-i no this has been asked alot, but i want to get a 14 in, but bigger barrels look so cool. does a bigger barrel make any difference besides look? i kinda want the 14 more than bigger ones because its really hard to get behind cover and stuff when ive got a god auful bigass barrel sticking out all over the place. could someone recomend me some 14 in barrels and bigger barrels, and some input on what 2 get. thanx

#23 User is offline   Pandemonium 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pandemonium

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:38 PM

View PostPandemonium, on Feb 26 2007, 09:00 AM, said:

ok-i no this has been asked alot, but i want to get a 14 in, but bigger barrels look so cool. does a bigger barrel make any difference besides look? i kinda want the 14 more than bigger ones because its really hard to get behind cover and stuff when ive got a god auful bigass barrel sticking out all over the place. could someone recomend me some 14 in barrels and bigger barrels, and some input on what 2 get. thanx

just pm me

#24 User is offline   SneakyStam 

• SneakyStam
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sneakystam

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:26 PM

dude are you serious? you asked this question when the answer is on the previous page. just hit the back button and be satisfied.

as far as the length of the barrel, 14 is the best all-around. anything larger and itll just use more air. stick with 14 my friend.
Sometimes the best strategies are made while being shot at.

the only people that will tell the truth are drunks and children

with all the arguing about paintball snipers, it makes me wonder why i even bother to shoot them.

Is a sniper in hand worth two in the bush? For those who know this proverb, i think its arguable. lol.

#25 User is offline   BEAST UNLEASHED 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ITALSTALBEASTBAWLER

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

Stiffis are by far the best barrel Ihave owned.

they are quiet, wich every sniper knows is a must, and their accuracy is amazing. As for the self-clean thing i think it a bit over exagerated myself. But range is another strong plus. I sniped a kid with a lob from across and up an entire ravine. The ref couldnt beleive so he chrono'ed me and i was shooting 292.

#26 Guest_ghostsniper09_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:02 AM

[quote name='Headshotjester' date='Mar 17 2006, 05:50 PM' post='569397']
I have a little add on. I have a list of all barrels I have shot on my Ion that I deem sniper worthty. Remember my Ion is pretty quiet, so some of the louder barrels still passed. Also, I have shot a Flatline, but I regret not tuning it, and testing it. I owned one in my newbie days and sold it... Oh well. Now on with the list. Oh this isn't really a in depth review even though I could make 5 pages of reviews for each barrel. So now the list:

Stiffi
Dye Ultralite
Dye TI Boomstick*
Dye Stainless Steel*
JJ Ceramic
JJ S2
JJ Edge Kit
Hammerhead Battle Stikxx Kit
Freak Kit
All Lapco Barrels*
Did not get a chance to shoot a Stiffi Kit, but if the barrel made it, why wouldn't tje kit?

Note: A "*" indicates the barrel was shiny and needs to be covered up in some parts. So I hope this helps. Myrecommendation out of all of these is the JJ Edge Kit because you get silence, EXTREME accuracy, and it's only $100 if you look on ebay, then comes the JJ Ceramic because it's just as good as the Dye barrels and only costs $35, then the Stiffi Kit if money isn't an issue because you have the lightest barrel, quietest barrel, and carbon fiber doesn't fluxuate with the weather so it is the most accurate barrel. Then of course the regular Stiffi.

I have a question. what is the difference between the stiffi kit and just the stiffi berral?

#27 User is offline   SV-Headshot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SV-Headshot

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:38 PM

OpsGear interceptor hands down.

Pump Owner #131 Go Pumps!

#28 User is offline   A_Twig 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:A_Twig

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:52 AM

Yea... I love my OpsGear Interceptor Barrel, its great for Everything

#29 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:32 PM

Best barrel for ye olde ghost flanker. smart parts linear barrel. why?
simple its dead on accurate within the first 50-80 feet splat on splat iron sights and all with Co2. its that good its nice looking small porting quite, quiet and is great for when your crawling.

#30 User is offline   Dugg 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cdugg

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:21 AM

Lets see i have had
Model 98-stock,(blah),12"J&J cer w/spyder adapter(loved this barrell),and flatline(on the 98 this barrel was absolutly terible couldn't get more than 5 shots without breaks no matter what i did)

Spyder TL/JAVA AKA the purple pepeole eater
the only barrel i ever used on this gun was the J&J from the above 98 never even thought about puttin anything else on it.

Cheapy spyder
had some sorta carbon fiber barrel never even shot this gun.Sold it to a buddy as a package to get him into it and he still uses it and the barrel seems decent.

A-5/A2
Now this one i've had a ton of money into to find out what i like.I mean alot of money come and gone in parts.
But the last 2 years its been pretty much the same.18"ops sniper -only use this when we have enough peps to find spots to snip from and hang out there.Don't like it much when trying to move around.
14" END GAME compression barrel-I love this barrel form function it has it all.mock supressor that does help espec with some carpet padding in it,awsome accuracy i one balled a whole 8 man team at the course once and as a rule single shot hits are common for me.This barrels only down fall is the price ($120)but since use i wouldn't get rid of it for anything.
Flatline-Eah great distance but i didn't like how at that great distance i didn't have the accuracy i wanted and ended up selling it before i ever read anything about tunning it.I now also went low pres wich i hear is almost a must if want an accurate flatline.Oh well maybe some day i'll try another one.
Stock cut to 5.25" just after the ports-this is for the rare occasions i get to do CQB.But i figured i was never gonna use that barrel anyway so why not cut it up.It actually works great to about 50'-60' and it does look cool withe the comando stock and muzzle break.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users