• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CP roller trigger on an Ion

#1 User is offline   INDUSTRY 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:INDUSTRY

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:12 PM

I didn't see a specific place for trigger reviews, so I figured this was appropriate. Maybe we can get a trigger review section.

Either way, onto the trigger. I purchased this earlier in the week, but today's the first time I've sat down and made adjustments and tweaked it to my liking. I adjusted it to where the trigger travel was quite short, just barely continuing after it clicks to fire. Once I got it dialed in, I had a blast walking all over this trigger. It's very comfortable to shoot, the shape is quite nice, and it flows very well. There's no resistance, and no delay on the return. The bearings in this trigger work fantastic.

The ONLY gripe I have with this trigger (and this is mostly my fault) is the install. When I tried to install it, I could not get the spacers turned the right way, because you're supposed to have the tapered side facing the bearing. Well my eyes aren't the best, so it took some time for me to get it right. Like I said, that's my own problem, and not the trigger's. However it would be nice if they put an indicator on the spacers showing which was the tapered side.

All in all, I would say this trigger is a good buy and I'd recommend at least trying, if not buying one.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled, or hanged" - Abraham Lincoln.

Feedback

#2 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:17 AM

Agreed. I have the same trigger and it's just as you say...I'd add that make sure to use blue locktite/nail polish on the last few threads so it doesn't unscrew itself as you shoot.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#3 User is offline   DEADRED 

• DEADRED
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:red9860

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:34 PM

i decided not to use it for that reason, i didnt want to use loktite in my gun, and i didnt want my screw to come out, so im waiting for a trigger i can use a pin with
couldnt the mod just remove the part related to outward comment???
whata nuisance

#4 User is offline   INDUSTRY 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:INDUSTRY

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:57 PM

View PostDEADRED, on Aug 8 2006, 12:34 AM, said:

i decided not to use it for that reason, i didnt want to use loktite in my gun, and i didnt want my screw to come out, so im waiting for a trigger i can use a pin with

I'm not using loc-tite on mine, and it's working just fine. The screw hasn't come loose yet /knocking on wood.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled, or hanged" - Abraham Lincoln.

Feedback

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users