• You cannot reply to this topic

The First Day What was your first day like? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   McBeasty 

• Beast in General (BIG)
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Special Ops Brigade

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:25 PM

i was no natural. i had to work to get good, and ill admit it.
my first round, i basically ran around with no idea where to look. i didnt get shot because i wasnt anywhere near any action.
second round, i got the bright idea to stay with my team. got shot once, but it didnt hurt so i thought this wasnt gonna be to bad after all. third round just plain sucked. got shot by some dude shootin 500 from about 15' away in the colar bone (ended up getting fractured and had a nice bruise for a few weeks) the rest of the day wasnt to bad, scored a few hits, but got shot more often than not.
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
SABRE

#2 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:21 AM

First day I was invincible, every paintball shot at me would curve around me starting at about 5' in front of me. I was using a Brass Eagle Talon with a 10 round tube as a make-shift hopper, loose bag of paint, and a few 12 grams. Everyone else had their semi-autos, 200 round hoppers, and 14oz Co2 tanks. 3 on 3 teams in a salvage yard. In the end, the other team recruited my 2 fallen teammates to hunt me down and I was only able to ambush and elminate 2 of them before the rest found my position and opened fire (shooting through an open hood from under a trailer).

#3 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:56 AM

My first day...

Went camping, stepson had just bought an A5 and my nephews had spyders and such. We are all camping and hear paintball guns in the canyon. We get in the truck and start following the sound. We have to go through a river and we come to some burned out houses and cars. We can't hear shhoting anymore so I figure that we are close. We wait and see no one, then I spot a green CO2 tank next to a tree. I tell everyone to get out with their markers, pretty soon 5 guys emerge from the trees. We played the rest of the day with them.

I don't remember where I was shot or anything, I rarely feel the ball.
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

#4 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:18 AM

Gee. You want me to remember a day from 8 years ago, when I can barely remember a specific day from last month. Well I will give it a try.

It was back when the field was part of the owner's yard and the pro-shop was his garage. I went to the field and got there early so I could make sure I had everything set up properly. Being a newer player I did not want to screw anything up. Before the first game I talked to a couple of the players that showed up to get some tips.

I didn't do great, but I didn't do horribly that day either. I know I got a couple eliminations that day. I also got eliminated as well. However from day one the more experienced players always helped me out. They showed me the ins and outs of the game and the field.

At the end of the day I was smiling as I packed my gear in my car. Some of the regular players asked if I would be showing up again the following week. I told them I would. I have been playing practically non stop since then.

#5 User is offline   Shadow Sparda 

• Trust me. I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Sparda

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:11 AM

First time of actual play - Two of my friends talked me into playing after marching band practice one day. I was all for it, since I had only messed around when I was younger and had never actually played against other people. I got stuck with a Stingray (wow, what a loud and simple gun that was). We grabbed a neighbor whenever we got to my friends house, and split 200 rounds. We were short a mask (bad mistake I know, but I learned and now have a top of the line mask). So they plop a Motocross helmet on my head and give me some goggles. It was just a backyard game between two houses, using the houses as cover along with a 2 storage sheds on each side and a propane tank. Well, first game I'm eliminated by a shot to the top of the head which I didnt feel. Next game, I actually get a guy walking in front of the houses before I get shot in the chest. The fun part was the night game. I grab a mask from my friend and challenge him. Turns out he loaded up his hopper using everyone else's spare paint. I have close to 10 balls left at this point. To introduce me to surprises, the skank climbs on top of one of the houses. While Im looking around, he asks me to surrender. I did since I couldnt see him, so he takes me "hostage". I get tied to a security light post, and have the rest of the paint unloaded on me for good measure. Surprisingly I stuck with the sport, and well, here I am today.
My Feedback

"So screw that. I ain't dying" - Tree Fitty
You're right bub. You've got a whole community who will never let that happen. In your memory. In your honor.

#6 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:18 AM

My First Day....Hot as Hell, but lots of Fun, Fun, Fun!

#7 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:39 AM

cold black friday in 2004. i pwned the first time i played. it was a great day
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#8 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:26 AM

My first game was so long ago (22 years last week) that some of the details are a little fuzzy...
Some friends of mine had just gotten Splatmasters & we played in a large vacant lot near the rail tracks. There were 5 of us, but only 2 guns so we had to take turns. I probably shot 30-40 rounds the whole afternoon...

#9 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:03 AM

First day was terrifying. Paintball had only been around a few years when I was convinced to play back in '87. On the plus side none of us knew what to expect or how much it would hurt or even.

It was a nice sunny day in the early summer and the commercial field had only been opened a short while. When we arrived the gave us the orientation on safety, handed us our masks, BE nightmares and 20 rounds of paint. Extra paint was $2.00/10 rnd tube. we broke into two groups of 10 and I was appointed captain. No pressure on the first day right? I guess I did alright since we played 6 games and won 4.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#10 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:14 AM

My First time Playing?..I was wearing 3 Jackets and 5 pairs of Jeans..but hey i was only 8..so give me a break :D ..also i was running a BE Talon for the first year
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Elmer 

• Its Paintball Season!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Elmer

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:26 AM

First day was with my brother Gilla in the back lot. He had a pump paint gun, I had a wrist rocket. We played on snow. Towards the end the paintballs were freezing and bouncing even off of the trees. As we were walking back to the house he was goofing off and shook his pistol, seeing there was no shake of paint he assumed that the pistol was empty. He grinned and fired a shot at my legs from about four feet away. He crippled me for about an hour as my quad held the knot for some time. The unregulated frozen ball hit so hard it bounced clear past were he was standing. The only person who felt worse about it than me was him. Brotherly love can bring tremondous guilt. (Can you guess who is now one of the safest people I know handeling a firearm?)

Finally fell in love with the game a year ago after Gilla put a 98 in my hands and made me play. The Tippmann blew my, awkward can't hit bupkiss, experience with the slingshot away. It was as close to an Infantry flashback as I could ever want. The trill of rounds flashing past my head... real suppressive fire... nobody dies, nobody goes home in a box.

The best of both worlds, you can shoot your buddy, and still be buddies; still look his mom in the eye. You can practice aggression and dump your weekly stress in the field and go home refreshed. It has become the addiction I had been missing.
Elmer J. Fudd
"I own a Tippmann and some shot."

#12 User is offline   LoopyDood 

• Evacuate the Earth
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

First day was terrifying. Paintball had only been around a few years when I was convinced to play back in '87. On the plus side none of us knew what to expect or how much it would hurt or even.

Same for me, except it was back in '03 at a large indoor field called Sgt Splatter's, which is still one of my favorites. Huge urban firefights all over the place, I had so much fun... It was great when I figured out that I could run pretty much anywhere without getting hit, because the rentals there were so bad and the renters were all "1337 5n1p3r5." The only real thing I had to worry about were the equipment owners. That was a great day.

#13 User is offline   dubfunkstar 

• Mr. Nasty
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:46 AM

The first day of Paintball for me...well I had just bought a Spyder TL..it was nice...anywasy my buddies had some old Tippmanns, so we went to place called Dice back in Goold Ole Simi Valley(Outlaw field) It was also night time...so that didnt help..I dont think we shot anybody...but it was a good time
Posted Image
Smart parts Owner #92 FeedBack
PBNationFeedBack
I'm more fun then a pickle

#14 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:21 PM

Wow, First day? That was back in the summer of 1994. Just got to Colorado Springs, first duty station. Met some of the guys in my unit and they invited me out.

Bought a gun, Brass eagle pump, I think, 50 rnd hopper, 9 ounce tank and six of us split a case. Playing force on force elimination, one shot, at Turkey Creek Ranch. Spent the day runnning around and shooting. I remember I got shoot in the earlobe, it didn't break, and I was still out. My mistake for saying "Owwie!"

I believe it was the second time we went out to play that my buddy, Jeff, was hit on the nose with a red paintball and Sue, the shootee, thought she had blown out his eye. Never played again after that B) I don't know why but that was the day we ALL learned to wear goggles.

I miss my army buddies. Good times. ;)

Edit, additional marker info.

This post has been edited by Gilla: 04 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

Who flung poo?

#15 User is offline   CdnNinja 

• The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

I played 3 on 3 . Three guys who never played before vs three guys who have. First game we lost. My brother managed to shoot a couple but aparently they didn't feel it. The round after we ended up winning, I shot two out my brother got the other one. Then we mixed the teams. After that I'm pretty sure I just kept getting shot out or not getting any kills but winning. I did okay for my first time. Learned a lot. Realised I hate my Stock.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users