• You cannot reply to this topic

Saber vest I love this thig

#1 User is offline   Damasta 

• Midnight Raider
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:jon

Posted 03 June 2006 - 04:43 PM

I have the saber vest and LOVE IT. I bought it to replace my flurry cause the flurry did not hold enough paint and was very hot to whare. I no alot of people worry about size with this vest but, dont worry about the size, im 5,5 and 125 pounds and it fits me fine. Most inpart to the belt. I dont know how i played before i had this vest. I hods everthing ineed and more than enough paint. I use 6 140 and in the loops i put 2 100s. Another great revolutionary feature in in the opening for the pods it has plastic to keep them stiff so in the heat of battle there is no problem putting your pods back in. It evan has this in the loops so you can take the pods out and put them back quickly. Another great touch is the hydration bladder pocket. This can be a life saver during those hot summer day games. This pocket is pretty big and can hold my 72oz camel back with no problem. The map pocket is nice and big. Also the front pockets have a elastic band in them that you can keep stuff behind. Also the pockets are have a rubber backing to help prevent moister.
There is one thing and only one thing i dont like like about this vest and that is in the from there is no spot for a name tag. This is not a big problem cause if you want you can have the vest customized to have this.

So I give the vest a 10/10 because the only this i dont like can be fixed im just to lazy.
IPB Image
Proudly sponsored by: QLoader | COPS911 | Undertakers Paintball | Paint and Air Sportz | Paintball Alliance
IPB Image

#2 User is offline   quette4000 

• Hellions
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Quette

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:54 PM

View PostDamasta, on Jun 3 2006, 04:43 PM, said:

I have the saber vest and LOVE IT. I bought it to replace my flurry cause the flurry did not hold enough paint and was very hot to whare. I no alot of people worry about size with this vest but, dont worry about the size, im 5,5 and 125 pounds and it fits me fine. Most inpart to the belt. I dont know how i played before i had this vest. I hods everthing ineed and more than enough paint. I use 6 140 and in the loops i put 2 100s. Another great revolutionary feature in in the opening for the pods it has plastic to keep them stiff so in the heat of battle there is no problem putting your pods back in. It evan has this in the loops so you can take the pods out and put them back quickly. Another great touch is the hydration bladder pocket. This can be a life saver during those hot summer day games. This pocket is pretty big and can hold my 72oz camel back with no problem. The map pocket is nice and big. Also the front pockets have a elastic band in them that you can keep stuff behind. Also the pockets are have a rubber backing to help prevent moister.
There is one thing and only one thing i dont like like about this vest and that is in the from there is no spot for a name tag. This is not a big problem cause if you want you can have the vest customized to have this.

So I give the vest a 10/10 because the only this i dont like can be fixed im just to lazy.

Your right its a good vest. Only problem I have with it is the zippers. I wish they would have put some rubber around the zippers so they don't clang together and make noise.
Hellions Tactical Paintball Team
www.hellions.net
IPB Image

#3 User is offline   heisman01 

• "the appraiser"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:heisman01

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:37 AM

it sounds really cool what size HPA tank can u fit in it?

#4 User is offline   warpig 

• PipPip
  • Brigade Name:warpig

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:03 PM

View Postheisman01, on Jun 7 2006, 03:37 AM, said:

it sounds really cool what size HPA tank can u fit in it?

It holds up to a 92ci tank.

This post has been edited by warpig: 07 June 2006 - 03:05 PM

#5 User is offline   Zenin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zenin

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:28 PM

View PostDamasta, on Jun 3 2006, 04:43 PM, said:

I no alot of people worry about size with this vest but, dont worry about the size, im 5,5 and 125 pounds and it fits me fine. Most inpart to the belt.

Interesting. As I just mentioned in my review, at 5'7" and 165 lbs...this vest is still huge on me.

I do agree about the elastic belt however; it's a great feature (and it saves this vest from being completely useless for non-huge people).

If they got rid of the front clip in favor of a zipper (loosing 5" just by that), and shortened the min length of the shoulder straps by about 4", this vest would be much, much more fexiable as to who it can fit on well while still being perfectly good for huge players (the sides still adjust a good 5" each).

Isn't this what the ID holder is for? Or are you thinking more like those velcro name tags the front of BTUs often have?

#6 User is offline   Damasta 

• Midnight Raider
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:33 PM

A name tag to put a name tag that would say "Damasta". Like on the Broadsword or on a Flurrly vest.
IPB Image
Proudly sponsored by: QLoader | COPS911 | Undertakers Paintball | Paint and Air Sportz | Paintball Alliance
IPB Image

#7 User is offline   EPIC_Snake 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-Snake-

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:57 PM

View PostDamasta, on Jun 9 2006, 03:33 PM, said:

A name tag to put a name tag that would say "Damasta". Like on the Broadsword or on a Flurrly vest.

You could get a patch done and sew it on yourself.
A Strong Man Doesn't Need to Read the Future, He Makes His Own." - David Hayter

IPB Image

| Sponsored by Gold Diggers Paintball and Boss Pro Shops | EPIC Unit | Special Ops Brigade Page |

#8 User is offline   ixcounterfeitxi 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ixcounterfeitxi

Posted 12 June 2006 - 05:46 AM

For the name tag, couldnt you just find a space somewhere and sew it on? or is there no space for one at all?
-Christian

Canadian Paintball // I paintball for fun.
[WGP AIM 18+ Crow Autococker w/E trigger], [RAP4 T68 Gen2 M16A2], [Tippmann 98 Custom - Stock]

#9 User is offline   Damasta 

• Midnight Raider
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:18 PM

View Postixcounterfeitxi, on Jun 12 2006, 05:46 AM, said:

For the name tag, couldnt you just find a space somewhere and sew it on? or is there no space for one at all?

I am likely going to do that. Right now i have it in the back on the velcrow under the Team name
IPB Image
IPB Image

#10 User is offline   Justin Connor 

• All Recruits Welcome!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Combat Connor

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:06 PM

My only complant is that sometimes the zippers come undone and my stuff comes out of the big pockets.
Sabre - If We Can't Do It, It Doesn't Need To Be Done!

#11 User is offline   Damasta 

• Midnight Raider
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:26 PM

View PostJustin Connor, on Aug 12 2006, 01:06 PM, said:

My only complant is that sometimes the zippers come undone and my stuff comes out of the big pockets.

I put Safty pins to hold the Pockets Togeather. I Also brought the Vest to the Shoe maker and he sowed a "Damasta" Patch and A Bigade patch on for 3$
IPB Image
IPB Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users