• You cannot reply to this topic

What do you think!? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   J0nNyC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:JonnyC

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:12 PM

Right now im runnin an A5a2 with a 4inch C Series Barrel and I play dagger for my team. I was thinkin about gettin an Ion also for speedball every once and awhile and i wasnt sure if i should just switch to using an Ion all the time. i know dagger position is more like, up in the poo of the action and to me it seems like an Ion would be great for that. so reply please and tell me what you think is better for dagger Ion or A5a2 with 4inch barrel.

#2 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:46 PM

A-5's are great and Ion's aren't so great. By the time you get done upgrading your Ion, you'd be better off getting a Mini or possibly even a MacDev Cyborg, one of the sweetest markers out there. If you'll PM me and ask for it, I can send you a link to a place where you can get a new '06 for $650 which is about what you'll spend by the time you're upgrading the Ion. I just don't want to post a link to a non-SO marker dealer here.

If you are set on getting an Ion, keep the A-5 as a backup. But yes, a lighter marker would generally be considered better, especially for an up-front player. Just remember, the most important skill for a Dagger is knowing how to play the other positions just as well.

#3 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:06 PM

What ever works for you. I personally don't like Ions, but thats me. I would save the few extra bucks and get a Proto Rail IMO.
Boss Paintball

#4 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

View PostThirdI, on Aug 27 2007, 07:46 PM, said:

A-5's are great and Ion's aren't so great. By the time you get done upgrading your Ion, you'd be better off getting a Mini or possibly even a MacDev Cyborg, one of the sweetest markers out there. If you'll PM me and ask for it, I can send you a link to a place where you can get a new '06 for $650 which is about what you'll spend by the time you're upgrading the Ion. I just don't want to post a link to a non-SO marker dealer here.

If you are set on getting an Ion, keep the A-5 as a backup. But yes, a lighter marker would generally be considered better, especially for an up-front player. Just remember, the most important skill for a Dagger is knowing how to play the other positions just as well.

Minis are terrible, every last one of them I have seen has problems when you start to shoot over 10 bps. The blow back problems cause balls to break like crazy. You technically do not need any upgrades for the ion for it to be considered on equal grounds with the a-5 and the fact that it is lighter makes it incredible. You also forgot to mention that by the time your done upgrading an a-5 you could have bought an e-tek or even a marq a much much better marker. As for the MacDev cyborgs I've heard they are ok but really not enough people use them around here for me to say one thing or another.

edit: ever --> every

This post has been edited by Bielerga: 27 August 2007 - 09:52 PM

I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#5 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:12 PM

My opinion? You're thinking too hard about it. Have a decent marker and learn to use it well. I'd just keep the A5 if I were you. Perhaps the surplus funds would be better spent on a vest?
Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#6 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

stick with the a5 and get the double trigger mod if you want to speedball or something.
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#7 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:24 AM

opinion my friend. all opinion. if you want to play with a damn double trouble then more power to you. you just wont fit the position as well as if you were to use a pump or a-5. i havent really heard many good things about ions but i own an a-5 and love that thing to death
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#8 User is offline   Rip 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:El Diablo

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:18 AM

Ya it doesn't really matter what setup you use to play "dagger" it is whatever is most comfortable to you. If you like to play using a stock then use the A5-A2, if not then use the Ion. I you are going to be doing a lot of bunker on bunker fighting in the open, then I would steer away from the stock, because they are harder to snapshoot with.
hi i love paintball. do you?
Put this in Your sig if there was a fire in your house and your paintball gear would be the first thing you grab.[b][color=#33CC00]

#9 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:38 AM

do your self a favor and steer clear of the ion, sure its a good gun. Fast, light, and small. It's not really reliable though, and if your playing dagger you will be sliding, diving, and just beating up your gear. So spend the extra money on a more reliable gun. You'll thank yourself later.

#10 User is offline   theking06 

• It's Time to Prey
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:theking06

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:02 PM

View Posttubby ted, on Aug 28 2007, 12:24 AM, said:

stick with the a5 and get the double trigger mod if you want to speedball or something.

ha! Ever try walking an a-5?! It's almost impossible to get any speed walking. The double trigger won't help much, a bit but not much.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image

#11 User is offline   Feathers 

• GM1 (SW)
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Feathers

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:31 PM

I speedball with my 1998 RH feed 'Cocker pump. And I'm typically on the 50. :ghillie: Word.

I'd keep the A-5.

-Feathers
'To be prepared for the eventuality of war, is one of the most effective means of preserving peace.' - Gen. George W. Washington, 1st President of the United States.

#12 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:26 AM

View Posttheking06, on Aug 28 2007, 08:02 PM, said:

View Posttubby ted, on Aug 28 2007, 12:24 AM, said:

ha! Ever try walking an a-5?! It's almost impossible to get any speed walking. The double trigger won't help much, a bit but not much.

The double trigger is mostly to cut down on fatigue however you can shoot faster with it if you pull quickly with both fingers.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#13 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:27 AM

View PostBielerga, on Aug 27 2007, 10:06 PM, said:

Minis are terrible, every last one of them I have seen has problems when you start to shoot over 10 bps. The blow back problems cause balls to break like crazy. You technically do not need any upgrades for the ion for it to be considered on equal grounds with the a-5 and the fact that it is lighter makes it incredible. You also forgot to mention that by the time your done upgrading an a-5 you could have bought an e-tek or even a marq a much much better marker. As for the MacDev cyborgs I've heard they are ok but really not enough people use them around here for me to say one thing or another.

They fixed that problem. I have a new Mini with APE, it owns. Well I have never used it in a game... But just shooting in my back yard. I have never had any problems with it. I have even got my Dwell down to 4. Its sweeeettt.
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#14 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:58 PM

View Postfrench t0ast, on Sep 3 2007, 08:27 AM, said:

View PostBielerga, on Aug 27 2007, 10:06 PM, said:

They fixed that problem. I have a new Mini with APE, it owns. Well I have never used it in a game... But just shooting in my back yard. I have never had any problems with it. I have even got my Dwell down to 4. Its sweeeettt.

ya i went paintballing a couple weeks ago and there was a guy there with a mini and he had no problems with it.

he also had an a5. forgot to ask him which one was better.
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#15 User is offline   Rip 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:El Diablo

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:12 AM

I have a Mini and love it, whenever they come out with a gun with new ideas there are going to be problems at first.
hi i love paintball. do you?
Put this in Your sig if there was a fire in your house and your paintball gear would be the first thing you grab.[b][color=#33CC00]

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users