• This topic is locked

Retractable Mic for cord haters.

#1 User is offline   Harry092 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Headshot_Harry

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

I dont know about you guys, but when i get all hooked up to my radio, everything is good,except for one major problem. I always have WAY to much cord with my mic. It get tangles, snagged on things, and sometimes even gets pulled out. The other day my brother came home with a set of earbuds that retracted into a small circular case. Would it be hard to reproduce the technology with a mic? It could have small belt clip on the back to hook it to a your coat, vest, or anything really. That way you could have just enough wire, and you wouldnt have to worry about snags.

#2 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

Hey, I know those head set ear buds!! I have them too! It is very cool and should be utilezed in Mic technology!!ˇ!
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#3 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:50 PM

The question is do you want cords that are either going to apply constant tension against whereever that you have them connected or do you want cords that might spontaneously tug on you (due to the retraction mechanism being triggered)? Spending a few extra minutes before the game figuring out the length of cord needed or going to spiral-coiled cords is a simpler solution that doesn't introduce mechanical complexity. Odds are that the retraction mechanism would increase substantially in cost to meet the durability needs to be used for paintballing compared to recreational use for listening to music.

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

#4 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

Hmmm.....When will they start making radios with bluetooth? Wireless earpieces, etc. That would increase electronic complexity, and for awhile, price, but would reduce overall problems. I think that would be a neat idea. I might actually buy a bluetooth earpiece if they'd make it work with my FRS handheld.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users