Special Ops Paintball: Some basics to concealment. - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some basics to concealment. How to hide effectivly Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#31 User is offline   Anti-Hero13 

• Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:kimmle

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:03 PM

nice!!!
aut viam inveniam aut faciam- I'll either find a way or make one

#32 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mercy

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:15 AM

Great Post!

To comment on your "shapes" notes. I would also like to add that the human eye naturally gravitates to structures (buildings, large logs, large bushes, ect.). So hiding near some can be hazardous to your health, but at the same time if you know where the OpForce will being advancing from you can position yourself in a manner contrary to the structure to alleviate some of the attention on your hide and possibly buying yourself those few precious seconds needed to reach out and touch someone. Also, if you have the advantage of playing in some dense woodlands separated by various clearings it would pay to know that the human eye also happens to drift to the horizon whenever coming into the open.

Knowing how the human eye works is also a blessing. The human eye detects three things: color, shape, and movement. As the previous gentlemen have mentioned earlier; masking these three things will make you practically "invisible". The right camo shade scheme for the environment handles the color, ghillie suits and ghillie carpets also do an excellent job of handling shape, but the most important and often overlooked problem is movement. The human eye has an uncanny ability to noticed even the slightest movement. Something as small as turning your head or shifting your gun can suddenly turn an awesome hide into a point blank execution. Patience, attention to detail, and using your head will be your only allies at time. If you're worried that you are going to have to move then think ahead before the "encounter" begins. Play it through your mind while you wait. "See" where they are going to be coming from and consider how they will think to approach your stalking grounds. Where will they be looking? Are they aware that they're up against a sniper? Honing your fieldcraft skills will let you know when the proper time is to move. Earlier it was mentioned that moving with the wind will help; thats awesome! Anytime something masks your movements and takes the attention away from you can be turned into an opportune time to move. Paintball is an adrenaline fueled sport. Its very easy for someone caught up in the action to gain tunnel vision during the paint fight. When your Broadsword has got the OpFor bunkered and he's laying enough balls on their location that it would paint a house twice over, using the advantage of your camo you can side door the enemies from your hiding hole and they may just chalk it up to the machine gun toating maniac landing a lucky shot, never considering that they were getting waylayed by your superior ability to conceal and make that first shot count. :unsure:

Well, just some thoughts really.

In Him
,Bro. Nate
Jeremiah 29:11 "His promises fulfilled"

#33 Guest_Ghillie Monk_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:09 AM

Ive done this many times. I hope this post helps many people new to paintball.

#34 User is offline   MaverickMR2 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:12 AM

what i found to help lessen the sound of your footsteps when your walking is a trick called foxstepping. you take the outside back corner of your foot and basically roll the rest of your foot on the ground. if you practice it right then you shouldn't be heard at all. i once sneaked up on 6 guys doing that and got within 20 feet of them.
The Biggest killer of all, is underestimation.

#35 User is offline   BigAfro07 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BIGAFRO

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:11 PM

i love this forum and the information therein
If you live or play in Mississippi message me

#36 User is offline   SHADYSNP 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:shadysnp

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:48 PM

I agree with you 100% great post.
SNP HIGHLANDERS. TEAM PLAY.

#37 User is offline   one shot one kill 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:one shot one kill

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

i have found mask lenses can often give u away the glare or the color (if it is tented) to resolve this problem i usaully take some long grass and drape it over my mask ( not the short green grass but long grass like hay or somthing) , just enough so that you can still have pretty good vison, it helps alot. if your feild dosent have this natural resourse, a pine limb with the needles on it will also work.

#38 User is offline   one shot one kill 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:one shot one kill

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

i have also found that adding very general materals to your camo can be helpful if u move often. Were i play there is alot of dead grasses and vines i often times will use zip ties to connect thes to my gullie so i can blend into avaraity of environments.

#39 User is offline   bigdog11b 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

I was shocked to see on other web sites of so called woodsballers think the sniper role is a joke, our team has a sniper team and we have made up a test for them based off the U.S. Army sniper training we just cut it down for paintball, they must pass to keep that position on the team each year. I liked your post, it's a good read. I'am going to let my sniper team read it as well, for some reason they don't understand about cover/concealment until they read it, and I was in the army infantry for 20+years put a jeep in the middle of the road, people turned around thinking the road ended, did same thing with a hummer,they said it can't be done. wrong!

#40 User is offline   Urban Ninja 

• To conquer fear, you must become fear.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Urban Ninja

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:19 PM

Well worded, and very informative. Bravo i say, bravo! I absolutely love the amount of useful information that is available in this thread alone. And i must say thank you for that tip off about the black-not-being-natural thing. I honestly did not know that. It's nice to be able to learn from some seasoned snipers who know what they're talking about, where as everything i know is either theory or only somewhat tested. Well, I'll add something in. Pretend to be helpful. Ok, remember not to jump the gun. Wait for the opportune moments. Don't move while people are looking at you. Be prepared to freeze in some uncomfortable positions. If you are in ghillie, please watch out for the heat. Sights, not scopes, are incredibly useful for your first shot accuracy. Always practice your stealth, your hiding skills, and your target detection. You can never be too careful when it comes to stealth, if you think they might be able to discover you, just wait, you'll get your chance soon enough. Remember, it's the person, not the gun that makes a great sniper. Well, thats all i can come up with off the top of my head.

Your friendly paintball ninja,
Urban Ninja

#41 User is offline   .::HoMeSkiLLet::. 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:-WOODY-

Post icon  Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:51 AM

Also like Wes Desto said earlier about the awsome feet placing strategy when your walking, i've found that putting your feet side by side and walking sideways works too. Rolling from one side of your foot to the other:

/ /
/ /
/ / <---Like that.

-HomeSkillet

This post has been edited by .::HoMeSkiLLet::.: 30 March 2009 - 10:53 AM

___.:::Furtim-Patientia-Veneratio:::.___

__.:Sniper::.__
__.::Bad Company::._
__.::Bear River, NS::._

#42 User is offline   forza 

• sniping ahhhhhhhhhhh
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:forza

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:17 PM

awesome dude great post
much useful info

#43 User is offline   USMCSniper247 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:27 PM

Amazing post...

I have a question though..I personally like Burlap the best but I've seen other ghillie suit materials and I've heard great things about most of them..Including this type of synthetic thread,I was just wondering what types of materials you guys prefer and why..

Thanks!

#44 User is offline   BT Beast 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:26 AM

I use whats around me. I made my ghillie out of netting of twine. When i get ready to play I stock it with the vegitation around me. I just dont think any shade of burlap can match to what you actually hiding in. Plus if you do it my way, if you move into a different area of vegitation, you can take five minutes and have someone cover you while you restock you suit.

#45 User is offline   colonel26nc 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:40 PM

to coceal your sound...i finde it wise to use a soft soul shoe or boot. it wont make as aloud of a cruchingnois as a hard soul boot will.youl still make a littl sound you cant help that but you can turn the nob down a little. some cheap soft soul camo boots from walmart work just fine. and it is a good idea to move with the wind but just becouse the sound of the wind blowing through the trees may cover the sound of your movement. its wise to take advanteg of the noises on the field like wind maybe a train or the sound of a paintball gun to cover up the sounds a sniper may make.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users