Special Ops Paintball: SABRE- master of paintball, or nube defualt position? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SABRE- master of paintball, or nube defualt position? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

Upon entering paintball, either a player will claim to be a sniper, or unable to decide and declare themself a Sabre. The thing that URKS me about players calling themself a position is that then they say that they know it inside and out, when they've player at most a few games at the position. Maybe we should add like trainee steps or something?

#17 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

Sabre is a default position, yes, although not in the newbie sense. A lot of people don't bother with the positions or define their roles nearly well enough to specifically say "I do this." Sabre is the everyman's position. Someone who does a little of everything. Even if you don't follow the positions, you can say you're a Sabre and it works. So if you just need a general name to apply to what you do, it works.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#18 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:05 PM

Or you can make up a name. I make up names for players position after I play. Sadly, a frequent one is Practice.

#19 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:54 AM

Well when i was a fresh newbie i always choose sabre becuase i had no idea what i was doing so i just did a lil of anything.Through the years ive progressed and stuck to sabre but i have also been slowly branching off to dagger but i still pack enough paint to be considered a sabre.Now i usally do whatever the game entails me to,but that switches every game so i have to also switch so for the whole day im a sabre.I think its good for newbies to pick sabre over things like sniper,or broadswoard,or commander becuase then they're not worried about specialization but rather about they're skills in paintballing and getting a general knowledge of other positions also.
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#20 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:25 PM

View PostMr. MorningWood, on Mar 20 2008, 11:57 PM, said:

the position i play most often is medium rifleman or the under rated SABRE as its known.

but something that i have noticed is that when you ask a nube or someone who hasnt really found their specialty yet, what position they play, they almost always say that they are a medium rifleman.

and its not hard to see why, if u cant decide what position u play or should play, its easy to tell ppl that u are a sabre because u do a little bit of everything, its basic, ur in the middle, just following the other players lead and backin them up, not really doing a thing of your own.

the reason i created this thread, is to call attention to the fact that a medium rifle man is not just some sort of basic, default, non specialized, nubish paintball player, but a serious position that requires the specialty and patience of a sniper, bravery of a dagger, and firepower of a hammer.

or am i incorrect, is the sabre really just a position for nubes or paintball players who dont have any special skills? is the sabre someone how can do a little of everything or someone who cant really do anything?

ur thoughts plz

that can be for any possition. sniper, saber, dagger...all can be played by noobs. now if we are comparing veteran players, a battle hardened Saber is one of the deadliest threats on the field because of his/her ability to preform so many different roles. if you are playing in a intense game, the Saber is no spot for a noob. (id personaly put the noob at point/dagger. that way if they are ambused and eliminated you still have your most veteran and skilled players to fight).
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#21 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

View PostMr. MorningWood, on Mar 20 2008, 10:57 PM, said:

when you ask a nube or someone who hasnt really found their specialty yet, what position they play, they almost always say that they are a medium rifleman.

You know, I always thought they said sniper...

I feel that it is unnecessary to label one's self with a specific position. Be skilled, be a paintballer.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users