• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Design Room: TAS 'EM launcher

#1 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

i have an idea for a better Neft Vortex launcher...yeah i know, here we go again but its driving me crazy. so im going to get my ideas down and upload pics later if i draw them (which i probably will)

Posted Image

NAME: i call it a TAS 'EM launcher for lack of a better name...from the purpose of the vortex rounds

Tank
And
Structure
Munitions

i was thinking of a launcher that is muzzel loading, just to keep things simple.

i hate the way you have to buy four different things to use the RAP4 style munitions (charger adapters etc)
but i dont want to work a whole poppit or spoolie valve system, bolt and all that. think it'd be simplier for it to work on the same concept as a spud gun, fill the barrel air tight, hit it from behind with a massive amount of expanding gases and pressure. so the barrel will have to be made with an inner diameter smaller then a vortex's outer diameter,not by tht much just enough to compress it slightly, so as to form a seal as it trys to expand.

then id have a chamber behind it, leading directly to the ASA, seperated from the barrel by a pnuematic or electric, or some automatic valve, triggered to open for maybe from 0.45 all the way to a whole second when the trigger is pulled, whatever is needed. so a basic electrical system would be required, but it beats designing a new bolt and having a huge valve system.

please tell me what you all think of the concept

This post has been edited by Down Range Pain: 05 March 2011 - 07:49 AM

Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#2 User is offline   MeDiC434 

• MeĐiC
  • PipPip

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:24 AM

Sounds like a Havoc under barrel unit unit with breech load ;)

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:38 AM

i always wondered, it u have a breech load kit on an under mount launcher, how do you open it up if the top of it is attached to something
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

#4 User is offline   MeDiC434 

• MeĐiC
  • PipPip

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:42 AM

The breech load for the havoc can be set to open from any side. You have 360 degrees of possibilities! There is a set screw that allows you to adjust it.

#5 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:33 AM

well tht is just awesome.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users