• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Introduction Thread Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   fullofpaint 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:fullofpaint

Posted 11 February 2005 - 07:09 PM

hey i'm Tim, back player for team ETC..., I'm 16, and I own a tricked out 98c with just about every mod possible on it, an old Sniper II tricked out, and a GZ timmy with a WAS board. I play backman for my team and I've been playing regularly for about two years.

This post has been edited by fullofpaint: 31 March 2005 - 05:08 PM

#17 User is offline   UBERNERD 

• Ninjas are mammals.
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:01 AM

My name is Chris AKA UBERNERD. I got addicted to paintball while on a bachelor's weekend trip five years ago. I grew up in Tennessee shooting real guns and hunting. I thought paintball was silly until I played. I was Instantly hooked. There were four of us who got into it after that trip, and I'm the only one still playing. Can't seem to outgrow it.

I'm 33 now and I live in New York City. I'm a freelance writer and actor. You've probably heard my voice on the radio doing commercials and you may have seen me on TV in a commercial or two. Currently I haved a development deal with Comedy Central and if it goes, I'll share that experience with my fellow ballers.

I love being in the woods. I love paintball. i love the kinds of people I've met through paintball. I love the overall vibe that woodsballers and scenario teams have. I love video games like Morrowind and Halo and my fellow nerd friends and I love to play board games like El Grande and Starfarers of Cataan. I love being a nerd and I think that everyone should embrace their inner nerd. Don't fight it--nerds have fun.

I would like to join a scenario paintball team this year, but I don't have a clue how to do it. I'd be availible for the games close by like anything at EMR or Skirmish or ET or On Target Paintball...Anything in the New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and New Jersey region.

I'm looking forward to getting to know more scenario ballers and I think it will add to the experience at these events. Peace out and play safe!

This post has been edited by UBERNERD: 23 February 2005 - 12:39 PM

#18 User is offline   mightybeet 

• ---=--==-=O
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:mightybeet

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:37 AM

Hello all :D

Name is Bill Shackford and im in New Haven Connecticut. Im 26, married, and a Graphic Designer at Garrity Industries, Inc. (Garrity Flashlights, Life Lites«).

Just recently started to play paintball. Use to play Laser Quest a lot. Went to a few tournemets(NACs... er regionals.), even worked there for a bit. But now im into paintballhappyfuntime. I have a Tippmann A5 with Flatline that i bought used from one of the secretary's, at work, son. Usually play on some wooded areas in the middle of no where or at Hogan's Alley Paintball. Prefer woodsball rather than speedball.

Also addicted to Halo and Halo 2 though im not that great at. :rolleyes:

#19 User is offline   WRXO_ace 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:34 PM

Hello all,

My name is Zach, and I am very new to the sport. I have only been playing since the first of January, and I wish I could play every day of the week. I live in Arkansas and we play in the woods out behind my house. Right now there are only a handful of us that play, but we are trying to spread the word and get people to join us. I am shooting a Tippmann A-5 with E-grip, Comp Air system, and a Flatline barrel. I am hoping that some day soon I will improve my skills enough to join a team. (anyone looking just let me know).

Have a great day everyone.

#20 User is offline   Wolfblade 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:53 AM

Greetings fellow paintball warriors. My name is Richard Medicus, I'm 26, and I am currently located in an out of the way place called St. Marys Georgia. I say currently because the Navy likes to change it up every once in a while just to watch me and my wife squirm. At any rate, my first paintball game was in '93 with a few friends from my Civil Air Patrol squadron. Didn't play again until '01 with a bunch of guys from the ship I was stationed on. It wasn't until '04 when I finally picked up my first gun and got into the game for real. I have an A-5 with response trigger, rifle stock, Smart Parts 14" Progressive barrel and a remote line. I also have a Zeus G-1, but it hasn't seen much action yet. I'll play just about any kind of game with the exception of speedball, and will typically pick up the Sabre slot. I haven't been able to play lately though, as there seems to be a shortage of fields in my area, and I can't afford hundred plus mile trips at the moment. But once I find someplace to play, you can bet I'll be there on a regular basis.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Wolfblade: 26 February 2005 - 07:55 AM

#21 User is offline   Pyrate Jim 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2005 - 11:43 AM

I'm pretty recent to this board so I'll throw in my two cents.
I live in Coventry, CT. and I've been playing since '88 while I was still 29 years old.
I was mostly woodsball, since that's all there was but Strategy Plus in E. Hampton ran tournies and I played with the Big Dogz and the Tazmanian Devils up to the early nineties.
Mid-nineties I found Scenario. I had gone down to Wolfs Lair (now EMR) and up to Canobie for their big games but they just weren't close enough to make it worthwhile.
In '96 I went down to Survival New York for the "Good vs Evil" 28hr game and I was hooked. The following year I played the Good King and led our team to victory. I did the same the next year in the same role as King and had my picture in Paintball Sports both years.
'99 was the Y2K Crises and I played an American Colonel. Our side won that one as well and there was a one-day re-match that December. That one was fun, it came down to a tied score after the 8hr game. It was finnally settled by a 5-man speedball match. (I had an article published on that one)
2000 I went down and was a General once more, as a Russian this time in the "HeadHunter" scenaro. I pulled a few stunts that game, and had a bounty on my head for the next two years at those games.
2001 was the Survival Island game where I was one of three headmen of the Red Triangle Tribe. (and had another article published about it)
'02 was Eastern Strike where I was Colonel for the American team. The game Operator (Frank Coppolla) became an Objective for our team and I've got pictures where we had him hog-tied in the parking lot.
'03 was Special Ops and I led the Rangers, but the game was called during the night due to weather. High winds and rain we could deal with but lightning strikes on the field were too much.

I didn't go down last year because they were getting away from the role-playing scenario type games and more of a simple big game format.
But by then Wolfs Lair was EMR and doing more fun stuff. I had gone down for Quest in 2000 to see the grand opening of the National Paintball Museum.
I've been back many times, usually for Quest but also the Lord of the Rings games put on there by MXS. The first year was '02 and I played the role of Tom Bombadil and together with GoldBerry (played by LadyMarshal) we took second place in the costume contest. Second year I was Treebeard and won 1st place for the costume. In '04 I brought my 10 year old daughter and she took third in costume and MVP/young guns for our team.
The Spaghetti, Meatballs and Mayhem game I played FBI with Jim Masse, who was playing as J.Edgar Hoover and had to play wearing a dress.
EMR again for CC XVI, the all-pump defense. And CC XVII this time as an attacker.
Of course Pump Pandemonium last year and this year I've been put in the hotseat as General for the Pirate team at PP 2 coming up in August.

There was a game I played at Madmans Realm in Chicoppee, MA based on Red Dawn. I was one of the Wolverines and was given the MVP trophy for our team

Strategy Plus in E.Hampton, CT has been doing scenario for a couple years now. There was the Good Vs Evil in the Summer of '03, that Fall had the Halloween game and Shelob the Spider was there.
Spring in '04 had Zeus vs Hades where I was a God. Posiedon to be exact. The War of Attrition was there in the Summer and in the Fall they had Beowolf, where I was handed the Generals Role as Grendel while walking out to the field. It was a tough fight but we won that one by about 200 points. I also played there last Dec as the Grinch where we beat Santa during the final battle.

Fox 4 paintball in Upton Ma is doing mil-sim games now and I've done three so far with Axis vs Allies, G.I.Joe vs Cobra and Barbarossa.

There have been many other games at many other places from Adventure Games New Hampshire to Ford Ord in CA, even playing at the World Cup in FLA back in '98 where I actually was able to meet people like Glenn Palmer, Dan Colby and Bob Long. But I can hardly be expected to list all the woods games or even the tournaments I've done. The past couple years I've been playing Pump in tourneys with Pump Fiction, and we do all right. Being the only pump team we took seventh out of forty two teams in Novice division during the '03 season here in CT.
I still do some tourney, I try to get around to find scenario games and if you're in New England I might see you somewhere.

That ended up being a little more than 2 cents, didn't it?
CT co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6

#22 User is offline   ShadoAngel 

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:SHADOANGEL

Posted 27 February 2005 - 01:56 PM

That ended up being a little more than 2 cents, didn't it?
I'd give it a few bucks. B) :D

Welcome aboard everyone! It's great to see new members! B)
ShadoAngel | My BST Feedback Thread

#23 User is offline   Rifleman 

• Im member 580, joined Nov. 9, 2004
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:RIFLEMAN

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:38 PM

Well im not really new either, but I figured what the crap.

My name is Steven Carroll, nicknames: Chief, Rifleman and some others. My favorite colors are silver, red, and black. I'm 16, started playing a few years ago, 3 I think. I play video games like halo 1 and 2, GTA ond other stuff. Im fixing to be a Sophmore in High School.
After i graduate I plan to go to college and major in somethin(havent decided yet). Then I am either going to flight school, or joining the Marines, maybe both.

I have a Custom Pro, no ups yet, I'm workin on that.
And Welcome all new members

The Rules, read em and love em. Looking for something, try here.

Tell us where you are. The Whiteboard
"A people who have forgotten thier heritage, are a people who have lost faith in themselves."

#24 User is offline   night stalker 

• night stalker
  • PipPip

Posted 05 March 2005 - 04:55 AM

hey everybody.
my names tom nickname turbo or turbo tommy.I'm 27, yea getting old! I live in york pa.I fix BMWs for a living, sounds cool, but alot pf training and headaches! ;) I've been playing since summer of 04. been hooked since, but havent had much time to play. currently shooting a spyder tlx that I took apart to powdercoat black, but its been too cold out. I'm also building a spimmy, timmy conversion. I also have a little one on the way, so thats making it more difficult to get out and play, not to mention finish my spimmy. I also race rc cars, hunt,drag race and fix cars on the side for extra cash. every little bit helps. My friends and I usually play in taney town md, or we're going to set up some outlaw games this summer when the weather breaks. I have permission to play on 1500 acres. That will be cool.
Play safe, play hard, never be seen one shot one kill. Take care everybody.

#25 User is offline   SAPPER HERC 

• DEADPOOL OPS. "BRINGING THE STING TO YOU!!"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SAPPER HERC

Posted 11 March 2005 - 05:47 PM

Hello, gents my name is Angel Hernandez a.k.a Sapper Herc. What in the blue blazes is a sapper you may ask. Well it's what I used to do in the U.S Army. I took great pleasure in the art of high explosives. In other words I was a combat engineer. Loved it too but retired to pursue one of my greater passions, my 2 year old boy.
I have been playing this awesome sport for well over 15 years and everytime I go out it always feels like the first day. I feel that this is one of the few sports where true team work, comraderie, sportsmanship and intestinal fortitude ( guts) are achieved. I am proud to be a participant and prouder to be a baller.
I have several paintball guns but currently my favorite is my autococker '04 vertical that I have upgraded. Now that puppy is pretty sick. I am a firm believer that you really shouldn't have to drop your wallet to have an awesome gun. Start simple so that you can upgrade yourself and better understand your equipment.
Damage Inc. is the name that my squad members used as our squad name when I was active Army. It's now the name of my current paintball squad in honor of the great soldiers I served with. We are few, and some of our members are fairly new to paintball but paired up with our veterans they can be force to contend with. I've designed a team patch but am having trouble finding someone to do the the patches themselves. If any member can help please contact me with a post.
Well that's all for now. If your going to Stalingrade see ya soon. "FIRST IN, LAST OUT!!!!!!!"
[size=4]"THOUGH I WALK THRU THE VALLEY OF SHADOW OF DEATH, I WILL FEAR NO EVIL BECAUSE I AM THE BADDEST SOLDIER IN THE VALLEY !!!"

#26 User is offline   motox 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:spyder-man

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:01 PM

Hi my name is Andrew. I've ben playing paintball since november 2003. I have not very active lately but i plan to change that. I am 15 years old My other hobies are high school wrestling, riding my dirt bike, and playing my guitar.

#27 User is offline   AKZEL 

• Blitzkrygier
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AKZEL

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:25 PM

Name: Nathan
Expereince: 6 years
Hobbies:Programming, web design, paintball, playing and making music
Position: Well Ive just been guessing on that, but in speedball my position on my team was Backman. Although I can play front and mid equally well.

Motto:I own you

:rolleyes: ^^^

#28 User is offline   coastie305 

• semper paratus
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:coastie305

Posted 14 March 2005 - 08:41 PM

Name is Miguel, sadly stopped being a teenager a few moths ago. Play woods preferably, but if speedball is available while I wait for a wwods game then I see no point in sitting on my butt doing nothing. In the USCG and attempting to be a somewhat full time student at night. I'm usually the guy who will volunteer to rush a bunker and for my size 5'10 215, I surpisingly survive most of those one man assaults to startle the opposing side. Like to be considered the all around player that can meet the requirments of many position if the team needs me. I also have no problems pulling a team mate to the side if I feel that they are not pulling thier weight in the squad (or whatever) and would hope that they do the same to me. I feel that the only way to play is tough, honest, and agressive 100% of the time every time.

no excuses

Stuck in Kosovo

#29 User is offline   SniperSnake 

• As Silent and Deadly as a Snake
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SniperSnake

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:04 PM

My Name is Matt. I am 16 and from Louisville Kentucky. Started playing in 2002, but had a huge gap until this past December, now I am a full time player. I'm an average high school sophmore, but I like to think I'm more mature than most people(when I feel like it, lol). i love art, anything to do with the computer and internet, guitar, PAINTBALLING, and other various things. i am currently trying to find new people to play with, so if you live around Louisville, PM me. I shoot a stock Spyder Rodeo with a custom paintjob, which can be veiwed on my brigade page. See ya on the boards!

#30 User is offline   CB-AARON 

• Yes, I like to pump...is there a problem?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CB-AARON

Posted 16 March 2005 - 07:27 PM

Sup, my name is Aaron. I am 17 and I live in the Blue Springs Area which is in Missouri. If you go to many of the Woodland Warriors games then you have probably heard of our team, the Camo Bandits. I am the heavy gun on our team.

Personally I like orange, in fact that is the color of my room. I also play guitar, and belive that the only true type of music is rock. A little Led Zepplin or Metallica is a great moral booster on any day. I love Hard rock, Metal, Punk Rock, and Classic Rock.

I've played paintball for about 4 years now. It mostly started with just rec. ball but then some of my friends got me into scenario games and I've been lovin it ever since. I've got a spyder fenix with a Viewloader 12v for a hopper and a Smart Parts All american back with a freak front for a barrel.
It's not a wonderful set up but it gets me by. I am about to upgrade though. I've also got a PT Junior for a side arm. I have a web-tex cross draw tactical vest to hold that in. If you have ever wondered about gettin a tactical vest, do it. They are wonderful. Two of the most important upgrades in scenario paintball are a tactical vest and combat boots. Wow, boots are so much better than tennis shoes. I played my first scenario game in tennis shoes and it sucked.

Well, good day to you all and keep on playin!
Aaron C.
A part of the 1st place Elite division SPPL team, Almost Famous
A proud Co-Captian of Team Natural Selection, and The Camo Bandits Scenario Team.
Sponsored by: Maddman, Stiffi, Tippmann, JT, Warsensor, and Underground Mod Shop
Whored Guns: 40 and counting

Buy My Dust Silver CCM S6 w/ Carbon Fiber Parts!

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users