• You cannot reply to this topic

C-series or bigshot?

#1 User is offline   Watchtower07 

• I am iron man.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sk8ergamer

Post icon  Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:37 PM

OK, i have an X7 and have an apex tip. I want an accurate barrel to put the tip on so should i go with the apex ready 12'' bigshot or the 12'' c-series with apex adaptor?
"If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done."
Official Sabre #T
Tippmann Owner #84

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

I personally would much rather have a Bigshot (or actually an Autospirit, but the bore size is up to you and what paint you use)

Lapco's aluminum barrels will weigh a tad bit more than carbon fiber, and they won't be as quiet - but the craftmanship is significantly better. All you have to do is look down the barrel or feel the inside with your finger to realize that the bore is infinitely nicer.

Carbon Fiber can be quite rough - one of the roughest of barrel materials. Stiffi barrels are that way which is one reason why C-Series barrels line the inside of theirs with glass fiber. With such a long ported section you also loose quite a bit of air efficiency. They will be noticeably quieter, but will by no means make an X7 a relatively quiet marker. Personally the reason I think it sells so much is because it's marketed well - people buy into the idea that carbon fiber is some new superior material.

This post has been edited by Piller: 25 May 2008 - 08:26 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   Watchtower07 

• I am iron man.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sk8ergamer

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

gracias mi amigo
(Yo no hablo espanol)
"If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done."
Official Sabre #T
Tippmann Owner #84

#4 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:11 AM

View PostPiller, on May 25 2008, 10:18 PM, said:

I personally would much rather have a Bigshot (or actually an Autospirit, but the bore size is up to you and what paint you use)

Lapco's aluminum barrels will weigh a tad bit more than carbon fiber, and they won't be as quiet - but the craftmanship is significantly better. All you have to do is look down the barrel or feel the inside with your finger to realize that the bore is infinitely nicer.

Carbon Fiber can be quite rough - one of the roughest of barrel materials. Stiffi barrels are that way which is one reason why C-Series barrels line the inside of theirs with glass fiber. With such a long ported section you also loose quite a bit of air efficiency. They will be noticeably quieter, but will by no means make an X7 a relatively quiet marker. Personally the reason I think it sells so much is because it's marketed well - people buy into the idea that carbon fiber is some new superior material.

I have never used a Lapco Bigshot, but have heard it's a good barrel. I have used the C-Series & it is the current barrel I use with my Apex. Special Ops C-Series are a relatively smooth on the inside. The C-Series has also significantly quieted down my A-5. I did not by the C-Series because of the market hype of some super technology, instead I was looking for a light weight barrel that had allot of porting(because Tippmann's use the same amount of gas per shot it doesn't matter) so that it would be quieter, & one that I could attach an Apex tip on. The C-Series fit my specifications perfectly.

Compare the Pro's and Con's of both barrel by reading allot of reviews(pbreview.com) then make up your mind. When reading those reviews take into account the years they have been playing. This helps determine their knowledge.

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#5 User is offline   Long Wood 

• Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BOB LONG

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

I would get the SO C-series.IMO

#6 User is offline   McCoy 

• Ghost Leader 101
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Leader 101

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

i have a C-series and it is nice....
its smooth on the inside... bc i have it in my hands now! real light and i think accurate....

go with the C-series

#7 User is offline   BULLET.SPONGE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BULLET.SPONGE

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

How much of the C series barrel ported one the 12 or 14 ?
IF WE CANT DO IT, IT DOSENT HAVE TO BE DONE!!!!

#8 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

View PostBULLET.SPONGE, on Jul 3 2008, 11:53 AM, said:

How much of the C series barrel ported one the 12 or 14 ?

I'm pretty sure all C-Series barrels are ported half way back. So a 12" would have 6" of porting, a 14" would have 7" of porting, etc.

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#9 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:54 PM

Carbon Fiber is rough, like on Stiffi barrels - C-Series lines the inside of their carbon fiber with something so it wouldn't be as rough.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#10 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

Go with the lapco bigshot. I got the 14 inch on my a5. You can't go wrong with it. I just wish it was the apex ready bigshot.

The more porting you have, the more gas escapes before the ball is out of the barrel, which makes it lose velocity. So it requires more air to get the same fps as another barrel of the same bore/length/slickness without as much porting. That is why tippmanns DO use more air when you have a barrel with a lot of porting. The bolt is already loud enough, so getting a quiet barrel won't do much help.

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users