• You cannot reply to this topic

help with training Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   POLTERGEIST 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:POLTERGEIST

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

hey you guys got any suggestions on how i can train better, especialy on how to get into position w/o bein seen in light cover and accuracy? i have almost no cash cuz i cant get a job (stupid child labour laws) and wat i do hav goes to my two pigs, so the cheaper (and less paintballs) the better. i got som woods near my house that i could practise in (theyre a little thicker than my feild tho) but i just dont kno wat to do. im a little new to the position too, but i need to work on these the most

This post has been edited by POLTERGEIST: 07 June 2008 - 08:42 PM

This is how the military works as related to me by a Navy Sailor:
First you got the Air Force that flys in and bombs the hill. Next are the Marines who charge the hill and kill anything that moves. After that the Army comes in puts up the flag and stands there like they've done something special. All the while, the Navy sits back and rules the world.
REMEMBER GALVESTON

#2 User is offline   naterab 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:naterab

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

well as far as stealth goes practice sneaking up on your pigs. animals (not sure about pigs) usually have heightened senses so I would try sneaking up on them. Try a reallllll slow crawl. As far as accuracy goes if you don't want to pay for paintballs you could practice with a bb gun if you have one. Its better to get used to your guns drop but if you don't want to practice with paintballs that would be a good idea. Do you have any camo?
If you are a christian paintballer put this in your sig.
Liberalism=Communism
Sabre #777

#3 User is offline   andrew h 

• death is on the wind...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*shadow*

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:33 PM

try getting some reusable paintballs, i forget what they are called but you can set up a garbage can on its side and shoot into it from different distances to work on accuracy. also just practice moving silently through the woods around your house. Do this with your mask off to start and when you feel that you are pretty quiet start again with your mask on. you will notice how hard it is to move silently with a mask on compared to having it off.
so a bush shot you?...
...fear the sniper

official sniper #23
play here! -> http://www.forestfirepb.com/

#4 User is offline   POLTERGEIST 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:02 PM

View Postnaterab, on Jun 8 2008, 04:32 PM, said:

well as far as stealth goes practice sneaking up on your pigs. animals (not sure about pigs) usually have heightened senses so I would try sneaking up on them. Try a reallllll slow crawl. As far as accuracy goes if you don't want to pay for paintballs you could practice with a bb gun if you have one. Its better to get used to your guns drop but if you don't want to practice with paintballs that would be a good idea. Do you have any camo?

i dont think id be sneakin up on my pigs w/ what they do all over the ground of there stys... however theres some stray cats i havnt been able to get out of my yard, now i just gotta get a water gun. :laugh:

View Postandrew h, on Jun 8 2008, 04:33 PM, said:

try getting some reusable paintballs, i forget what they are called but you can set up a garbage can on its side and shoot into it from different distances to work on accuracy. also just practice moving silently through the woods around your house. Do this with your mask off to start and when you feel that you are pretty quiet start again with your mask on. you will notice how hard it is to move silently with a mask on compared to having it off.

ive heard of re-balls and v-balls, wats the difference, vballs hav velcro and reballs dont, right? and which would be better in backyard suburbia?
First you got the Air Force that flys in and bombs the hill. Next are the Marines who charge the hill and kill anything that moves. After that the Army comes in puts up the flag and stands there like they've done something special. All the while, the Navy sits back and rules the world.
REMEMBER GALVESTON

#5 User is offline   Ekima 

• :Grin: I like it when you run!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EKIMA

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:13 PM

my moto the best practice is exsperiance..

Ekima

#6 User is offline   POLTERGEIST 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

View PostEkima, on Jun 8 2008, 07:13 PM, said:

my moto the best practice is exsperiance..

Ekima

i would, and i really wish i could, but like i said i got no money so i cant, i can bearly afford pbs when i do go play
REMEMBER GALVESTON

#7 User is offline   Ekima 

• :Grin: I like it when you run!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EKIMA

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:21 PM

where you at?

the position i play involves hiding and then when enemy come by unload full auto on them till their out or surrender from plain terror... :D i'm evil i know.... and it doesn't take alot of practice either.

Ekima

#8 User is offline   POLTERGEIST 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

excuse me? im not sure wat ur askin
REMEMBER GALVESTON

#9 User is offline   Woodbender 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woodbender

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

You could get a cheap red-dot sight as it will really help you get those first shots on target thus saving money on paint when you do play. I have also used my red-dot as a training tool in lieu of paintballs. Just turn the power on, and practice shouldering the gun from various shooting positions. The sight will let you know if you "hit" the target or missed. Do the same while running forwards, sideways and backwards. Try some snap-shooting also. Simply pick a target, go behind an object and see if you can lean out so that the red-dot is on target as soon as the barrel clears your cover. Just make sure that the sight is zeroed in properly so that it points where the gun would be shooting if you were actually shooting paintballs. Do keep both eyes open when using a sight if you end up doing this. The buy/sell section of this forum is a good place to pick one up for cheap.

#10 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

I would get the velcro balls and have your friends stand close to the target and see if you can hit the target without them seeing you, but don't trust me too much. I probably wont ever really no how to train to be a sniper because in west texas there is absolutely no cover just bare dirt every where here :D
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#11 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:37 PM

One thing that you could do is have your friends or teammate get into positions and then you have to crawl into a position that would be favorable to you for firing on them. The objective would be to do so without being seen. If they see you, you fail... If they don't see you then you succeeded
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#12 User is offline   POLTERGEIST 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:01 AM

View PostDunceb4ll, on Jun 8 2008, 10:18 PM, said:

I would get the velcro balls and have your friends stand close to the target and see if you can hit the target without them seeing you, but don't trust me too much. I probably wont ever really no how to train to be a sniper because in west texas there is absolutely no cover just bare dirt every where here :laugh:

plainveiw near midland and odessa right? you should try playing in the davis mountains, it might be a little bit of a drive for you but iv always wanted to do it, theres some great cover out there
REMEMBER GALVESTON

#13 User is offline   wbsniper94 

• "what a man fears most is what he cannot see"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:wbsniper94

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:16 PM

I only play September-March, but during that time, I would play 1v1 games with my brother several times a week. I did it just to play paintball but I learned more in those games than in any other game I've played. I suggest that you focus your training on stealth, concealment and develop the sniper mindset.

When I stalk, I use an old Native American technique known as the Foxwalk.

As far as concealment, There is no better way to learn what works than playing. Some rules that I follow for my concealment, Cover all shiny areas on me or my gear, don't use cover that draws the eye (A patch of trees out in the middle of a field and artificial cover just to name a few) and dont disturb wildlife or leave any evidence that your have been there.

The mindset of a sniper comes with experience along with reading and watching other snipers. You mindset should be to work with your team for the good of your team by the use of stealth, accuracy and out thinking your opponents. If your team is not there to back you up, then you can't perform.

If you really enjoy this position and want to grow in it, I would read this section of the forum as much as you can stand it and watch more experienced snipers. Just remember, You are different and you can play with your own style and tactics (as long as they fit with the rules) no matter what anyone tells you. One more thing to remember, Being a sniper is mental, You don't need a great gun or fancy paintballs. You could give the best paintball sniper a cheap gun with bad paint and he would still out perform the little kid with a 900$ gun.
SHAMELESS GUYS unite !!!!!!! PUZ for PREZ
Shameless guys quote #1: "Real men eat burgers, not pie or ikes, that's just an epic fail."

#14 Guest_PhantomSniper1_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:43 AM

View PostPOLTERGEIST, on Jun 7 2008, 08:21 PM, said:

Hey, do you guys have any suggestions on how I can train better? Especially on how to get into position without being seen in light cover and accuracy? I have almost no cash because I cant get a job (stupid child labor laws) and what I do have goes to my two pigs, so the cheaper (and less paintballs) the better. I've got a patch of woods near my house that I could practice in (they're a little thicker than my field though) but i just don't know what to do. I'm a little new to the position too, but i need to work on these skills the most.

You asked how you could train BETTER, so how are you training now? Getting into position is easy, you just have to make a mad sprint for you position and then dive in and remain motionless, you don't need any super fancy camouflage just remain still. Accuracy is a matter of practicing shooting, I reccomend using the paint your going to use in a game to practice with, Reballs can have a completely different flight pattern. I can explain some drills for accuracy if you would like, just let me know. Camouflage only works if your sitting still, the only advantage ghillie gives you over regular camouflage is while your slow crawling, otherwise if your sitting still with a decent blending camouflage your going to remain invisible.

#15 User is offline   mrfranswa 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

Excersize:

-RUN RUN RUN! Run until you are about to die. This will increase your stamina
-Increase upper body strength with pullups, pushups, and situps. This will help with your prone belly crawling

Cheap, (but not used), equippment:

- Camel pack. You can get one from walmart. I can't tell you how many games where it takes me 2x as long to get into position because I get overly-dehydrated IN GAME.
- Go to a fabric store, buy some fabric and cut it into swaths. This will increase your ghillie density if you have one.

Training:

-Go to a heavily populated area with your ghillie. Hide in a spot where people frequent. Make sure people can't see you. Perfect places are parks near town centers. This will help you learn how to blend in, and if your ghillie is working properly

At the field:

- Only barrel tag people out in all of your games. This will teach you to remain motionless, crawl into position. It will also save you on paint.
- Only load with cigar tubes, and only if you are out. This will force you to count and aim your shots.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users