• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FAMAS Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

well...everyone has an M4...and everyones is trying to get either a M416, M417, or a Scar

well i want to mix it up a lil and put something inside my brothers FAMAS airsoft shell

so yeah...a lil help goes a long way.

step 1) get FAMAS (done)
step 2) get marker (done)
step 3) get materials for build (almost done)
step 4) mod FAMAS
step 5) reassemble with ion

This post has been edited by Down Range Pain: 17 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:36 AM

If You can still get em, Ion internals are the easy'st ones to work with, simple tube design, not to mention its small so that helps.

materials? Up to you, I have seen two Famas designs done, one with a standard ASA out the grip and a slot cut in for a hopper.

I'v also seen one with Halo internals (cone) inside the stock, and the extra space left for about 60 paintballs. Then a hole cut in the top ( like a speedfeed) for ten round tubes.
eh.

Creativity will be your freind.

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:59 AM

well i def want to leave the grip and trigger frame untouched,its the FFL version and i love that grip...

i thought about an ion but i really dont kno how it works...gonna have to dig something up on it and do some learning
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

#4 User is offline   Supergyro 

• Ain't He Great, Folks?
  • PipPip

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

I'll sell you my Epiphany (Ion with Firebolt and other factory ups) for $150 or make an offer. I could also part out just the gun and we could work something out.

Just another option.
Posted Image
"Of course you know, this means war."-Bugs Bunny
"My friend got killed by a throwing star but I live because of DEagle."-Thalion

"The visible spectrum is...RAINBOWS"-Pirate

#5 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

nah, afraid i blew thro all my cash and trades on the famas,brothers bday gift a Dragun TES and a HPA tank.

#6 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

ok i got ion parts on the way and right now im working on modding the body of the famas...first thing thats got to go is the gaint rail...i kno im probably gonna get flamed for that but it has to go to make room for the feedsystem.

im also planning on take other parts off it but i need a plastic putty like material that i can mold into shape and sand down once its on place to cover over and smooth holes.

anyone know any products that could do that? like brand and where to get it?

#7 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 17 August 2010 - 09:43 AM, said:

ok i got ion parts on the way and right now im working on modding the body of the famas...first thing thats got to go is the gaint rail...i kno im probably gonna get flamed for that but it has to go to make room for the feedsystem.

im also planning on take other parts off it but i need a plastic putty like material that i can mold into shape and sand down once its on place to cover over and smooth holes.

No experience modifying guns but... plaster or something like it? :P

#8 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:06 AM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 17 August 2010 - 09:43 AM, said:

Epoxy-sculpt or fiberglass. Fiberglass would be best. It is a tad more work probably, but it will be extremely durable. Or a plastic filler I suppose (don't use "bondo" brand), it would help to know if you are working with a metal or plastic FAMAS shell.
Edit: Are you filling actual holes? If so then plastic filler and epoxysculpt is out, and I am going to say fiberglass is your best option in general depending on what material you are working with.

This post has been edited by shadow_772: 21 August 2010 - 02:07 AM

#9 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:05 AM

yeah im going to be cutting the plastic shell and filling holes, and making a cradle for the ion.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users