• You cannot reply to this topic

Planet Eclipse A place for any and all Eclipse marker questions

#1 User is offline   Danger Dan 

• Team Desert Edge
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Danger Dan

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

The time is here where we Woodsballers can see the value of High End markers in the woods. Planet Eclipse leads the way with just such a markers. This is a place where you can ask any questions or request any help you may need regarding Eclipse Markers.

Posted Image

EGO 9
Posted Image

GEO 9
Posted Image

Please feel free to ask about any year of Eclipse marker

This post has been edited by Danger Dan: 08 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

#2 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:48 PM

Me first! I have a couple questions. I want an ego, but an ETEK2 is cheaper, why? What makes the ego "better" than an ETEK2?

2: Remember at ION, the first night when we were pushing at the german base and you were screaming really loudly at people to pull back. You told me to tell everybody. Remember me? I had the pump?
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#3 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:16 PM

View Postflorentine, on Oct 8 2008, 06:48 PM, said:

Me first! I have a couple questions. I want an ego, but an ETEK2 is cheaper, why? What makes the ego "better" than an ETEK2?

I'm pretty sure the biggest differences between the etek2 and the ego08 are that the ego has a star frame, and a zick kit. There might be some other stuff.

#4 User is offline   Danger Dan 

• Team Desert Edge
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Danger Dan

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:21 PM

LOLOL YES I do remember you. THANK YOU for your help. You rocked!!!

The ETEK2 is not as "refined" as an EGO. It is not as light and it does not have as many technological advancements in it.

That being said..

The ETEK2 is AWESOME!!!! I really feel it is the best gun in its price range by far. The only draw back for me is that it does not have an LCD scree for the settings. It has LED lights. Im really not smart enough for LED lights. You can however get the star frame and that does have the LCD screen.

If the ETEK2 is what is in your price range GET IT! You will NOT regret it even for a second. The efficacy is second to none and they just always work. You will be the first one on the field and the last one off to fill.

#5 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:25 PM

The Ego's (except for the 09) have QEV's that make it a little faster... not sure what else they really do. I don't have an Ego and I didn't have much interest in them until the 08 came out, and the new 09 looks amazing... just between it and the new MacDev coming out in two weeks.

And of course, the Ego's are made to tighter tolerances, they're lighter, have a better board, etc. It's just like a PM8 vs. a PMR.

-Z3R0

This post has been edited by Z3R0: 08 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#6 User is offline   buffaloclone 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

eewww... the geo is prolly a nice gun but eeewww,,,,,

#7 User is offline   Zmeister45 

• Customer Service/Sales
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zmeister45

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:47 PM

View Postbuffaloclone, on Oct 8 2008, 05:29 PM, said:

eewww... the geo is prolly a nice gun but eeewww,,,,,

By ewwww... if you mean you just crapped yourself at the pure amazingness I totally know what you mean.

#8 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

Good info man. So between the ETEK and the ETEK2, what is the main difference between these? And what year would be best?
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

#9 User is offline   DecoyDuck 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Sitting_Duck

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:36 PM

there are a handful of differences that are significant between the etek and the etek2.

1. first shot drop off problem with etek doesn't exist with etek2.
2. body milling takes a few ounces off here and there.
3. easier to adjust OOPS; you don't have to open the grip to loosen or remove the ASA
and
4. new regulator; no washers to stack, it's the new spring system, making it almost as gas efficient and consistent as an ego.

i have had NO issues whatsoever with my etek2, and ask dan, i'm one of the most abusive players out there. i have dropped, fallen on, dug sand trenches with the barrel (also falling, not on purpose), soaked, played in scorching heat, my etek 2 and it's still a miracle worker. i've only changed the battery in this bad boy once. when i first got it, i shot through an entire scuba tank to break it in (probably around 200,000 shots) and i've gone an entire season with the second battery. i only had an air leak once, because i forgot to put an o-ring back. while the etek is a solid marker, there were a few issues, as with all first releases that have been taken care of in the etek2.

for my money, the etek 2 is THE way to go. as for year, i think there's only the etek and the 2... so take your pick.
Shut up and play already!

#10 User is offline   T - Bone 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:T - Bone

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

I have rolled with an Ego for a couple years now. I was not shocked at how great the 08 was in comparison to the 07 (which was also a life changing experience for the better), I have pretty much come to expect that from Planet.

What I was shocked with was how impressed I have been with the Etek 2. I bought this as a gun for my 10 year old son (ya he's a spoiled little TINKLE-ant) and I couldn't be more happy with it. Although it would be plenty of gun for me alone, it serves my son's purpose perfectly. I NEVER have to worry about the gun breaking down, chopping a ball, etc. The kid just turns it on and plays--no more baby sitting. That's why I never take the boy fishing any more, I just got too sick of untangling his line and replacing hooks and bait. Paintball was the same way. Constantly dealing with his crap, taking my time away from the game. All I do is make sure he has fresh batteries in his loader and gun, and I never hear from him until the end of the day. He loves it. I'm anxious to see the Etek this year

I have come to realize it is multiple small details that makes one Eclipse marker better than the one below or before it. The Zick kit is a great help. The Cure bolt is also a great improvement over the Etek's bolt. It is advertised as a cure bolt, and does have some similarities, but the true Cure bolt from the Ego is as gentle on fragile paint as possible.

Whether you are looking at an Etek, Ego, or GEO, Eclipse has proven to make the most reliable and air-efficient markers out there--and for scenario paintball, those assets are the first of our priorities.
t__i__m__o__t___h___y_____s___a___u___n__d__e__r__s

#11 User is offline   E Z 

• Beyaw
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:E Z Magic

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

I have the Etek 2 and i love it! i have never copped a single ball and i have gone through atleast 15 cases. I also get just as many shots per fill as the 08 ego. I've gone through a whole case on one full fill on my 68/45. Amazing gun for its price.
--Also I'm selling it, so if you want it just hit me up!

This post has been edited by E Z: 08 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

ADD ME ON XBOX LIVE "xX 08 EGO Xx"
Just say you are from the forums when you add me.

#12 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:54 PM

Another question, I have always hear about it, but what is the OOPS? I feel like an EGO noob.

View PostE Z, on Oct 8 2008, 11:25 PM, said:

I would buy it if you did a pay plan with me. I cannot save money worth crap, but a pay plan would be perfect for me, along with m birthday in 20 days, so I am getting alot of money because its my 18th b-day.
Feedback

#13 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:44 PM

OOPS(on/off purge system) is the ASA system on the ego. Kind of a fancy way of saying ASA.

#14 User is offline   Florentine 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

I was wondering what the hell that meant. Thanks Mitch, and don't worry, I am getting that money for the pants asap.
Feedback

#15 User is offline   buffaloclone 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

By ewwww... if you mean you just crapped yourself at the pure amazingness I totally know what you mean.

no its t'aint so nice lookin'.. the red one looks tight but the blue is bad

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users