Special Ops Paintball: JT WGP to auction off their inventory - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

JT WGP to auction off their inventory Is it true? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   psychosplinter 

• Artilleragh!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Skookum

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

I was on Mcarterbrown, there was a link to a PBNation thread saying so...

" JT WGP to auction their inventory
JT/WGP is now in the process of auctioning off the rest of their autocokcer inventory...what a shame...basically get the parts now while you can....im guessing the peopel will buy them and then sell them on ebay so if peoiple need parts, look out for them to hit ebay soon..."

"the email came through a dealers email...so they are asking all dealers if they want them right now...."

That was OP, here's link

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=4...76#post46230676

While PB is not the most reliable source, I find it very believable and saddening They've been slowin down for years, and the JT move basically started to kill them slowly. Sounds like they're closing shop, but I can't be so sure. Does anyone else have any info?

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

I do know JT/WGP and the rest are doing a big restructuring, moving/closing warehouses and other infrastructure changes.

So quite likely it's true.

#3 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:15 PM

Nice post... That sucks for people who love cockers I suppose...

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

Nothing says they'll terminate parts. Even Jeff Orr said they'll still support the markers. I'm sure it's just becuase it's easier to sell it than move it.

#5 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:19 PM

AGD won, after almost 20 years :blink:.

Oh well. Now Cockers will go the way of Sheridans I guess. Still a strong community, but not quite as available anymore.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#6 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:49 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Apr 7 2008, 08:18 PM, said:

Nothing says they'll terminate parts. Even Jeff Orr said they'll still support the markers. I'm sure it's just becuase it's easier to sell it than move it.

That sounds more likely to me actually...

#7 User is offline   psychosplinter 

• Artilleragh!
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

"JT Sports Reorganizes With Emphasis On R&D Synergies Within The Jarden Team Sports Platform

JT Sports announces further consolidation of the paintball business. This announcement follows the formation of Jarden's Team Sports, a division of Jarden Corporation. Jarden Team Sports encompasses all operational and development activities of Rawlings, Worth, Miken, JT, Viewloader, WGP, Brass Eagle and deBeer brands. Effective May, 2008 JT Sports’ California operations will be integrated with existing operations in Arkansas.

"Our mission is to channel our resources and to come with a focused and unified platform to all of the paintball industry", states John Robinson, GM of JT Sports. We are rededicating our resources to the Traditional business and will be introducing a complete and comprehensive line of new products for the Traditional channel of trade. Jarden Team Sports’ Vice President of RD & E, Art Chou states "eliminating operational redundancies and consolidating more of our operations will allow for rapid iteration and new product development across all trade channels".

The objective of this reorganization is to ensure a clear, concise branding and product line message across all JT Sports brands. In the end, this will position JT to deliver a stronger, more unified customer service driven organization"

Went to JT, this seems to parallel the moving/consolidation bit of it.

JT USA Paintball

This post has been edited by psychosplinter: 07 April 2008 - 09:20 PM

#8 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

In all honesty, I'm not surprised. WGP needed to come up with something that wasn't a converted pump and just move on. The actual performance envelope for Cockers is very narrow compared to Automags and modern electros. When you got them tuned tight enough to where they would perform like that, they started getting very quirky. AGD actually "won" several years ago when it became clear the Autococker couldn't compare with the Automag's reliability and performance. It just took several years for WGP to ramp down production.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#9 User is offline   psychosplinter 

• Artilleragh!
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:52 PM

All I can hope is that WGP doesn't come back craptiastically like Brass Eagle under further K2/JT management. I know that it's supposed to fill that "newbie niche", but honestly.

Rather just die out quitely than to come back looking foolish.

#10 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:29 PM

Can't say i am sad to see them go. Those "fatherless men" at wgp screwed over Palmer. But i won't go there in this thread, or try not to at least. I'll just say good riddance. Cheap rip off autococking system they used just made the sniper clunky.

Does this mean Jeff will join his father and make motorcycles? Who is he gonna steal his cycle design from then? Ok, i know, i said i wouldn't go there...and i did...yeah...i am dirty. Deal with it.

-bitter Palmerite

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#11 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:05 AM

As much as I dislike the new WGP, PPS couldn't be who they are without autocockers. And a lot of the WGP legal crap came from the K2 end of it.

Think about it though, cocker stock parts sucked for a long time, but PPS made good LPRs and cocker upgrades, which sold well, which gave them the financial power to become a full time shop. And PPS's best selling marker, the blazer, HAD to have been partially based on improvements to an autococker. Similar in that it's a removable barreled aluminum bodied autococking sheridan valved marker, but it's got less reciprocating mass than an autococker, internalized pneumatics, no hoses, quick strip barrel, easier access to the velocity adjuster, etc. Glen Palmer HAD to make some of these improvements based on autococker issues, I doubt all of them were ideas from improving his own designs...

If there was no WGP to improve upon, would a blazer be as good as it is?

This post has been edited by aqua_scummm: 08 April 2008 - 12:05 AM

#12 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:40 AM

Touche. I bow to your superior intellect. :happy:
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#13 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:49 AM

Not at all, just a more positive spin on a rather negative aspect of our sport :happy:

#14 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:16 AM

View PostLegato, on Apr 7 2008, 10:29 PM, said:

Can't say i am sad to see them go. Those "fatherless men" at wgp screwed over Palmer. But i won't go there in this thread, or try not to at least. I'll just say good riddance. Cheap rip off autococking system they used just made the sniper clunky.

Does this mean Jeff will join his father and make motorcycles? Who is he gonna steal his cycle design from then? Ok, i know, i said i wouldn't go there...and i did...yeah...i am dirty. Deal with it.

-bitter Palmerite

I wouldn't say WGP boned Palmers. They never even tried to pull a Smart Parts on them after they patented the autococking design, and Glen Palmer has repeatedly stated that he'd have never mass-produced any marker, and wanted to stay a custom shop. I'm surprised that they even produce as much as they do, honestly. The Blazer is almost mainstream in some circles. If they'd have stolen the Typhoon design, and *then* patented it and sued Glen out of the market, there'd be blood. But they've left PPS right alone. I'm sure that Glen would have words about it (Maybe someone should ask them at Spring Castle, the Palmers are gonna be there!), but I doubt he's lost any money over the 'Cocker. Hell, he's probably made money since he's been making the best parts available for them since they came out.

Now, this is all assuming that Orr DOESN'T have Camille in a box in his attic. :laugh:

#15 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:18 AM

Hold up...

This post has been edited by Steed: 08 April 2008 - 06:23 AM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic