• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MR1 LP conversion question Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:57 PM

I want to start converting for LP soon and had a couple of questions...

OK, so the innards are polished up nice, I have a 32 Degrees high flow valve coming, the bolt has the venturi out, and I have my eye on a Palmer's female reg.<<<< That I want to have take place of the ASA and keep the fake mag because it offers some forehand protection.

My question is concerning the LP or x chamber... Since the MR1's have the plug at the end of the valve chamber that doesn't thread in like every other Spyder, and I don't want to loose the fake mag I'm wondering what my options are??? Is there some sort of adapter that lets me put a conventional LP chamber on? If not, then what about modding the body of the gun to go 1/4" pipe and adding a length of pipe inside the mag to get additional volume? Would that provide enough extra volume???
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"
Mark that quote down... very important.

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#2 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:12 PM

I dont know much about LP Conversions, but I do know that you would need to lose the Fake Mag and place in a Regulator.

#3 User is offline   _KEVLAR_ 

• Spyder owner #81
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:_KEVLAR_

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:10 PM

If you use the ASA setup you can keep the mag on there. You just have to make sure that there's enough air between the reg and the valve(which is what the LPC is for). The air in the lines might be enough and you might not need a low pressure cell at all. The more I think about it you'll probably actually have more air in the lines the way you are doing it than you would in the LPC on a marker that has a reg plugged directly into the vertical adapter. I think it will work. So my advice is: test it out and pave the way for other people who want to do the same thing. And good luck.
"Don't bother wiping it off--I'll only shoot you again." -me
If you're a Christian paintballer put this in your sig.

#4 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

View PostEvil Fingers, on Feb 25 2008, 09:12 PM, said:

I dont know much about LP Conversions, but I do know that you would need to lose the Fake Mag and place in a Regulator.

I don't think that I will have to. I'm going to mount a reg (Palmer's) where the old ASA would be.

View Post_KEVLAR_, on Feb 25 2008, 10:10 PM, said:

If you use the ASA setup you can keep the mag on there. You just have to make sure that there's enough air between the reg and the valve(which is what the LPC is for). The air in the lines might be enough and you might not need a low pressure cell at all. The more I think about it you'll probably actually have more air in the lines the way you are doing it than you would in the LPC on a marker that has a reg plugged directly into the vertical adapter. I think it will work. So my advice is: test it out and pave the way for other people who want to do the same thing. And good luck.

Cshhh... Roger will-co... Paving the way.

It looks like in the mag, there is room enough for 3/8" pipe and then some... So what I will do is tap the gun to 1/4"npt then use an adapter to go 3/8" pipe for x inches, then adapt back to 1/4 or even 1/8th pipe with an elbow back towards the stabilizer. I think that there won't be enough room to run braided stainless, so I'm sure that macro line will be in order. OR, I could do like Fingers did, and just do a quick connect at the end of the mag and run a remote. If I did that then I would have to get a vest and all that other jive though - I don't know if I wanna do that.

This post has been edited by ProX: 26 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#5 User is offline   _KEVLAR_ 

• Spyder owner #81
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:41 PM

Alright I just figured out that I was wrong. There won't be enough air in the lines to make up for not having a low pressure cell.

Here's what I found out.

The internal volume of the lpc on my Victor 2 is: 5.497787141 cubic centimeters.
And the internal volume of 9 inches of steel braided hose is: 2.872672322 cubic centimeters.

So you would need some kind of extra air storage between the reg and the valve.

This post has been edited by _KEVLAR_: 26 February 2008 - 01:56 PM

#6 User is offline   _KEVLAR_ 

• Spyder owner #81
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

Ok, here's my idea.
It's kind of a grip mounted low pressure cell.
This is the bottom of the grip.
Attached File  Stab._bottom_line_setup__JPEG.JPG (49.04K)
Number of downloads: 24

It looks like it could be a bit bulky but it would give you the extra air storage you need.

Here are links to the stuff in the pic.
"T" fitting
1/8 plug
90* elbow
1/8 extention
ASA to 1/8 adapter
gas thru grip I couldn't find one in black.

This post has been edited by _KEVLAR_: 26 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

#7 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

Hmmm... Looks like I may be OK then... Even though 3/8" pipe won't fit, 1/4" pipe and the fittings will give me right around .4ci or about 6.5cc. I should be able to hide all of it in the fake mag.

Even if it isn't quite enough, I'm sure that I could bump up the pressure a touch. Even 400-450psi would be better than the 700-800 it would normally take. The biggest reason I'm doing this to quiet it and reduce/eliminate "shoot down". Yes I know someone will chime in and say "Go HPA", but it is not an option. The nearest HPA supplier is nearly an hour drive one way.<<<< Not gonna happen.

Do you smell what I smell??? Write up maybe???

#8 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:48 AM

Update: I've got it up and running... It shoots 280-285fps at 300psi. It cost roughly $110-115.00 and I was able to do all of it myself with just simple hand tools.

For the Spyder haters out there, I know, I know... It costs more than the original purchase (not much considering I bought it re-manned). Buy this or that instead... It's a better marker to start with. Well then I'd still have to buy the marker (new or used), then at the minimum buy a Palmer's stabilizer to smooth out the pressure spikes of the CO2. The Stabilizer was the single biggest investment in the project.

Give me a little time and I will make a write up with some pictures. You're going to have to put up with some kinda crappy cell phone pics, but I will borrow an actual digi cam and get a couple more decent ones...

#9 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:16 PM

This post has been edited by ProX: 31 March 2008 - 09:28 AM

#10 User is offline   artillerist90 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:artillerist90

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:58 PM

Wow. Kinda wanna try this on an MR3. Did you use Kevlar's idea or your original?

Pictures?

This post has been edited by artillerist90: 02 April 2008 - 02:11 PM

phoom...phoom, phoom...phoom, phoom, phoom...PHANTOM.

#11 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:19 PM

I used my original idea. I had it written up here, but the Mods moved it HERE

#12 User is offline   _KEVLAR_ 

• Spyder owner #81
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:47 PM

View Postartillerist90, on Apr 2 2008, 03:58 PM, said:

Wow. Kinda wanna try this on an MR3. Did you use Kevlar's idea or your original?

Pictures?

If I were you, I'd go with his idea. It's much more compact and probably cheaper.

#13 User is offline   artillerist90 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:artillerist90

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

What if anything would need to be changed on this plan for HPA? I guess you wouldn't need the stabilizer but maybe a HPA reg instead.
phoom...phoom, phoom...phoom, phoom, phoom...PHANTOM.

#14 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:44 AM

View Postartillerist90, on Apr 8 2008, 05:48 PM, said:

What if anything would need to be changed on this plan for HPA? I guess you wouldn't need the stabilizer but maybe a HPA reg instead.

I'm thinking you would only need to change the spring combination. Maybe somebody else can chime in with more certainty?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users