Special Ops Paintball: deadly Hpa (nitro) And Co2 Tank Saftey Incidents - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

deadly Hpa (nitro) And Co2 Tank Saftey Incidents For experienced and new players

#1 User is offline   10-shot kid 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:15 AM

Removed until aussie bloke decides it should be back.

This post has been edited by 10-shot kid: 27 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

Edward Thomas Cigar: 104 Limestone Plaza Fayettville, the only place with a proper lounge to buy and smoke well kept premium and rare cigars in syracuse.
Cousins paintball: Top of the line tourny and rec. fields and gear http://www.playpaintball.com/

Professional Internet Poster Sponsered by,
Sean "SP marketing dude" Scott: DESTROYER OF SPECIAL OPS 4 EVAH!

#2 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:31 AM

Great thread after reading the recent thread about tanks exlpoding I was starting a similar thread.

Going to pin this its alot of good info that people need to be aware of.

Peace,
Teddy K

#3 User is offline   Incognito 

• Using Less Than 100 Paintballs A Day
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:33 AM

Wow. Food for thought. Great thread, 10-shot!

~Quip~
~Christian Paintballer~CPPA Member #3565~Stock Class Paintballer~Automaggot~My Feedback
Posted Image
The Family: VSC Phantom, PGP, Classic Automag, Autococker, Pumpcocker
U.S. Army Infantry: Because Someone Needs to Take Out the Trash

#4 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:34 AM

Nice post. I have heard of the fill nipple thing especially. Nice post.

#5 User is offline   Reaper1717 

• ^da eVil leMon^
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Reaper1717

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

VERY good post. Most paintball players don't seem to really understand just how dangerous air tanks can be. This should be pinned in the safety section as well as GPD.

Oh, and that bronze part at the end of a co2 tank that goes into the ASA is the valve.
IPB Image

#6 User is offline   Ravenlord 

• I am heavy weapons guy!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:RAVENLORD

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:03 AM

ya ive seen the result of a burst disk going on a full CO2 tank. is was a 20oz and it spun around for about 30 seconds and had reached 5ft in the air. it hit the ground and almost broke a kids leg. (the kid jumped back quick enough)
Funny Signatures Involve Effort, and I am lazy.
Automaggot #74
Team Vinidication

#7 User is offline   10-shot kid 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:52 AM

I'm glad this got pinned, it's an important seldom known subject. I hope people will read the whole bloody thing. It would be nice if specops where to enforce learning about this subject VIA their brigade test thingies.

Reaper: I know but I've heard it refered to as soooooo many diffrent things I tried to make it as clear as possible. Anyone that knows it's a valve can figure out what I'm talking about anyhow. I tried to make it as obvious as possible to new players, remember this was first typed up for the first timer masses of paintball.com ;)

SIDE NOTE: I will be updating the original post as new information about air tank saftey comes to me. Things I would like to cover:
-keeping your HPA tank struturally sound with proper storage (bassically keep 500-1000 psi in it during storage)
-replacing burst disks/fail safe devices (don't put a burst disk with too high a rating on your tank)
-Issues with hydrotesting facilities just stamping tanks without testing them (happens more than you think, serious issue)

These are all issues I have run into in scuba diving. I was licensed by padi to be a rescue diver (never upgraded temp license because I'm retarded) and this is all stuff I put on myself to learn.

This post has been edited by 10-shot kid: 23 August 2007 - 12:01 PM

Edward Thomas Cigar: 104 Limestone Plaza Fayettville, the only place with a proper lounge to buy and smoke well kept premium and rare cigars in syracuse.
Cousins paintball: Top of the line tourny and rec. fields and gear http://www.playpaintball.com/

#8 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:56 AM

Great post, I heard about that incident with the mom and so did my field and they will not under any cercumstances let us take out our own tanks, which I think is a good idea for the most part.

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#9 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

good post. fyi, HPA and Nitrogen arent the same thing. theyre similar, and has similar pressure ranges yes, but pure nitrogen is inert. hpa is "dirty" air, due to the amount of oxygen in it, which would explain why it would burn or explode if mistreated. MCB has a good thread going in there about a similar incidence, several veteran members note the lack of safety precautions in hpa fills as opposed to scuba fills.
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#10 User is offline   10-shot kid 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

camo: I know they are, but given the fact it's out of style to call it a nitro tank now I try to circumvent that simple issue with refrencing both :). Scuba diving has two reasons why there is increased saftey,
1. Scuba shacks don't survive without being certified by a SCUBA agiency such as PADI or that other less important one (joking :P)
2. Scuba divers don't put up with unsafe shinanigans, paintballers do. Just looking at a scuba tank anyone can see how it's dangerous, movies like JAWS helped out with this important perception. A paintball tank on the other hand doesn't look all that dangerous. Hell we stick it to a paintgun and do crazy things with it anyhow. They get tossed, landed on, hit, etc. What people fail to realize is that 3000-4500 PSI is a bloody lot of pressure and can really mess someone or thing up.

#11 User is offline   Teddymo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Teddymo

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:04 PM

Good post 10shot.

I am glad my Oath post inspired you to write it and inform everyone even further about how important it is to not even put a tiny drop in your HPA tank. If you ever see me on the field give me a shout out.

#12 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

10-shot, it doesnt matter the mass, 3k+ psi is still alot of pressure. and several members have said that they would prefer if the field owners had decided to supply pure nitrogen instead of typical compressed air fills, but of course, field owners never listen do they? :eck: and among one of the safety precautions, putting the tank in a water filled box with armor around the box in order to fill it safely, or a similar pressure containment box as mentioned for scuba fills.
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#13 User is offline   10-shot kid 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:36 AM

Camo: In terms of perception it does, sorry if I didn't articulate that correctly :(

Teddymo: same to you bro

#14 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:54 PM

My old Chemistry prof was a Nazi when it came to policing the gas cylinders in our lab. If you didn't have the thing strapped to the wall, you would get the thing shoved up your butt. Turns out, that when he was working at a lab, someone dropped on, the reg on the end came off, and three concrete walls later, it came to a stop. Thats one thing that field owners need to be aware of, strap those suckers down.

Furthermore, another very potentially dangerous scenario is leaving your 4500 psi tank in your car's trunk... heat increases air pressure and can make the tank explode... thats bad.

#15 User is offline   Ryan J. 

• Life begins at the break and ends at the 50.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheJudge411

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:12 AM

wow and my field u fill your tanks yourself, i just read this for the first time haha

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users