• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:29 AM

Link to my original review: CLICK HERE

Or just read it here:

Background Info:
The only mask I used before I bought a set of V-Force Grillz was the stock Tippmann mask that comes in the "Tippmann 98C Power Pack." I had decided that that mask just didn't cut it, and I needed something that performed much better. I did some research, and decided to buy the V-Force Grillz. Although I use E-Vents now, I do not regret buying the grillz and using them. The Grillz are great masks, and you get what you pay for.

Looks:
Some people say you look like a "bug" or an alien of some sort when you put it on, but most love the agressive styling of the Grillz. A lot of the newer, higher end masks are starting to have a more "agressive" style to them. When I used Grillz, I used Reverse Green/Black Grillz (Pretty much Olive Drab/Black) with an amber lens. I must say it looked good.

Comfort:
Although I prefer my E-Vents, they are both Extremely comfortable masks. It is really personal preference. If you are thinking about buying either, I recommend you try them both on first and figure out for yourself. Either way, they are both awesome masks, but as I said, it is all personal preference.

Field Of Vision:
A good field of vision, not the best, but still an excellent field of vision (as it should be with all high-end masks).

Ventilation:
Good ventilation, I wouldn't ask for more, but wouldn't take less. If you are breathing really hard, you can feel it but despite this, the mask still doesn't fog. Overall, I say ventilation is all around pretty good.

Lens Changing/Maintenance:
Extremely easy to change the lens. The E-Vents are just as easy, but you don't do it in the same way. The removable foam is also an excellent idea, and allows you to quickly change out sweaty foam between games. The only flaw I have HEARD of, but NOT EXPERIENCED with this mask is that it will tear near the strap (near the back of the mask). I used mine for over a year without this problem though.

Recommendation:
I definitely recommend this mask. It is an excellent choice, and you definitely get your moneys worth. Although, if you are considering a new mask, I recommend you try out a few. I am happy I switched to the E-Vents, and I would say try a few out before you buy one, because they perform very well, but you may find you like one more than another.

#2 User is offline   Spartan Heart 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan Heart

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:20 PM

I gotta agree!!!!
Best mask i have ever used or owned!!!!!!
Semper Fidelis- Death before dishoner- Fear is not an Option- Swift, Silent, Deadly
"If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done" (Saber)
Oorah!

#3 User is offline   Charlie Echo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Charlie Echo

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:36 PM

I sweat a lot. Bad problem to have if you don't want foggy lens. Has anyone who sweats alot tried this mask in humid hot weather? Does it fog? and to what degree would you say it was a problem? I have the mask and I love it. Just wondering what to expect as the weather gets warmer. I usually quit playing in the summer because fog gets too bad. Playing is just not fun anymore with fog. Talk to me Grillz ownerz! :comp:

#4 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

As long as the thermal coating is on there it seemed fine when I had one.

#5 User is offline   Phish 

• Phish
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:58 PM

grillz and profilers are the 2 best masks on the market in my opinion.

#6 User is offline   willdunn 

• *INSERT CATCH PHRASE*
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:willdunn

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

There is no z in grills, FYI, but good review man A+

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:06 PM

View PostCharlie Echo, on Mar 6 2008, 09:36 PM, said:

I sweat a lot. Bad problem to have if you don't want foggy lens. Has anyone who sweats alot tried this mask in humid hot weather? Does it fog? and to what degree would you say it was a problem? I have the mask and I love it. Just wondering what to expect as the weather gets warmer. I usually quit playing in the summer because fog gets too bad. Playing is just not fun anymore with fog. Talk to me Grillz ownerz! :panzer:

I had a minor problem with sweat coming off my forehead and getting into the inside of the lens.
This was fixed by a minor readjustment of my headband. I simply moved it down so there was zero bare skin between the head band and the mask, and the problem was solved. I have heard that the Dye I3 Pros have this same problem, due to the shape of the mask.

And yes, I sweat a lot. I'm naturally warm (like, I go skiing in a t-shirt and wind pants so I don't sweat a ton).

As a user of the Grill, I approve this review.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#8 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

Hooray approval! lol

#9 User is offline   maniac3641 

• Rabble, Rabble, Rabble
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:05 AM

View Postwilldunn, on Mar 16 2008, 07:32 PM, said:

There is no z in grills, FYI, but good review man A+

yes there is, like the song or whatever
Member of New England Inferno
Sponsored By:www.affordablepaintballs.com
New England Inferno Team Thread

#10 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

Lol, overplayed... sooo overplayed...

#11 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:09 AM

Just found a pair of used Tan/olive grills for a really good price considering the foam was new and came with 2 lenses in good condition, I absolutely LOVE the feel on my face, great vision and cannot see myself wearing a different mask.

I forsee this mask lasting me a very long time

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users