• You cannot reply to this topic

Rolling in Paint??? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Flax 

• "Dangerous when cornered"
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Flax

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:25 PM

So say you playing in an arena, and someonein a bunkers' pod just opened up and spilled paintballs everywhere. Your the next one to dive into the bunker, and now you squash it all over your torso <_< . your covered in paint, How do you tell the refs what happened???

#2 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lament

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:51 PM

I work at a speedball field. As a result, I know that paintballs get spilled all over the place. I look at anything that could be a hit and have to determine if it is an actual hit or if it is a crushed paintball. Sometimes, I get it wrong, but most times, I know the difference.

If a ref calls you out, you simply go out, then, after the game is over, take a moment to show the ref the scattered and broken paintballs. Or, if you notice the paintballs scattered all over, you either take a moment to try to spread them out of your way in advance or let the ref know before the game. Never argue with the ref during the game. If the ref is the only one on the field, and there are 13 other players, they need their atention to be able to see as much of what is going on and not trying to argue with one player.

This post has been edited by Lament: 03 July 2006 - 02:51 PM

Shooting like there is no tomorrow. For all we know, there is no tomorrow.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#3 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:54 PM

That's definitely a tough call, and it's only natural that we get it wrong sometimes. There's not a lot that you can do, other than talk to the ref after the game, like Lament said.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   X Jackson X 

• Dye Hard Speedballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:01 PM

Usually the paint would be smeared. And the ref would see many marks and that should tell him that it was ground splater.
IPB Image

#5 User is offline   curtsenn 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:curtsenn

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:26 PM

View PostLament, on Jul 3 2006, 02:51 PM, said:

I work at a speedball field. As a result, I know that paintballs get spilled all over the place. I look at anything that could be a hit and have to determine if it is an actual hit or if it is a crushed paintball. Sometimes, I get it wrong, but most times, I know the difference.

I agree. Usually it is very easy to tell if someone was lying on them or not.
Brevity is the soul of wit ~William Shakespear

#6 User is offline   Flax 

• "Dangerous when cornered"
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Flax

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:55 PM

Thanks for the answer guys

#7 User is offline   Pneumaniac227 

• Certified Pump Paintball Crash Dummy
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:44 PM

I think I would probably guess that someone layed in a "bed" of paint if their whole torso was covered. I've never seen anyone get hit that many times.
Digi Camo Program Web Dog Radio The Whiteboard
"Hype, cease and desist orders, and lawsuits are ruining our sport" club member #4
My Feedback (+8/-0) My Stuff For Sale!!! My Website
"The Ironmen though, are like the Yankees. I dont really care for them, but I would still place a bet on them." -ghostinthewood

#8 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lament

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:33 PM

I just had a guy today that was playing a bunker and got hit. I had to determine what was the actual hit, and what was him crushing paintballs under him that were there in the first place.

Shooting like there is no tomorrow. For all we know, there is no tomorrow.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#9 User is offline   elfboy382 

• Raid Pillage and Plunder, but only on tuesdays.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:elfboy382

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:09 PM

View PostLament, on Jul 3 2006, 02:51 PM, said:

If a ref calls you out, you simply go out, then, after the game is over, take a moment to show the ref the scattered and broken paintballs. Or, if you notice the paintballs scattered all over, you either take a moment to try to spread them out of your way in advance or let the ref know before the game. Never argue with the ref during the game. If the ref is the only one on the field, and there are 13 other players, they need their atention to be able to see as much of what is going on and not trying to argue with one player.

I agree, refs are humans, and humans make mistakes. It happens, just go out and discuss it later with him/her.
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, or that you got a ticket on the way there.. your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball 4 life..

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users