• You cannot reply to this topic

Tac 1 really worth the $$$$ ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   xrugger 

• I fart in your general direction!
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:xrugger

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:33 PM

Ok I have read alot of stuff about a Tac one. My question is, is it really worth the $$$? For the price of just the Tac1 I can get a Q-loaded ion with 5 Qpods and loader, a T2W air-thru stock, a blackcell body, an L7 bolt, a red dot sight and a palmers Brass barrel. (Ok maybe not all of that but a majority of that list). In terms of performance is there really that much difference to warrent the tac one being close to three times the cost of the Ion. How much better can it really be? Will it shoot that much faster? Will it shoot that much quieter? In terms of upgradeability there is a plethara ("would you say that I have a plethara of presents? Yes El Wapo") of parts out there for the ion. I haven't seen much for the tac1 accept for what is on the adg website. I want a solid, quiet, reliable gun to play sniper with. I don't have a problem saving the $$ to buy the best but I don't want to spend all of that extra money if 19 out of 20 players couldn't tell the difference. Let me know what you think.

And you get a bonus point if you can name the movie I quoted.
IF YOU CAN READ THIS.....THANK A TEACHER!

#2 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:40 PM

It's "El Guapo", and it's the Three Amigos with Steve Martin, Martin Short and Chevy Chase.

But an item is worth what somebody will pay for it. Personally, I'd prefer a mag over an Ion any day of the week for a variety of reason. If I had the cash, I'd buy the Tac-One in a heart beat, unless I had a good line on an E-Tac.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#3 User is offline   Total_Eclipse PointRunner 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Paradox

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:52 PM

Really, it comes down to personal preference.

The Tac-one is going to be built solidly enough that you could drive over it on your way to the field and not have any problems, it is also a mech gun so you won't have to worry about batteries, or fret when it rains.

The Ion on the other hand will be, well a super light electro gun that has a ton of ways to customize it, it won't be as durable, but it will be lighter and have a different feel to shoot than the tac one, the main advantage here would be that you would be able to go Q-Loader right off if thats what you want.

As far as one shooting faster than the other, both guns are capable of all the ROF you'll need (or really be able to put out without ramping.)

Quietness is a moot point. Really. I promise. Especially between a 'Mag and an EPN gun. The noise will not matter.

I would go with the Tac-One personally, if for no other reason than I hate smart parts and what that company does to the industry. Plus I like 'Mags, so I'm biased.

If you can, the best thing to do would be to try to find some players that will let you shoot their markers at the field. If you're lucky they might let you play a game but I wouldn't hold my breath. Once you've handled both you can make the decision for yourself.

#4 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

View Postxrugger, on Apr 28 2008, 08:33 PM, said:

Ok I have read alot of stuff about a Tac one. My question is, is it really worth the $$$? For the price of just the Tac1 I can get a Q-loaded ion with 5 Qpods and loader, a T2W air-thru stock, a blackcell body, an L7 bolt, a red dot sight and a palmers Brass barrel. (Ok maybe not all of that but a majority of that list). In terms of performance is there really that much difference to warrent the tac one being close to three times the cost of the Ion. How much better can it really be? Will it shoot that much faster? Will it shoot that much quieter? In terms of upgradeability there is a plethara ("would you say that I have a plethara of presents? Yes El Wapo") of parts out there for the ion. I haven't seen much for the tac1 accept for what is on the adg website. I want a solid, quiet, reliable gun to play sniper with. I don't have a problem saving the $$ to buy the best but I don't want to spend all of that extra money if 19 out of 20 players couldn't tell the difference. Let me know what you think.

And you get a bonus point if you can name the movie I quoted.

That right there is a very good reason to go with the Tac-One. All any mag ever needs to stay in ideal working order is oil (pretty much).

I also agree with everything that Pointrunner said. The only thing that I would add to his list is that you never have to worry about batteries with a Tac-One. That's just one less thing that can mess up your day.
Also, some people actually prefer the Level-10 bolt over eyes. Where eyes may have trouble seeing certain paint shells and what not, a Level-10 is physically incapable of chopping a paintball.

This post has been edited by Silent-7: 28 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:56 PM

There's no mag upgrades because nobody can really beat AGD's quality. ANS, Hurricane labs, diamond labs, and others have all tried, and the result was always the same: "stick to the stock parts".

The Ion has a lot of upgrades because you get what you pay for. Buy a $160 marker, and you get a $160 marker. Smart Parts has yet to patent economic planning, so everyone still uses the same idea, don't sell a marker for less than what it costs you in materials, machining parts to certain tolerances, and assembling them with time and care B)

#6 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:46 AM

Well as an Ion q-bow user I can say that given the money I'd go for the tac. The Tac One is an amazing gun stock! you don't need any upgrades for it to be good. It will not break on you, it's easy to disassemble, reliable as I'll get out, they have a better rep than tippmann on reliablility (not sure if that counts anymore, though, tippmann in china), and SILENT!!!(with the right barrel, I've heard a tac one once that hurt my ears)

but when you get down to it, the ion is just an ion! nothing all that special, still a good marker, but still an ion! I believe that the only reason I got an ion instead of a classic mag is that, when I won my $200 bounty hunter gift certificate, they didn't sell automags at the field store. But now I have to stand up for my ion. It's fast, uber-quiet, I've not had a single problem with it, yet, that hasn't been my fault. I do not like the fact the triggers so sensitive, I friendly fragged my brother after he took me to a medic station and gave me back one of my q-pods! I didn't even have my finger on the trigger and I still shot him in the neck. if I could make the ion be mechanical and not have that sensitive trigger, I'd keep it.

#7 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:33 AM

I :heart: my Tac One!!!

I own a black cell ION and TAC ONE set up like a qbow.

I like 'em both, but use my TAC ONE more, because it's a lot more accurate.

I'm sure everyone else has made good points about Tac Ones, so I don't want to be redundant...
just wanted to say I own both and prefer my Tac One more.

My ION is fun and certain circumstances I'm glad I have it though.

:D

#8 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:03 AM

Tac-One..all the way. I own both markers and would opt to use the Tac-One over my Ion. Even in speedball. Put a ULT trigger kit in it if you're worrying about the ability to walk the trigger. My Tac is all stock except for the ULT. You honestly dont need to upgrade anything on it unless you feel the need to want to walk the trigger, hence the ULT. Ive had my Tac for about a year now and it out preforms all of my markers. Its never leaving my side.

#9 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:11 PM

View PostEnhander, on Apr 29 2008, 11:03 AM, said:

Tac-One..all the way. Ive had my Tac for about a year now and it out preforms all of my markers. Its never leaving my side.

EXACTLY!!! :(

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users