• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spring kit Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• it is better to watch something than to do something
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

I saw a topic that had spoken about spring kits..and instead of hijacking this other thread i guess ill start my own.. :|

What are the advantages/disadvantages to using a harder or softer spring than stock spring? whats it do?
:P

#2 User is offline   zlayer 7 

• Zlayer VII
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zlayer VII

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

If there is any thread that I can add my input on, it is this one. Recently, I replaced the sear and trigger springs that came with my gun originally with similar-length pen springs, which were slightly less resistant. The theory was good, in that it did take less force to fire the marker. In practice with gas attached, however, the concept proved less than effective. The gun was more-easily fired, but a good percentage of the time, the sear did NOT catch the bolt on its return. This caused an automatic-like effect that was not desired. Re-installed the stock springs to my 98, problem solved. You can try adding weaker springs to your marker yourself, but the results may not be as pleasing as you might have imagined.
Zlayer VII

The Dagger Creed: If you're not livin' on the edge, you're takin' up too much space!!!

#3 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

View Postzlayer 7, on Apr 20 2009, 06:16 PM, said:

If there is any thread that I can add my input on, it is this one. Recently, I replaced the sear and trigger springs that came with my gun originally with similar-length pen springs, which were slightly less resistant. The theory was good, in that it did take less force to fire the marker. In practice with gas attached, however, the concept proved less than effective. The gun was more-easily fired, but a good percentage of the time, the sear did NOT catch the bolt on its return. This caused an automatic-like effect that was not desired. Re-installed the stock springs to my 98, problem solved. You can try adding weaker springs to your marker yourself, but the results may not be as pleasing as you might have imagined.

If you must "buy" a spring buy the madman stainless kit and it will last the life of your marker

The "pen spring mod" only applies to the trigger retun spring, which will lighten the trigger pull significantly, do NOT replace the sear spring that must stay stock for it to work properly, if you try to compress the stock sear spring with your hand youll see why.
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:03 PM

Spring kits allow you to have better control over exactly how hard the hammer hits the valve - or how much air is used. The biggest advantage to using one is that you can gain a pretty significant increase in air efficiency. It also reduced the average wear and tear on the marker.

The stock velocity adjuster on Tippmann markers works by choking air flow out through the power tube. Its convenient, but it also wastes a fair amount of gas since raising/lowering your velocity has no impact on how much gas is used per shot.

Ideally you want to use the lightest spring possible that still allows you to shoot at the velocity you want to. Meanwhile you want to have your stock velocity adjuster as backed out as possible - you can still use it for fine adjustment. A Rear Velocity Adjuster works even better. Harder springs are usually reserved for markers that cannot reach their velocity, usually because of an inefficient barrel or HPA tank with a slightly low output pressure.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users