Special Ops Paintball: Introducing New People to Paintball - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Introducing New People to Paintball Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   foodawg 

• Some days a cynic, Some days a pessimist!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Foodawg

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:41 PM

Some of the guys at a vendor we use know I love paintball and that some of the guys at work all play together. So they challenged us to a game.

What was cool is that most of the people that played on both sides were new to paintball.

Since this isn't really about the type of game we played, I'll give a quick rundown on the game. They let me setup the game, and I don't really like speedball, especially for new people, so I contacted a local field and came up with a three flag capture the flag game. I didn't really know the rules for three-flag, so we made up our own. In short, Each team has two flags at their base. You had to capture one of the other teams flag and return it to your base. Then plant your second flag at the "objective" flag, which had been hidden by the refs. We respond dead players every 20 minutes so everyone would get a chance to play more.

The play we played and let us use two fields put together, which was two or three acres. There was enough trails and thick brush with plenty of places to hide, so you never knew when you were going to run into the other team.

We had about 12 people on each side and played it as a private game.

We ended up playing two rounds over about three hours and everyone was just dead tired by the end.

It was really neat to see people get really excited about their first "kill". By the end, we had a couple of women that just wanted to shoot somebody! I'm glad they were on my team!

We let people bring their kids, and one of them just got peppered. He had bruises all over him, but he loved it and now he's got some cool stories to tell his friends.

What was weird, was this game sort of became legendary in the community. We had to delay it a couple of times due to business needs, raining, and flooding in the area so the myth kind of grew. I went to an Academy sports store, and there was a couple of kids there talking about it like it was some big showdown between the companies and they had heard about it from a friend of a friend who's father told someone....yadda yadda...you know how stuff spreads.

Anyway - we have at least four new people hooked and they're planning on attending a big scenerio game in Red Rock, Texas. It's amazing how this stuff spreads.

Now if I can just get my wife to quit shooting wasp nests with my Tiberius TAC 8 (I'm not kidding) and come play one time, I think I can get her hooked too. B)

Edited for deleted words

This post has been edited by foodawg: 10 October 2007 - 01:59 PM

#2 User is offline   GHOSTRECON12 

• is an alaskin with night vision goggles
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GHOSTRECON12

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:45 PM

thats awesome man..paintball is such an addicting sport and its so fun..if only more people can realize this
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender--Winston Churchill

#3 User is offline   Bobbjoe 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bobbjoe

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:51 PM

props to you man. good work. :)

I Choose not to Conform to the Stereotypical Conformities that Stereotypical Conformative Society Conforms to.
What now?

#4 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:02 PM

best use of a tac 8 shoot wasp nest lol
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#5 User is offline   tubby ted 

• stick it to the man
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tubby ted

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:18 PM

nice job!!
ive been trying to get more and more of my freinds into paintball. The problem is that the only way that you can really get someone hooked is to take them, and I cant take everyone. I took a couple of my freinds and now there both thinking about getting guns.
"The speakers on the outside are a nice touch... soundtrack to the mayhem"-I.K.E
"Only someone too bloody stupid to tell the difference between a cat & a fish would ever join PETA anyway...." -The Stuntman
Music is like candy... You should always throw away the rappers
VIVA LA CHRISTMAS REVOLUTION!

#6 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:39 PM

Just be sure to overstress safety with new people. Make sure they know to never take off their masks until they are in a designated safe area, etc.

#7 User is offline   Buzz Killington 

• First you get the sugar
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Halfro

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:04 PM

in the town im from no one from our age group have anything to do so i have been showing everyone how fun paintball is, ive got about 8-12 new player i can tink of right now.

http://www.londonpaintball.com/ <--- great canadian paintball shop!

#8 User is offline   Hatchet 

• Certified Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hatchet88

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:21 PM

Posted Image

Just wanted you to know ;)
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

^I think I'll just leave it that way. It suits me.

#9 User is offline   Buzz Killington 

• First you get the sugar
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Halfro

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:08 PM

lol thats pretty good stuff.

http://www.londonpaintball.com/ <--- great canadian paintball shop!

#10 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:19 PM

hahaha hatchet, that is fricken funny. it took me a while to understand it but i finally got it and thats funny. you should let the new players get use to shooting somebody. like let the people that have never been shot shoot some older person that can take the pain so they see that it doesnt really hurt and they play harder. i know when i first started that i was kinda afraid to get hit but once i realized that it didnt hurt, i was a whole different story
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users