Special Ops Paintball: What do you do - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do you do Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

Poll: What do you do (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Ok your playing at your local woodsball feild.a capture the flag game 20 on 20 game and things turn for the worse and you just lost half you team with out the opfor ever taking a loss ,what do you do.

1. Call all your squad members back to the deffence. (20 votes [32.26%])

Percentage of vote: 32.26%

2. Try to push on and take thier flag. (19 votes [30.65%])

Percentage of vote: 30.65%

3. surrender. (2 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

4. Other (post) (21 votes [33.87%])

Percentage of vote: 33.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   andrew1987 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:beat box

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:02 PM

let me ask sun tzu and i will be right back (8:01pm)

under offensive strategy sun tzu says if equall matched, you need a good plan (strong side attack) if half his size be capable of withdrawing fall back and if it is a senrio game, run away until you have a better force with which to fight with

if its a rec game, send about 7 back to set up an ambush, leave 3 to shoot them in the back as they follow the players retreating

when all else fails, do a run through

This post has been edited by andrew1987: 04 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

#17 User is offline   platinum marksman 

• paintballer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:platinum marksman

Posted 12 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

^lol
Anyway, I say fall back and defend. Whittle down their numbers then push up the weak side. Nine times out of ten, when attacking a fortified position, the attacking side loses. It’s been shown throughout history. Simple, sweet, and effective...

Lead, and if necessary, use words.

#18 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• Nos Mos Nunquam Intereo
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Death Envoy

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

I don't know, to save my life, how you can lose men that fast. However, I would probably go 3 defense behind the flag, with best camouflage, and a 7 man team to push up one side and sweep across the field. If we started to do well (affirmed that have evened out the odds or better) I would send my 2 most skilled players up a side of the field until they got behind the flag, go directly behind it, and rush it home.

#19 User is offline   dylan.735 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Captain.Dylan

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:39 PM

Depending if more of the opfor are attacking or defending i'd send a 6/4 force to attack or defend.

#20 User is offline   pblvr22574 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:roo52

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:16 AM

regroup and do a strong side with 5 on strong 2 on weak with an ambush sniper to cover thier tails and 2 on D
i have no sig cuz im cool like that

#21 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:42 PM

Send 2 two man teams up both sides at the same time. 6 stay back for defense. Defensive ration is like 3:1 in favor of the defense. 6 by 3 is 24. Even if they attacked full force we have statisticaly better odds.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#22 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

damn the torpedos, boys ... full speed ahead !!!

i have never seen the significance of staying back to "guard the flag" .... that duty is left to noobs and / or scared little boys.

the whole idea of this game is to strategize to take THEIR flag ... after all, its called capture the flag, not defend the flag. even if they grab yours, they still have to move it back to their base right ? so they have to move through you again anyway. don't fall back, push forward, reflank if necessary, or push through the middle.... i have always found that most ballers in woodsball like to flank, so most times the middle is left open or at least it is the least guarded. make a push up the middle drawing some fire from the flanks to give your depleted flanks an opportunity to pick off thiers as they give up their positions to get you as you move up through the middle

#23 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mercy

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

Said I lost half my units? Probably means I'm somewhere near the middle of the field. In that case I would take my snipers off defense and send them to the mid field boundary lines with the orders not to engage unless found.

Then I'd make a diversion for them with a hard-fought fighting retreat.

Once, the OpFors' main group has passed the Snipers, I'd radio them to head for the enemy base and give me a sit rep on the enemies' defenses.

Everyone else would fall back on Defense to eliminate the large opfor threat (hopefully the opfor will be a little overconfident and sned most of their players), 8 on D should be able to handle 20 attackers (not that they'd be that stupid as to send everyone).

After the offensive was put down I would rally almost all my men and "strong side" the OpFor's flag based on the info that my Snipers have radioed back to me. Hopefully I will have enough time to get the flag back to my own base.

View PostKnight Hiro, on Aug 31 2008, 10:01 AM, said:

ok so i assume that the attackers are allready out in the field. its now two to one what you wanna do is stage a fighting retreat. Making the attackers pay for every inch they gain. make sure to keep an accurate count. And as you probably fell into an ambush (thats why you just lost half your guys) the other team is going to try to finish you off quickly. If you have some snipers left (gillie suit type) get them out of the nitty gritty retreat and into some ambush positions. You wont havemjuch time to do this so make sure your attackers are mobile (should have been done before game begain) In the confusion it might even be possible to sneak a guy behind their lines while retreating. Once back at the base. fortify the side they are coming from. thin their ranks. if you were able to sneak that guy around have him let them have it from behind. Once youve taken a significant number of them out, go on offense, attack their base ands whats left of their defense from at least two sides and get the flag.

I agree. That's pretty close to what I said :D
Jeremiah 29:11 "His promises fulfilled"

#24 User is offline   dylan.735 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Captain.Dylan

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:05 AM

OK,
Personaly i would have 5 players on defense and i would send out a 3 man harasment force and a 2 man hrasment force on either flank to even the odds

(Oh yeah,and i would go nuts that i let half my team get taken down)

#25 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

My opinion is that if your down to half the team, had a quarter of that remaining half guard the flag wile you take the rest and preform a series of hit and runs on the OPFOR team
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users