Special Ops Paintball: Commander Conversation thread v2 - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Commander Conversation thread v2 Commanders talk about Commander stuff Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ace-014

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

Ok the last one was closed due to us pretty much using it like a Lounge. So this time just talk about Commanders stuff like whats going on in our teams, upcoming events, tactics, equipment or other related stuff.

Speaking of such things, I've been wondering what the best way for taking on Ghost flankers would be. Not snipers.
Official SpecOps FC

#2 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheHurricane

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:06 PM

yeah... sorry bout that. i didnt relise it was only for tactics and such i thought whatever ment whatever. anywho, check out my teams website just did tons of remodeling and im only half way done let me know on our progress. also whats your teams schedules?
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

#3 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:28 PM

View PostHurricane, on Mar 21 2008, 01:06 PM, said:

yeah... sorry bout that. i didnt relise it was only for tactics and such i thought whatever ment whatever. anywho, check out my teams website just did tons of remodeling and im only half way done let me know on our progress. also whats your teams schedules?

It looks pretty good. It'll be pretty cool when it's done.

As far as tactics go though, does anyone have any tips for commanding at an SPPL event?

#4 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:32 PM

View PostHurricane, on Mar 21 2008, 10:06 AM, said:

it's ok, I didn't really use it for tactics either.

by the way your sight looks good.

So as I was saying about the best way to take down a ghost flanker.
Official SpecOps FC

#5 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:47 PM

well ive never really come up against one but if i did i would try to spook him out to shooting, spread my men out and listen for the shot he takes. but i would guess a well rounded GF would have a team ready to back him up when the poop hit the fan. only a suggestion.

-Hurricane

This post has been edited by Hurricane: 21 March 2008 - 01:49 PM

Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

#6 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:40 PM

View PostHurricane, on Mar 21 2008, 11:47 AM, said:

well ive never really come up against one but if i did i would try to spook him out to shooting, spread my men out and listen for the shot he takes. but i would guess a well rounded GF would have a team ready to back him up when the poop hit the fan. only a suggestion.

-Hurricane

Well the tactic I tried is once you figure out the area where he is you corner him into a spot and umm hope for the best. Thats kind of why I wanted to know because i've been up against a very experienced Ghost Flanker.
Official SpecOps FC

#7 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:53 PM

The real danger of the ghost flanker is that he takes you unaware flanking you by surprise while you engage the squad he is shadowing. So your first step to countering him is to avoid getting tunnel vision. Keep your head on a swivel and watch. Sometimes opposing players will glance at their ghost. Sometimes you as the commander must be the one who counters the ghost as you aren't nessisarily in the heat of the action and should be smart enough to be watching. Ask yourself what you would do if you were a ghost sniper attached to the squad across from you and counter that first. Not to insult Daggers but I am very critical of their tendency toward moving faster than their brains. Your own flankers need to make their flanking moves while being aware of a possible ghost flanker. This may slow them down a bit but when faced with the other possibility.

This is what the ghost flanker wants to do to you. He wants to float outside his squad. Close enough to support far enough that he is out of sight. He is probably not even with the main body of the squad, just a little behind. Your squad and his meet and trade fire he moves to a position where he can ambush your Dagger flankers as they attempt the basic flanking manuveres. After he wastes your flankers he moves stealthily to a position 180 degrees from his squad. He is now looking for the head of the snake, thats you commander. After your gone he systimaticaly wastes your team who are tied up in fire fights with his squad.

Break that down and you can counter him. Be aware. Vary your flankers approaches. Think.

Oh and Hurricane to answer your question from the end of the last thread the Northern California, Northern Nevada state line.

This post has been edited by prophet_subgenius: 21 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#8 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:56 PM

Thanks Prophet that gives me some ideas.

So who's goin to Oklahoma D-Day? I was goin to but you can't bring electric full-auto guns (plus I've been wanting a new gun) so I bought an A-5 with a response trigger and basicaly used the rest of my money. So I will go next year and I'll be fully prepared.

but speaking of that who has some ideas on tacticswhen commanding large teams of 30 or more? (besides strong sides)
Official SpecOps FC

#9 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:01 PM

View PostAce-014, on Mar 22 2008, 09:56 PM, said:

Thanks Prophet that gives me some ideas.

So who's goin to Oklahoma D-Day? I was goin to but you can't bring electric full-auto guns (plus I've been wanting a new gun) so I bought an A-5 with a response trigger and basicaly used the rest of my money. So I will go next year and I'll be fully prepared.

but speaking of that who has some ideas on tacticswhen commanding large teams of 30 or more? (besides strong sides)

how much is it to play at D-Day? i hope to make it there next year also.
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:

#10 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:50 AM

Its not the cost of the game, Its the cost getting there. I can play two scenarios this summer for what the travel cost will be for me to go to D-Day.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#11 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:11 AM

getting there isn't a problem for me i have family in lower Missouri its just about a 4 hour drive from Point A - Point B but since its a huge event does to cost more to play? just curious i hear its amazing time, i can't wait to be there next year.
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:

#12 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:08 AM

Actually I hear that it costs less.

#13 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:15 AM

View Postprophet_subgenius, on Mar 24 2008, 11:08 AM, said:

thats probily because there are like thousands of people there. do you have any clue how big the field is?
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:

#14 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:01 PM

View PostHurricane, on Mar 24 2008, 06:15 AM, said:

thats probily because there are like thousands of people there. do you have any clue how big the field is?

it's 75$ I think, plus 60$-70$ for paint, 5$ for camping (if you want to camp) and money for the gas to get there.
So in the end it'll probably end up being more than 200 dollars.

So ya like I was sayin, anybody know good tactics for large teams?
Official SpecOps FC

#15 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:29 PM

View PostAce-014, on Mar 24 2008, 03:01 PM, said:

View PostHurricane, on Mar 24 2008, 06:15 AM, said:

it's 75$ I think, plus 60$-70$ for paint, 5$ for camping (if you want to camp) and money for the gas to get there.
So in the end it'll probably end up being more than 200 dollars.

So ya like I was sayin, anybody know good tactics for large teams?

i don't know much about commanding large teams but i know lot of about teaching large martial arts classes. if the class exceeds 40 people we break the team into groups and you take the best qualified or the student who knows the material well and let them lead a group of 10 or so. maybe you could apply the same to a large group of men, divide it into smaller groups leading with a SCO and have them check into you. so its a team broken into groups say, alpha, bravo, charlie, etc. only a suggestion.

- Hurricane
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users