Special Ops Paintball: first strike and airsoft sniper question - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

first strike and airsoft sniper question Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FutureSteve 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

Hello forum friends,

I have a few questions that you guys can help me with. Just how accurate is a good airsoft sniper rifle shooting a heavy pellet and at what range is it still accurate? I'm trying to find a long range option for a no hopper or feed neck hand load game. I'm guessing that the first strike is better but who knows maybe airsoft sniper rifles are good a hitting targets.
Other question is when i take my feed neck off my 98 custom i can hand load one in at a time and it works great. Is a first strike round to big to hand load in that way? and if they are is there a way to make the chamber bigger by digging it out or something. I saw that the new tracer can hand load first strike rounds and has a feed chamber that looks like the outline of a first strike round.
it would be nice to not have to purchase a tracer for this and just mod my 98 custom.

Thanks as usual,

Steve

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

I don't how many airsofters we have here so it could be a bit of a wait for an answer.

Just curious though... why would you need an airsoft gun for paintball? I don't think a pay field would allow that kind of mix. As for an outlaw field.... that would depend on the others playing with/against you.

First strike rounds fit in the chamber of almost any marker. Some will let you load through the feed neck, most need to have the barrel removed though. A little bit of work and PVC pipe you should be able to make a short stick feed for the FS rounds.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   FutureSteve 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

View PostPuzuma, on 30 June 2011 - 06:36 PM, said:

I don't how many airsofters we have here so it could be a bit of a wait for an answer.

Just curious though... why would you need an airsoft gun for paintball? I don't think a pay field would allow that kind of mix. As for an outlaw field.... that would depend on the others playing with/against you.

First strike rounds fit in the chamber of almost any marker. Some will let you load through the feed neck, most need to have the barrel removed though. A little bit of work and PVC pipe you should be able to make a short stick feed for the FS rounds.

Yeah I might need to register for some dumb airsoft forum. Doing a private game on my land 5 on 5 fallout scenerio paintballs are plasma weapons that kill with one shot and airsoft weapons need several bursts that obviously his someone to kill. with boffer weapons and shields.

#4 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:19 AM

I've seen a modified Carver One & a Pro Carbine, both allowed hand fed FS rounds - the 98 shouldn't be any different. The opening will just need to be cut & filed to the right shape, just like the breech on the Tracer.

Good luck w/ the project if you choose to do it... update us w/ pics on your progress!
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#5 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:47 AM

#6 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:10 PM

I hope its not too late to answer your question. Usually the best airsoft rifles out there are from a brand named "Systema" or better called "The airsoft ferrari" since they are high end guns that are primarily used for law enforcement and military training. A systema rifle usually goes from 800 up to 2 grand and their performance is noticeably effective compared to other airsoft guns. With these you would probably get a solid 500fps velocity up to a 100yd effective range. If you want something much cheaper I have a king arms M4 airsoft rifle and I love it, great quality and it was just 300 bucks, an average rifle like mine would give you around 300-400fps and an effective range of 70-80ft, also sniper styled rifles could give you a bit firther effectiveness and higher speed but the differences are not that huge unless you go from a crappy plastic M4 to a high end rifle. I recommend you to check this site if you are looking for airsoft guns, also airsoftgi.com has some good deals and you could find anything from 30 bucks to 2000 dollars.

Hope this helps.

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users