• You cannot reply to this topic

Wha happened to my hand?

#1 User is offline   nightmare12369 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Nightmare12369

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:44 PM

I was playing paintball in the freezing rain today, Long Island NY, and was fine for 2 hours. Then I went back to the car to get more paint, took off my left glove, and my hand was dark pink, light purple along most of the palm. What happened to it, and what can I do to prevent it?

#2 User is offline   Wimpy 

• I make stuff up... don't listen.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wimpy

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:46 PM

Maybe a burn from the co2... or just the freezing rain? Not sure... what's it look like now? What did it feel like?

#3 User is offline   nightmare12369 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:50 PM

Now it still is slightly light purple/dark pink, and darker then the rest of my hand. At the time it just felt cold, and i couldnt feel that much with it. The other hand was fine, and I use my left hand for holding the grip on my A5.

#4 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

Some gloves leach out dye and can stain your hands. How cold was it outside? Might even be the beginning of frostbite, but it's odd because it would most likely start at the finger tips first.

This post has been edited by Jackson: 30 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

#5 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:53 PM

dye from the inside of the glove? maybe you somehow pinched a blood vessel and the circulation was bad?

#6 User is offline   nightmare12369 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:56 PM

View PostJackson, on Nov 30 2008, 07:51 PM, said:

Some gloves leach out dye and can stain your hands. How cold was it outside? Might even be the beginning of frostbite, but it's odd because it would most likely start at the finger tips first.

It was a high of 40 today without counting the rain.

#7 User is offline   nightmare12369 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:01 PM

View Post-SMITTY-, on Nov 30 2008, 07:53 PM, said:

dye from the inside of the glove? maybe you somehow pinched a blood vessel and the circulation was bad?

I didnt use that heavy of a glove, and only half of the hand looked that bad so I dont know about the circulation. Also I have used these gloves for over a year in all type of conditions so I dont think that it would be dye.

#8 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

It's cancer. Death will happen. :dodgy:

If it was freezing rain it may have been from the cold. Which isn't good. But it could always have been dye from the glove. Is there any loss in feeling or anything?

#9 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

a bunch of paintball gloves do that..just dont wear any
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Zzaque 

• Voce nao pode ser serio!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zzaque

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

I say you try this test to find out if it was the dye:

1. Boil some rubber.
2. Dip your hands in the boiling rubber.
3. Allow the rubber to cool and dry, then place your hands in those same gloves and play in the same weather/temperature.

If the rubber is the purply color then it is the dye. If your hands change color again then it is related to the cold/wet/something else factor.

Okay, sarcasm aside, it doesn't sound like full out frostbite to me (unless you are holding out some information) I take it your hands are nice and toasty now which typically means that "near frostbite" symptoms would have disappeared. (I have had it on my feet so I know, somewhat, how that all goes) If it was temperature or moisture related only then it would stand to reason that your other hand would have the same discoloration. So I would rule out either of those as being the main culprit. As to what it actually is. . . you have me stumped. If you had a picture to show us it might help. As far as the dye idea goes, I wouldn't ocmpletely rule it out. It is possible that the left glove touched something recently that just stayed concealed on the surface and the moisture allowed that to leach through onto your hand. I have that happen all the time (that's what I get for leaving my gloves where my kids can reach them.)

Seriously, I would put a sock over your hand and stick it in the glove and dip it all in water for a bit. That would let you know if it is dye related at all. Good luck. I hope it isn't anything serious.
"So, I can't find any Vitamin B-12 pills . . . can't I just give him 2 Vitamin B-6's?"
-A Confused Nurse-

#11 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:26 PM

my buddie has a thing with his hands that when it gets cold outside his hands turn a small shade of purple. ( not, hardcore purple, just faintly purple)
Then again he is quite tall so.....

Anywho's.
Cold tempurature,
Rain
Playing paintball
Increased breathing and heart rates.
Cold skin with warm blood...

Yea it could be just the temp, remember that blood is purple/Blue when not exposed to oxygen, so all the viens that carry blood back to your heart have a blue/purple colour to them, and all you viens are near the surface of your skin.

( On a side note, The blood you SEE when you cut your vien looks red because it is exposed to oxygen. If you were to bleed in space your blood would be purple!)

#12 User is offline   bravo316 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bravo316

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:04 AM

Hey all,

A few questions for you...Did you lose any sensation or develop any numbness or tingling in your finger tips? Have you ever had this problem before? If you answer no to the first question it really sounds like dye from your gloves. Are they black? I have had similar thing happen to my feet from black socks. Again, if it persists i would see a doctor, especially if it is painful or your fingers continue to be numb. It is very hard to make a diagnosis from the internet but just be aware of the concerning symptoms. As I stated above, loss of sensation or intense pain. As far as frostbite goes that starts at the finger tips. This is because of 2 fold. One your body compensates for the cooling of your core temperature by constricting the vessels to your extremities. This makes your fingers and toes more sensetive to the cold exposure and the damage it can cause. If it remains to be a problem i would see your doctor as I directed above. Good luck and I hope all is fine.

B

#13 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:11 AM

We need pics or more details...
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   nightmare12369 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:19 PM

View Postbravo316, on Dec 5 2008, 05:04 AM, said:

Hey all,

A few questions for you...Did you lose any sensation or develop any numbness or tingling in your finger tips? Have you ever had this problem before? If you answer no to the first question it really sounds like dye from your gloves. Are they black? I have had similar thing happen to my feet from black socks. Again, if it persists i would see a doctor, especially if it is painful or your fingers continue to be numb. It is very hard to make a diagnosis from the internet but just be aware of the concerning symptoms. As I stated above, loss of sensation or intense pain. As far as frostbite goes that starts at the finger tips. This is because of 2 fold. One your body compensates for the cooling of your core temperature by constricting the vessels to your extremities. This makes your fingers and toes more sensetive to the cold exposure and the damage it can cause. If it remains to be a problem i would see your doctor as I directed above. Good luck and I hope all is fine.

B

sorry, completely forgot about the thread. I didn't feel anything in my entire hand until I got back to the car, when it felt supercold. Never had this problem before and yes the gloves were black. I went out again with different gloves and didnt have any problems. Thanks for all the help.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users