Tippmann A-5 questions simple as reading title Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BRoADSWoRD_KinG 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BRoADSWoRD_KinG

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:41 PM

ok, first

1. if i upgrade an A-5 to broadsword spec, how much would the A-5 A-2 kit cost? air thru-stock

2. And if i did the mods myself, could i send it back to spec ops for a duracoat finish?

3. Which hopper? APP 450 rd hopper? or the jumbo 330 rd hopper?

could i get some second opinions?

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:57 PM

You might find more help in the actual Broadsword section.

Anyways, here goes:
1) It depends on exactly what you want on your A-5 but generally speaking its: $30 for the foregrip, $100 for a flatline barrel, and around $90-$140 for an air-through stock depending on the exact one you want. If you really feel like laying down the paint you can get an e-grip for another $100. Total comes to around $350 give or take some.

2) To my knowledge yes you can, you can also do it yourself or have some other place do it for you. There might be a local shop close to where you live capable of doing such a task.

3) Depends on how much you shoot and how much you want to carry on your marker. If your paranoid of reloading you can go for a larger hopper. Play with what you have before you decide. Yourself is the best judge on this one.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 Guest_bumpnrunone_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:50 PM

as far as being a broadsword with it youll really need an e-grip or at least a response trigger. you will also need the cyclone upgrades. the stock wont be cheap and the shorty grip is cheap

specops shorty grip $30
air thru stock $95-$150
hopper $19
e-grip(was board) $100 you need the grip thats compatinle with the e-grip
e-grip(ape board) $150 you need the grip thats compatable with the e-grip
response trigger $60
cyclone upgrades $90 from specops

total $499

This post has been edited by bumpnrunone: 10 November 2007 - 06:50 AM

#4 User is offline   deltaboy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta-022

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:13 PM

Don't go by the Special Ops positions. And you need to consider a remote ($40) and a place to put your tank ($15-300).
Sabre #166

#5 User is offline   Traakon 

• I came I saw, I ...wait...what was the question?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Traakon

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:48 PM

in a nut, a fully rigged A5A2 in a basic duracoat camo paint job will set you back right around 550.00 including the A-5.

Yes, you can assemble the kit yourself, its not that involved if you have a rotary tool and have some basic skill in operating it. The process would entail getting the marker and kit, making the mods required, assemble it and assure everything is right and functioning, disassembling it again sending it to Spec Ops for paint, reassembling it when it returns and again testing it for full function.

I prefer to run with the stock hopper and carry the extra paint. Nothing makes more noise than 100 paintballs rolling about in a 450 rd hopper.

Hope this helped.
Death is just a passage...so bring more paint!!!

#6 Guest_bumpnrunone_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:56 PM

as far as the noise in the hopper, you can always take apart the hopper and pad the inner lining to stop or at least muffle any noise

#7 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2007 - 08:36 PM

well i just got an e-grip and shot my hopper clean in about 10 seconds. it was awesome. if you were to get just a normal e-grip from the forum, that would be good because its still good just used slightly
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users