Special Ops Paintball: What would happen - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What would happen if I put two 9v's together.... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tots 

  • Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 782
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crappachuessetts!
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:29 PM

In the midst of cleaning my paintball gear and throwing a new 9v in my gun, I realized something, and had a pretty weird question, I guess. So what would happen if you put two 9v's together, anyone know? I just had an epiphany, and realized that they are able to fit in to each other, but I'm too scared to try it. So my questions are as follows.

What will happen?

Is it dangerous?

Will they blow up?

Why am I asking this?

Why didn't I realize I could put them together in the first place?

Should I try it?

Will I get electrocuted?

If this counts as a dangerous thing mods, just tell me or delete the thread, but please don't warn/ban me! I was just wondering what would happen, if anything at all, and didn't know if it was forum legal or not.

HALP!
0

#2 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

  • Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,237
  • Joined: 10-May 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Whitehorse, Yukon
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:31 PM

They'd get hot and melt. That's it. Same as any other short-circuit.
0

#3 User is offline   Tots 

  • Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 782
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crappachuessetts!
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:34 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Nov 6 2007, 10:31 PM, said:

They'd get hot and melt. That's it. Same as any other short-circuit.


So then, I'm assuming it would be dangerous to try it?
0

#4 User is offline   O'C 

  • Machineguns!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,424
  • Joined: 29-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:29 Palms CA
  • Brigade Name:O'C

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:34 PM

I was actually doing this not too long ago. But I was doing subconciously so I didnt really know what I was doing... but all of a sudden the batteries started heating up like 100+ degrees. So I took them apart and set them outside on the concrete. After a few hours I through them away. I dont reccomend it at all. lol.
I was actually doing the same thing you were... switching out my 9v out of E-grip. lol.

This post has been edited by O'C: 06 November 2007 - 08:34 PM

0

#5 User is offline   Matt 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,560
  • Joined: 15-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SoCal

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:34 PM

just put the 2 together for a few seconds and you will feel it get hot. leave them together too long and they will get VERY hot.
0

#6 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

  • Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,502
  • Joined: 10-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:34 PM

If you only have them together until they get warm you have a nice pair of hand warmers. However unless you know what you are doing I do not recommend this.

Also some brands might explode. I have not tested this and I do not intend to. That is one I do not recommend to test due to safety.
0

#7 User is offline   Tots 

  • Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 782
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crappachuessetts!
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:36 PM

View PostMatt, on Nov 6 2007, 10:34 PM, said:

just put the 2 together for a few seconds and you will feel it get hot. leave them together too long and they will get VERY hot.


So will they just melt? I was thinking/hoping of some sort of more erratic reaction.

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Nov 6 2007, 10:34 PM, said:

If you only have them together until they get warm you have a nice pair of hand warmers. However unless you know what you are doing I do not recommend this.

Also some brands might explode. I have not tested this and I do not intend to. That is one I do not recommend to test due to safety.



Lol, not doing it now.
0

#8 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

  • Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,237
  • Joined: 10-May 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Whitehorse, Yukon
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

View PostTots, on Nov 6 2007, 08:34 PM, said:

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Nov 6 2007, 10:31 PM, said:

They'd get hot and melt. That's it. Same as any other short-circuit.


So then, I'm assuming it would be dangerous to try it?


No, not really. Unless you plan to lick them or something while they're together.
0

#9 User is offline   Tots 

  • Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 782
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crappachuessetts!
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:45 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Nov 6 2007, 10:38 PM, said:

View PostTots, on Nov 6 2007, 08:34 PM, said:

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Nov 6 2007, 10:31 PM, said:

They'd get hot and melt. That's it. Same as any other short-circuit.


So then, I'm assuming it would be dangerous to try it?


No, not really. Unless you plan to lick them or something while they're together.


And I mean, who would do that, right? :(


:dodgy:


So it would cause a short circuit?
0

#10 User is offline   WardenWolf 

  • Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,553
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:48 PM

Not really dependent on brand, but whether it explodes or not varies from battery to battery. There's a pretty darn good chance of it, not to mention severe burns. These things heat up FAST. The entire energy of the battery is being converted directly to heat, as quickly as possible. And those things store a LOT of potential energy.

Here's a little suggestion, from someone whose father is an electrician and grandfather was an electrical engineer: DON'T DO IT.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 06 November 2007 - 08:49 PM


Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!
0

#11 User is offline   Tots 

  • Yup, thats me ^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 782
  • Joined: 01-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crappachuessetts!
  • Brigade Name:whitefox2474

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:51 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Nov 6 2007, 10:48 PM, said:

Not really dependent on brand, but whether it explodes or not varies from battery to battery. There's a pretty darn good chance of it, not to mention severe burns. These things heat up FAST. The entire energy of the battery is being converted directly to heat, as quickly as possible. And those things store a LOT of potential energy.

Here's a little suggestion, from someone whose father is an electrician and grandfather was an electrical engineer: DON'T DO IT.


Straight from the source then, I'm not doin it.
0

#12 User is offline   little_ben 

  • Cowards die many times before their death
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,316
  • Joined: 20-October 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:decatur, illinois
  • Brigade Name:little_ben

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

i think im gonna do this and throw them in my backyard and see what happens.
0

#13 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:54 PM

View PostTots, on Nov 6 2007, 08:36 PM, said:

View PostMatt, on Nov 6 2007, 10:34 PM, said:

just put the 2 together for a few seconds and you will feel it get hot. leave them together too long and they will get VERY hot.


So will they just melt? I was thinking/hoping of some sort of more erratic reaction.

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Nov 6 2007, 10:34 PM, said:

If you only have them together until they get warm you have a nice pair of hand warmers. However unless you know what you are doing I do not recommend this.

Also some brands might explode. I have not tested this and I do not intend to. That is one I do not recommend to test due to safety.



Lol, not doing it now.



Wimp. :)
0

#14 Guest_TM SNPR_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:58 PM

.... :mellow:
0

#15 User is offline   Stang  

  • Invictus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 767
  • Joined: 11-November 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wherever They Want Me

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:05 PM

They actually make nice hand warmers. Just make sure to take them apart.
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users