Special Ops Paintball: Ion pressures, tanks, regs, whatever - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion pressures, tanks, regs, whatever

#1 User is offline   Ieo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ieo

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:24 PM

I'm not much of a tourney marker kind of guy. all i use are tippmans and spyders. i was looking into the sp ion and i was wondering what the heck i need. i dont think the ion would run well on c02, and i have no idea how air systems work. i know the stock reg on the ion sucks, and i figured i would get a CP grip reg cause they are cheap. but what the heck kind of tank do i get?!?! they have 68ci,92ci,47ci, 4500's, 3000's, 5000's, and all other sorts! is it a high pressure gun or low, and what does that mean anyways?! i want at least a 68ci cause i want volume for air, but what pressure? 3000? 4500? are those numbers even what determines pressure? i'm confused! need help! the best thing you could do is to tell me what to get tank and regulator wise, and i'll figure it out from there. also, please explain these high&low pressure things and maybe some compressed air system basics.

#2 Guest_Saxon_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:32 AM

Tanks go like this the ci stands for cubic inches and psi stands for pounds per square inch. So when it says 68ci 4500psi it means it is 68 cubic inches of volume of air it can hold. When it says 4500psi it means for every square inch it is under 4500 pounds per square inch. Not to hard to under stand. I would get a 69ci 4500psi tank and a CP inline
Hope this has helped.
Most likely has not since it is me telling you this <_<

#3 User is offline   xDM5x 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:35 AM

I would get a high pressure tank because most guns out there except for the touchy angels which were designed to take lp. There is no difference in performance between a low or high pressure tank or gun. Both lp and hp when used on the marker will yield no differences in performance, which is a common mistake.

As for sizes of compressed air you have two measurments, cubic inches which comes first and psi which comes second. Common tank sizes in ci are 45, 68, 70, 92. These all vary for different positions, a 68 is about the size of a 20oz c02 but a little fatter. 45 ci tanks are small and quite light and are meant for front men and if you shoot a ton of paint then 92 is the way to go. Here it is mostly preferance.

As for the second measurment of an hpa tank, psi, there are three different types. 3000, 4500, and 5000. Only one tank takes 5000 at the moment, and that is the evil scion, few places fill them and they are expensive so don't worry about em. The higher the psi in your tank the more shots you get for the tank. 3000psi tanks are limited to being steel tanks, which are extremly heavy and don't hold alot of shots. 4500psi tanks are always carbon fiber tanks and are much much lighter than steel and hold alot more shots. Some 3000psi tanks are carbon fiber but there aren't many. personally I wpuld getn the carbon fiber tank just because it is lighter and more comfortable imo.

and as for the new reg, yes I heard they suck too and everyone tells me that the cp reg is good so I would look into buying one of them.

#4 User is offline   Ieo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ieo

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:14 PM

thanks for the help. i talked to a friend and i have it all figured out now. i guess it wasn't that complicated after all.

#5 User is offline   ottoman98 

• The Sultan
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sovietsniper

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:08 PM

The stock reg isnt that bad, ive heard that some people have had drop off problems, but i didnt, and you should get a highouput tank, unless you can find a low output crossfire. (which i doubt.)

#6 Guest_Saxon_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:26 PM

ottoman98, on Jun 20 2005, 01:08 PM, said:

The stock reg isnt that bad, ive heard that some people have had drop off problems, but i didnt, and you should get a highouput tank, unless you can find a low output crossfire. (which i doubt.)

Stock reg is good for drop off, but as for keeping the pressure at all times it is not great for. Plus when you over haul them the parts in them are cheap. So it wears out really fast. I would get a new one in a few months

#7 User is offline   Led Zeppelin 

• Now own a EGO 06
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Led Zeppelin

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:13 AM

If you want to run Co2 you have to make the tank anti-Syphin that costs like 25$

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users