Special Ops Paintball: I built a working paintball bomb!! - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I built a working paintball bomb!! Ok Two actually. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ronin055 

• Shootin' an' Scootin'
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ronin055

Post icon  Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:29 AM

Well were putting on a scenario up here in Nevada, and I had a sudden need. I needed to be able to assign some people to "blow up" a target. I needed them to set a charge, and guard the objective untill it "blew".

After looking at a friends projects I decided that I needed a pressurized air device that would send a "charge" of powder into the air to simulate an explosion.

So, some 1 and 1/2 sch40 pvc and a sprinkler valve, some kitchen timers and a project box later, TA DA !! a bomb !

The parts were the hardes thing about the project. When your trying to keep cost down, its so hard to find what your looking for.

PVC I was able to get at Lowes and or Home Depot.

Sprinkler Valve, Orbit 3/4 at lowes for 11.99 and Home depot for 10.95.

Tire Valve Stem. GOSH this was HARD to find. I finally found one that was all metal, with a rubber bottom and a lock nut to put it together. Pep-Boys for 5.99 for 2.

Project Box. Radio Shack, like 3.95 I think.

Timer. I looked and looked, and looked some more. I thought like 2.00 bucks. No those stinkin things are like 8.00 everywhere. And most places have digital instead of analog. Finally I found one at Big-Lots for like 8.00 with TWO timers in it. Some dremal and belt sander work and I had JUST the Timers to use. So 4.00 each.

9 volt battery harnes, 5 pack 2.99 Radio Shack. I use two 9 volt batteries per bomb.

Dead man switch, 2.99 Radio Shack.

Hose clamps, 1.30 ea, home depot.

Metal band to fasten hose clamps to project box, .75 each Home Depot.

And now, it will hold up to 120 psi and deploy a cloud of cooking flower about 12 feet in the air.

Here are the Pics

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Ronin055: 09 October 2007 - 09:33 AM

Keven Cecil

Reno Pursuit Gamers Check out our Site for Northern Nevada paintball Games.

"Gun... Sword, we all die the same." Toshiro Mifune in Red Sun with Charles Bronson.

#2 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:31 AM

That is awesome man. ;)

This post has been edited by TippyFreak: 09 October 2007 - 09:35 AM

Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Ronin055 

• Shootin' an' Scootin'
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:34 AM

pic was to big at first. then I had to cut them down and edit.

There ya go !!!

Feed Back is welcome !
Keven Cecil

"Gun... Sword, we all die the same." Toshiro Mifune in Red Sun with Charles Bronson.

#4 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:53 AM

As a cautionary reminder: DO NOT leave projects like this laying around. Make sure your neighbors know you have made PROPS for paintball.

There was an incident a few years ago where a paintball was arrested after a neighbor or a painter saw some "pipe bombs" in the garage.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#5 User is offline   Ronin055 

• Shootin' an' Scootin'
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:00 AM

Yea I was assembling the final parts this morning, and I had to remind my kids 4 and 6 that they were NOT to go to school and tell their mates that Daddy was building bombs this morning. LoL

I have a friend on the local SWAT team though, so Im pretty safe. Not compleatly, cause stupid can really sneak up on you, but pretty safe.

and if I were approached, I would simply indicate that they were props and tell the police that they were welcome to check them out. No problem. Full co-operation and disclosure is not an issue for me really.

OH, and ALL my neighbors know I play Paintball, so they are used to seeing me decked out in camo with a bunch of camo kids in tow loading the van with military looking goodies and heading off to the field.

This post has been edited by Ronin055: 09 October 2007 - 10:01 AM

Keven Cecil

#6 User is offline   grumpy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gadgit

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:17 AM

very nice, looks alot like a design i use for tripmines. i recomend one of these for easier reloading on the field.
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?categor...%3A%20Inflators
Book of Armaments (Chapter 2, verses 9-21)
...And Saint Attila raised the sprinkler valve up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy sprinkler valve that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou remove thy solenoid and epoxy the pilot hole, then remove the guide rod, then thread your pilot valve directly to the body of thy sprinkler, lest thou increase thy pilot volume by a single iota, then lobbest thou thy nerfs towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall procedeth to the gates of reinsertion."

#7 User is offline   Ronin055 

• Shootin' an' Scootin'
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:55 AM

That would work, however I want to keep an eye on the pressure. And then I would have to put in a pressure guage. This way I use my bike pump from Wal-Mart that has the guage built into it. So I pressurize to 120 and pop the valve, it usually drops to about 100 or so. But in any event it still throws the powder. And these low pressures arent enough to hurt the valve. I want to pressurize it on Saturday and let each team have one. Then they can take em out and deploy as needed. kinda a one use thing in this scenario.

Maybe in the future I'll build one with a guage in it, and use that tool to refill them and make them multi use.

And hey, if you like this, wait till you see my claymore design. :dodgy:
Keven Cecil

#8 User is offline   mrwaterbuffalo 

• still lives with his parents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mrwaterbuffalo

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

don;t let the government see those things :wacko:
Still misses DoN ;_;
All my friends are mods now

#9 User is offline   grumpy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gadgit

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:03 PM

View PostRonin055, on Oct 9 2007, 01:55 PM, said:

That would work, however I want to keep an eye on the pressure. And then I would have to put in a pressure guage. This way I use my bike pump from Wal-Mart that has the guage built into it. So I pressurize to 120 and pop the valve, it usually drops to about 100 or so. But in any event it still throws the powder. And these low pressures arent enough to hurt the valve. I want to pressurize it on Saturday and let each team have one. Then they can take em out and deploy as needed. kinda a one use thing in this scenario.

Maybe in the future I'll build one with a guage in it, and use that tool to refill them and make them multi use.

And hey, if you like this, wait till you see my claymore design. :(

Attached File  proxmine.jpg (20.18K)
Number of downloads: 38

this is why i said that yours looked alot like mine.
Book of Armaments (Chapter 2, verses 9-21)
...And Saint Attila raised the sprinkler valve up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy sprinkler valve that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou remove thy solenoid and epoxy the pilot hole, then remove the guide rod, then thread your pilot valve directly to the body of thy sprinkler, lest thou increase thy pilot volume by a single iota, then lobbest thou thy nerfs towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall procedeth to the gates of reinsertion."

#10 User is offline   Pooker 

• Lawl @ this forum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pooker

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:28 PM

What you might want to do is get a stencil and cut "PROP" into it and spray paint it onto them with red or orange paint.
Just to be super safe B) ;)

This post has been edited by Pooker: 09 October 2007 - 04:29 PM

Digitally Dangerous
"So what? She had sex in your bed... Somebody had to, and obviously you dropped the ball..." - Jones
"No, Puzuma, please tea bag me for free......actually....after that statement....I don't even care"- Deuce

#11 User is offline   shawn3474 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:greenglow

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:37 PM

Pretty cool

#12 User is offline   Incognito 

• Using Less Than 100 Paintballs A Day
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 05:54 PM

Sounds kinda like the "soda mines" I saw used once.

~Quip~
~Christian Paintballer~CPPA Member #3565~Stock Class Paintballer~Automaggot~My Feedback
Posted Image
The Family: VSC Phantom, PGP, Classic Automag, Autococker, Pumpcocker
U.S. Army Infantry: Because Someone Needs to Take Out the Trash

#13 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:01 PM

dude. that is awesome. i wish that was legal where im at or my field because i would use them for sure. maybe you can rig it somehow to remote detonate it?
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#14 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:03 PM

Very nice, home made stuff FTW

-ED
The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#15 User is offline   Mayonnaise 

• Not sure what I am!
  • PipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, writing PROP would be good, but takes away the realism. Awesome job.
Christian paintballer for life!

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!-THE MENACE
Proud anti-rapper and Christian rock/metal lover! I'm sticking with the 2% here!
98% of people have 98% and 2% in their signature. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your sig.
If your parents do not buy you your gear, put this in your sig.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users