Special Ops Paintball: Special Ops Blackcell MOLLE Pod Pack - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Special Ops Blackcell MOLLE Pod Pack Review by KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#1 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image
The Special Ops Blackcell MOLLE Pod Pack is a pack developed for the paintball player who is looking for a Pod Pack with MOLLE/Interlock capabilities that lets them customize and upgrade their own setup.

When I got a remote line for my A-5 I bought the Opsgear CO2/Compressed Air Tank Pouch and I just used the MOLLE straps on the back of the Tank Pouch to attach the Pouch to a belt… Needless to say I always had a sore back after an afternoon of paintball. I started looking for a cheap MOLLE vest that I could get that would allow me to customize it to my needs. I got a vest picked out from Cheaper Than Dirt, and looked into a couple pod pouches, and grenade pouches, but my vest would be $180. I was looking for something a little cheaper. I was asking around on the web and was directed towards this Pack. I liked that it was only $40 and had MOLLE that rapped all the way around from the front to the back. Most vests have MOLLE on the front and back, but not on the sides.

I decided that I should go ahead and order this Pack so that I would have it in time for my next game. I also ordered two Blackcell 2+1 Pod Holders with the Pack. When the Pack and Pouches arrived I pulled them out of the box and was a little surprised that they expected people to be able to figure out how to install the MOLLE/Interlock accessories without any sort of instructions. I happen to know all about MOLLE but I know many of my friends would have had a little trouble trying to figure this out. On the back of the Pack between the top and bottom row of webbing is where you will find the Interlock panel. The Interlock panel is attached at both ends so it is a little tricky installing a lot of stuff on the back, but it is very doable.

To install the Blackcell 2+1 Pod Holders on the back of the Pack requires a little patience. I found that if you slip a plastic baggie over the Velcro flaps of the Pod Holders you can easily align them on your Pack, then you just slip the baggies off the flaps and press down to secure the Velcro. With a Pod Holder on both outside edges of the Interlock it was a little tricky to attach my Tank Pouch, but I always say if it goes on hard it won't come off easy. That statement proved true with a trial run through my woods. With a 20oz. tank and full pods of paint I ran, I dove, I crawled, I leaned into trees, bunkers brush, and nothing seemed to even hint of falling off.

This Pack will never fall off of you. It attaches to you like a back brace with overlapping Velcro on the front and then it also has the snaps. I found that I had to readjust it after a bit because it was riding a little crooked. I would recommend you put it on before you get the rest of your gear ready, so that you can after you've been wearing it awhile you can adjust it right before going on the field, and not have to adjust it in the middle of a game.

I have not played in a game yet, but I have one coming up in a week so I'll update after that. This is an amazing product that will take a lot of abuse, very well made, comes in multiple camo patterns, and is worth every dollar you spend.

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#2 User is offline   Twistedpsyche 

• God wills it!!!!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Twistedpsyche

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

And it was designed by yours truly!!!

If I had known it would be so popular, I would have put it in to production myself. :laugh:
psy·che (sie-kee) n.
The mind functioning as the center of thought, emotion, and behavior and consciously or unconsciously mediating the body's responses to the social and physical environment.
MY FEEDBACK

#3 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

Thanks to a Twisted Psyche paintball is now a better game. :laugh:

But really in all seriousness this is an item that should have come out years ago. Thanks for coming up with this idea Twistedpsyche, and thanks Special Ops for creating such a high quality product.

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#4 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

I just ordered one. Got it for speedballing, because there aren't really other brands of packs like this. This way, I can run remote or use my PM6 on rec day without even switching packs. Just a 5 minute pouch switch. Can't wait!

#5 User is offline   Twistedpsyche 

• God wills it!!!!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Twistedpsyche

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

View PostKRA SHARPSHOOTER, on Apr 10 2008, 03:33 PM, said:

But really in all seriousness this is an item that should have come out years ago. Thanks for coming up with this idea Twistedpsyche, and thanks Special Ops for creating such a high quality product.

You're very welcome. :laugh:
psy·che (sie-kee) n.
The mind functioning as the center of thought, emotion, and behavior and consciously or unconsciously mediating the body's responses to the social and physical environment.
MY FEEDBACK

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users