new springs fix this? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Madcat 

• Steeel Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Madcat.

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

Hello,

I have a Imagine that was shooting perfect a few months ago but now it wont break out of 230 FPS using co2 or hp. It gets an occassional bump to 260 using hp but then its back to regular 230. Now, I tried the pull apart spring trick to try and be a quick fix for my gf to use for the day, but nothing changed despite the fact that the spring was at least 25% longer then when I started with it.

Do you think a spring kit will fix the low FPS despite the fact stretching out the old one did nothing even though the marker is a year old and not used much or something else? Thanks for the help
Official pistol wielding dagger club #19. Automaggot #139

#2 User is offline   T-RAN 

• Brrr its cold in here, must be a T-RAN in the atmosphere
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-RAN

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:42 PM

I had the same problem with my MR1, what a ref a field did was clip off about 1 t o2 coils of the spring and the velocity was back to normal. *But after some reaserch, and opninions cutting the spring is a big NEGATIVE. I wouldn't recommend it* You might want to try putting the spring back in the gun, but this time leave it in the "cocked" position, say overnight to "break in" the spring.( i've done this before and its helped, and worked)
If all else fails then I would say yes then you could try a new spring kit, and make sure everything is leak free, and all the normal checks you would do on a a marker. (if you have anymore questions feel free to ask)

Hope this helps a bit.

T-RAN
CCI Phantom Owner
Tippmann (A-5) Owner #8
Spyder MR owner #27
If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done! - {Sabre Motto}
Christian Paintballer

#3 User is offline   p8blr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:pbrules15

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:54 PM

This was a while back, but on my old spyder, I could not get it anywhere near 300 fps. Not sure what it was at exactly, but I ended up putting a "yellow" spyder spring in it and it got it around 280 with the velocity adjuster all the way up. I would recommend you get a hold of a spring kit.
But before you do that, make sure all your o-rings are good, and there are no other problems with your marker.
Do you have a regulator?

#4 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

Before buying a kit, clean the gun. With the grip and any other electronics off the gun, literally run water through it. Re-oil and check it. Might just be dirty. Also, check to make sure everything is sliding smoothly. Your o-rings might be swollen. If that is the case, replace them. I got a Spyder for $10 because it was "broken" but all it needed was new o-rings and it shot fantastic.

All else fails, get a spring kit. It will make tuning easier down the road.

#5 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:57 AM

View PostT-RAN, on Mar 21 2009, 06:42 PM, said:

I had the same problem with my MR1, what a ref a field did was clip off about 1 t o2 coils of the spring and the velocity was back to normal. *But after some reaserch, and opninions cutting the spring is a big NEGATIVE. I wouldn't recommend it* You might want to try putting the spring back in the gun, but this time leave it in the "cocked" position, say overnight to "break in" the spring.( i've done this before and its helped, and worked)
If all else fails then I would say yes then you could try a new spring kit, and make sure everything is leak free, and all the normal checks you would do on a a marker. (if you have anymore questions feel free to ask)

Hope this helps a bit.

T-RAN

I think you need to read a little closer... You had the opposite problem. You were shooting hot, he's shooting too slow.

I agree with everybody else - clean it up good, check over the o-rings, oil it up and give it a try before you buy the spring kit.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"
Mark that quote down... very important.

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#6 User is offline   Not_You 

• Lather, Rinse, Repeat as Desired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98customizer

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:30 AM

there's one fix i heard about, never got to test it though
take off the back cap, and behind the pin thingy that sits in the spring at the back, put a small section of macroline there, it may shim it enough, or not
Group: Banned #2
Pirate - "Seriously, I hope you hit this kid over the head with something very, very heavy. Like a truck."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users