• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hotshotpaintball.com Review of SITE Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:37 AM

Okay, this is more of a review of the actual site www.hotshotpaintball.com than an actual review of products however i will also talk about the products i bought

I recently made a purchase from www.hotshotpaintball.com. First the good, The price is pretty much the main reason, i got a good deal on a pod pack. also ordered extra pods, battleswab, apex and the UMS apex adapter. one of the main issues i had was my pod pack. I felt a bit ripped off as the items they sent were not clearly advertised. This is the item i purchased . http://www.hotshotpaintball.com/merchant2/...Product_Count=4 In the picture it shows black pods and being held very securly, however when it arrived i recived shiny silver pods that are of very low quality (very flimsy, will hold paint however if you take a pod shot expect ALOT of broken paint inside your pod. they will withstand a paintball hit as i tested that) and the pod pack just barely even holds them secure, ive modded the pods so they are not shiny and in the process of adding more velcro

(Note: the explination Includes 4 Free 32 Degrees 140 Round Pods-Assorted colors. was NOT there when i ordered. it was added after i adressed my concern's with the admin at HSP.)

and if its not noticed, there is no picture for the UMS apex adapter. my guess is because its just a cheap peice of delrin (id put plastic but dont want the flame). hardly worth the 25. If i had a picture or would of been able to find a review on that i would not have thrown my money away on it as i could of easly made one for less than 2 bucks that would work just as good.

I e-mailed them with my complaint's and on the pods was basicly told that well...its a clearance item...deal with it. Basicly was just completly brushed off and felt there customer service could have been alot better..

The apex is faulty but this was more of BT problem and not theres, same as shipping was pretty decent though this was more of UPS doing and not theres so cant rate them based on those two things..

Pros:
Was cheap, and the products technicaly "work"

cons: Did not get what i wanted/expected. Felt a bit ripped off and felt i was brushed off when i tryed to offer my concern's

All in all, id give the site a 6 out of 10. Not extremly bad site, however far from the best. It doesnt really qualify as an "average" site or above average in my book even though the rating suggests that since i expect sites to be a at 8 or above to be average as with competition and all you need to offer the absolute best just to be average. not the worse, not the best. Dont intend to persue any more actions with them however feel from now on i will take my business to other sites.

#2 User is offline   Fighter24 

• Fighter-A soldier, an unyeilding or determined person
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Fighter24

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:40 AM

I bought my TAG-8 and an extra clip from them. I got free shipping and it got to my house alot quicker than I expected.

Imo not a horrible sight.
"I'll lead you to glory or I'll lead you to hell, but I'll be the first one there."-General George Armstrong Custer
IPB Image

Favre4ever

#3 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:49 AM

I bought a remote from them and the remote did not come with a qucik disconnect nipple to hook on to which is 32 Degrees' fault for not putting one in the package. Hotshot sent me one regardless for free with very fast shipping. If that's not excellent customer service, then what is? They fixed an issue that technically wasn't even their problem. They could have told me, "Take it up with 32 Degrees. It's their fault." but they didn't. A+ for Hotshot.

#4 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 24 June 2006 - 11:34 AM

Pro Line makes an awful product. I learned that when I bought one of their pod packs, and it had a faulty belt clip. I honestly can't blame Hot Shot Paintball for just wanting that horrible product out of their store.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#5 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:19 PM

lol. just my review on the place. I mean i got my products and everything but just seemed to feel a bit cheated on it. anyways, all i had to review about them by is my experiences with them.

#6 User is offline   light-u-up 

• Everybody needs seizures!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:light-u-up

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:46 AM

80% of my last orders have been from Hotshot paintball, I like them. Even though they don't list when stuff is out of stock or backordered until you order it. Another reason I like them is because if they terribly screw up I can just go to there HQ and talk to them sence they are less then two drivng hours away from my house.

I find it easier not to email them, just call them. Around 50% of the time you get the answering machine but just leave a message and they always get back to you. There phone operator (Jen) is very kind and curdious.

They are paintballers too, they understand where you are coming from like when my package got backordered I called them and talked to Jen and explained to her that I had a senario game in 4 days and I switched my stock and they had it at my door step within 2 days.

#7 User is offline   Eustachius 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:30 AM

Ordered a stabilizer, a 9" shroud, tac cap, and gauge from them. I had a few problems installing the lines from the asa to the stabilizer, but it's ok now. They sent me a Bob Long gauge instead of the 32 Degrees one that I ordered, but it's the same thing basically. The delivery was quick, and they even called me up to check the address before they sent it because I had specified a PO box for a UPS package. I give them a 9 out of 10, but these guys are great and I would definitely order from them again!

#8 User is offline   killswitch66 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:04 AM

I have had nothing but incredible customer service from Hotshot. They are one of the few online retailers I deal with and they are usually the first place I look when I need something.

#9 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:54 AM

Ive ordered from there before and got my stuff qay quicker than i expected. A+ for Hotshot.

#10 User is offline   killswitch66 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:34 PM

I've ordered quite a bit from Hotshotpaintball.com and I have NEVER EVER been disappointed. The site might not be the best when it comes to showing what is in stock, but customer service and price are top-notch. A+++

#11 User is offline   Hurricane 

• Play Hard, Play Smart
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheHurricane

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:48 PM

hotshotpaintball.com is plain and simple awesome i know the owener and i know his daughter very well... well i dated her best friend, he has taken me to senerios and games he has also given be awesome deals on products. i know this guy would not rip anyone off. so dont blame the store becuase you might has misinterpreted it. ideal ordering pods anywhere exspecially when there free or given to you, you know there gonna be crappy, i got my proto mask from him. i didnt have to deal with shippng becuase well he handed it to me. but i did have to deal with the shipping when i orderd my tippmanns E-trigger, i returned it i didnt like it. but it was fast about 2 weeks it was mine, return policy was extremely easy and i got my money back. this guy wouldnt rip anyone off and hes going through hard times now. so dont blame him if your order takes to long he has to completely move his extremely nice basement shop else where.

id give you a 10 out of 10 Mr.Hull dont worry bout the "complaints"
Team Brute Force
Generously Sponsored By:
Planet Eclipse | PnL Paintball | Valken | Visions Edge | Exalt | Energy Batteries

#12 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:55 PM

Holy flash back -- a DoN thread.

#13 User is offline   achinaghost52 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Eric Steckelberg

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

View Postlight-u-up, on Jun 25 2006, 10:46 AM, said:

80% of my last orders have been from Hotshot paintball, I like them. Even though they don't list when stuff is out of stock or backordered until you order it. Another reason I like them is because if they terribly screw up I can just go to there HQ and talk to them sence they are less then two drivng hours away from my house.

I find it easier not to email them, just call them. Around 50% of the time you get the answering machine but just leave a message and they always get back to you. There phone operator (Jen) is very kind and curdious.

They are paintballers too, they understand where you are coming from like when my package got backordered I called them and talked to Jen and explained to her that I had a senario game in 4 days and I switched my stock and they had it at my door step within 2 days.

Oh.... i ordered a Powerlyte Scepter barrel kit in Spyder thread from them around 20 days ago.... but it still hasnt arrived, it says that their phone number is "being changed" and it has said that since i ordered the barrel. My credit card has been billed. and now, to top it all off, when i go to the website and search for powerlyte barrels, they no longer have them even listed on their site.... what should i do? i have already sent an email to them...

#14 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:07 AM

Achin - contact your credit card company and explain it to them. They can reverse the transaction.

This thread is old and things change. A company changing over phone numbers is suspicious to me. I run a business and would never kill a phone number before I had a new one. Companies can redirect old numbers.

"Holy flash back -- a DoN thread."

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 06 June 2009 - 07:08 AM

#15 User is offline   FrozenLiquidity 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:FrozenLiquidity

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:02 AM

View Postachinaghost52, on Jun 5 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

Oh.... i ordered a Powerlyte Scepter barrel kit in Spyder thread from them around 20 days ago.... but it still hasnt arrived, it says that their phone number is "being changed" and it has said that since i ordered the barrel. My credit card has been billed. and now, to top it all off, when i go to the website and search for powerlyte barrels, they no longer have them even listed on their site.... what should i do? i have already sent an email to them...

I've got a similar story. I order about $100 worth of stuff at their site in late April, and it's been "processing" ever since. I've been charged and I've attempted to call, email, and use the service contact messages to get a hold of them. Their phones are all being "changed over" still, and their numbers are disconnected. I have just found no way to contact them and get a reply. It's pretty sad too, because last year when I went through them they were great and helped me out in no time when there was a problem with the order.

I've already initiated a dispute. It's been 6 weeks since they charged me, and not a peep from them.

View Postlight-u-up, on Jun 25 2006, 10:46 AM, said:

Hard to call them when their phone system is being perpetually "changed over". Though I realize that two years ago things were probably much different. Maybe you can go down there and see whats going on for us!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users