Special Ops Paintball: NASA Is Going to Blow Up the Moon! - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NASA Is Going to Blow Up the Moon! They're Testing Space Weapons! Conspiracy Rate Topic: -----

#16 Guest_Cesar_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:48 AM

View PostThalion, on Oct 8 2009, 09:39 AM, said:

Out of curiosity, if they find water, what can they do with it?

I don't object to the idea, but I'm curious what they hope to achieve besides "look, water."


Sell it in retail stores at extremely high prices?

make one very expensive cup of tea?

.....or......search the water for small signs of life.....
....use this to refine techniques to find water on other planets and possibly signs of life.
0

#17 User is offline   I.K.E. 

  • A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,686
  • Joined: 03-April 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:17 AM

View PostCesar, on Oct 8 2009, 08:48 AM, said:

View PostThalion, on Oct 8 2009, 09:39 AM, said:

Out of curiosity, if they find water, what can they do with it?

I don't object to the idea, but I'm curious what they hope to achieve besides "look, water."


....use this to refine techniques to find water on other planets. Yes


Transporting enough water to the moon from Earth to support a base would be extremely difficult. It is difficult enough to support the International Space Station, and it is only manned by like a 3-4 person crew.

The ultimate goal is to (within 1000 years) terraform Mars into a usable planet. This is only the first of a million milestones we need to pass toward that end. Regardless of whether we clean up our planet, which we need to do, population pressure will eventually require the expansion to other worlds.

Unless of course, we'd rather impose reproductive limits. The problem is, China has already tried that, and though it works somewhat, it has led to other problems. (Such as killing of female babies so that parents may keep trying for a boy.)


I dunno. It has become part of our culture to complain about the cost of the space program. And yet, no one is willing to pull the plug, another facet of our culture. It has become so ingrained as part of our national identity that we feel the need to continue to dominate the world in the space race. Thus far we HAVE seen benefits through the introduction and expansion of new technologies as a result of the program. Also, the knowledge about the impacts of global warning, indeed its existence, is enhanced and deepened by the research and observation gained by the space program.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.
0

#18 User is offline   Thalion 

  • Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 22-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Twin Cities, MN

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:31 AM

As interesting as a Mars colony sounds...

I seriously think population pressure is going to drop soon enough. Either by disease or war, it just tends to happen.
Member of Team Akkadian

0

#19 Guest_MOATI_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:33 AM

View PostThalion, on Oct 8 2009, 08:31 AM, said:

As interesting as a Mars colony sounds...

I seriously think population pressure is going to drop soon enough. Either by disease or war, it just tends to happen.


It just tends to happen?

When has it just tended to happen?

The population of the earth has steadily rose over time. Diseases, war, natural disasters...these would only temporarily limit that rise...it has never ceased. Even major epidemics in the past that have killed huge percentages of the population haven't kept the population from soaring once it is over.

It would be completely negligent for us to assume that anything less than a global killer would eliminate the population pressure. Aside from mass extinction it will be necessary at some point in our future for us to be able to colonize space.
0

#20 User is offline   dextonik 

  • Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 496
  • Joined: 14-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boise Idaho
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:13 AM

I often wonder if we didn't have this silly war to fund, wouldn't we have done this a while ago? I used to wonder how they would go about doing this. I used to think if we where to why not use our worlds worst death row inmates and drop them off on the moon give them shovels and tell them to start digging. that could be their death sentence. but I'm sure funding anything like that would be quite costly. Probably out of the question too.
If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW
0

#21 User is offline   Tora 

  • Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 628
  • Joined: 24-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:My mommy

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:19 AM

View PostThalion, on Oct 8 2009, 09:39 AM, said:

Out of curiosity, if they find water, what can they do with it?

I don't object to the idea, but I'm curious what they hope to achieve besides "look, water."

Sell it to us calling it "moon water".
FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!
0

#22 User is offline   scubasteve186 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 127
  • Joined: 02-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Johnston, RI

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:09 PM

View Postdextonik, on Oct 8 2009, 12:13 PM, said:

I often wonder if we didn't have this silly war to fund, wouldn't we have done this a while ago? I used to wonder how they would go about doing this. I used to think if we where to why not use our worlds worst death row inmates and drop them off on the moon give them shovels and tell them to start digging. that could be their death sentence. but I'm sure funding anything like that would be quite costly. Probably out of the question too.


i was just about to say something about sending prisoners to the moon right before i read your post lol
0

#23 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

  • My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 04-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abilene, KS

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

View Postevillepaintball, on Oct 8 2009, 01:21 AM, said:

Flippy, are you being serious?

Yes, can't you see the signs. The government is lying to us and wasting our money like they have so many times before. Enough is enough, they need to stop here before they do even worse damage than we already have.

View PostMOATI, on Oct 8 2009, 10:33 AM, said:

View PostThalion, on Oct 8 2009, 08:31 AM, said:

As interesting as a Mars colony sounds...

I seriously think population pressure is going to drop soon enough. Either by disease or war, it just tends to happen.


It just tends to happen?

When has it just tended to happen?

The population of the earth has steadily rose over time. Diseases, war, natural disasters...these would only temporarily limit that rise...it has never ceased. Even major epidemics in the past that have killed huge percentages of the population haven't kept the population from soaring once it is over.

Bubonic Plague, Black Death, Antonine Plague, etc...
0

#24 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

  • They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 893
  • Joined: 17-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsGhost

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

View PostFlippy the Wonder Bunny, on Oct 8 2009, 04:22 PM, said:

View PostMOATI, on Oct 8 2009, 10:33 AM, said:

View PostThalion, on Oct 8 2009, 08:31 AM, said:

As interesting as a Mars colony sounds...

I seriously think population pressure is going to drop soon enough. Either by disease or war, it just tends to happen.


It just tends to happen?

When has it just tended to happen?

The population of the earth has steadily rose over time. Diseases, war, natural disasters...these would only temporarily limit that rise...it has never ceased. Even major epidemics in the past that have killed huge percentages of the population haven't kept the population from soaring once it is over.

Bubonic Plague, Black Death, Antonine Plague, etc...


During that time period is the only time humanity has seen a decrease in population.
BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.
WARNING: Extreme sarcasm ahead.
0

#25 User is offline   Cloud254 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 39
  • Joined: 23-August 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Starke, Fl

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:50 PM

View PostCesar, on Oct 8 2009, 06:33 AM, said:

ummm.....does it really matter if we contaminate it....?


i mean......its not like theres really anything up there to contaminate.....a rock....some dust.....dats about it.

plus, after all the space missions from every country.....the amount of debris in space/ moon is already up there......soo.....i really dont see the big deal.

hell....no one complains when we smashed stuff into jupiter, saturn, mars, commets, and all the other stuff up there......so whats the big deal with the moon?

Well, if i remember what I heard once, the Moon is in the perfect position to keep the Earths gravity in check, keeping tides in line, etc., etc..

If the Moon were to be slightly adjusted, it would be so catastrophic, as to cause the Earths gravity to become wack, and the tides would be all crazy, thus, global flooding would become a possibility, however far-fetched.
0

#26 Guest_Cesar_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:55 PM

View PostCloud254, on Oct 8 2009, 06:50 PM, said:

View PostCesar, on Oct 8 2009, 06:33 AM, said:

ummm.....does it really matter if we contaminate it....?


i mean......its not like theres really anything up there to contaminate.....a rock....some dust.....dats about it.

plus, after all the space missions from every country.....the amount of debris in space/ moon is already up there......soo.....i really dont see the big deal.

hell....no one complains when we smashed stuff into jupiter, saturn, mars, commets, and all the other stuff up there......so whats the big deal with the moon?

Well, if i remember what I heard once, the Moon is in the perfect position to keep the Earths gravity in check, keeping tides in line, etc., etc..

If the Moon were to be slightly adjusted, it would be so catastrophic, as to cause the Earths gravity to become wack, and the tides would be all crazy, thus, global flooding would become a possibility, however far-fetched.

...They are NASA scientists......im sure they are smarter than a bunch of people on the internet....im sure theyve already calculated all the risks and deemed it safe enough.
0

#27 User is offline   Thalion 

  • Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 22-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Twin Cities, MN

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

View PostFenrisulfr, on Oct 8 2009, 05:36 PM, said:

During that time period is the only time humanity has seen a decrease in population.


And who's to say some other superbug won't come about between now and the time that population is a real problem.

Things happen in cycles, history repeats itself. Our technology, while it helps us from many things, is not going to be able to solve every single problem that can come up.
Member of Team Akkadian

0

#28 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

  • They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 893
  • Joined: 17-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsGhost

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

View PostThalion, on Oct 8 2009, 04:58 PM, said:

View PostFenrisulfr, on Oct 8 2009, 05:36 PM, said:

During that time period is the only time humanity has seen a decrease in population.


And who's to say some other superbug won't come about between now and the time that population is a real problem.

Things happen in cycles, history repeats itself. Our technology, while it helps us from many things, is not going to be able to solve every single problem that can come up.


HAS. Past tense. Has. Not will. Will indicates the future.

And there's no proof that says history repeats itself. Things can look as though they did, but nothing is for certain.
BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.
WARNING: Extreme sarcasm ahead.
0

#29 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

  • 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 759
  • Joined: 31-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ponchatoula Louisiana
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

i am a space camp veteran. yea, i went to space camp. the people that designed this probe told us of what it was to do. it is going there to see if there is enough water on the moon to A) Make drinking water :laugh: Make breatheable air from C) make rocket fuel from.

they plan on using the moon as a small step before we go further into space. if the water content of the lunar dust isnt high enough (trust me , it probably will be. they arent expecting much) then nothing happens. if it is, then we send another machine in about a year to take O2 out of the dust. everyone is worried that we will pollute the moon. there is no ecosystem to pollute. the moon's "atmosphere" is just as much vacuume as the space around it. also, said machine would be seperating water from the dust, so it would not be tainted. then (for drinking water) it would be run through NASA's water recyclers. they make the cleanest water available to anyone. 97% pure. the water is so pure, they have to ADD stuff to it so we wont dehydrate (yea, thats right. absolutely pure water CAUSES dehydration)

for those of you that think we as humans can cause such a catostophic event as to cause a complete end to a world is extremely arrogant. we may end life as we know it, but the planet would be fine. we do not have the power to cause whole worlds to be destroyed... yet
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie
0

#30 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

  • always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,381
  • Joined: 06-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:21 PM

I don't think it's space weapons but I think it's really cool. (but also kind of stupid)

If the general idea is to terraform Mars or Venus, probably Mars, then we should start looking to Mars and that sort of thing.

I guess this could be useful if we wanted to see if there's life on other moons (I'm pretty sure there isn't life on the other planets in our solar system...), but why not just shoot the probes at a moon that we expect to find water on? I'm pretty sure there isn't water on our moon, unless they're trying to use this as a test run (which it looks like) and just analyze the data they receive and disregard the whole water thing.

And slamming probes into the moon isn't going to affect poo. You know how many asteroids have hit the damn thing?

As long as we're on the topic of slamming celestial objects into each other, it would be cool if Pluto slammed into Neptune.

This post has been edited by StealingYerMail: 08 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback
0

Share this topic:


  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users