• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

who was at hoth Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

I was at the battle of hoth at Albany Scenario club in Nassau NY yesterday, and I saw a guy wearing a brigade patch...didn't get a chance to talk to them though...just wondering, who else from here was there..?
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#2 User is offline   scurvy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SCURVY

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:46 PM

I was there in full snow camo, so I didn't wear any patches. I saw a couple of brigade patches, though.

Good event, though the snow made things brutal. Weather was good, and the wind didn't really effect the game. ASC kept things moving, but the last mission block could have kept the game going longer. Overall. it was worth the trip.

I'm working on four winter scenarios this year, so I'll be at Ice Station Zebra next week.
AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

#3 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:58 PM

I only saw one SO patch...I guess I wasn't looking hard enough...

Me and my friends left just before the end of the second block, personally we found it miserable. By the end of the day we realized we are hyperball/speedball players and that's about it. Not to mention we couldn't feel our fingers or toes within seconds of walking on the field...wearing good gloves, and baselayers...not sure what side you played for, but the first mission block was miserable for the Rebels, very little action and no real great objectives, felt similarly with the second mission block.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#4 User is offline   scurvy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SCURVY

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:22 PM

I like what ASC was trying with their missions, but the snow somewhat limited the pace and action.

I played for the empire this year and last. I felt the same way about our side last year, and I think the field overcompensated to try and keep things even. Last year, it was baserape of the empire, so they moved the action by limiting the rebel movement. The missions didn't really materialize in the first block, and in the second block the rebels sent the transports all at once. I agree that there was too much slogging through the snow for not enough action if you didn't happen to be where the fight was at that time.

The snow kept the field from being fully open for movement. It also slowed everything to a snail's pace. There were some skirmishes at the river crossing in the first block, and the second could have been better, possibly if the flag stations had been located differently. I thought capturing the flag stations would have been a good format for the entire game, but there needed to be more of them spread out between the bases.

After a couple of days of trial and error paintballing in the snow, I figured out dry and warm. It also means slow and heavy from insulated boots and clothing.

If you like faster games in the snow, Xtreme Paintball in East Windsor, CT is having a game next Saturday on their spool field with some big teams going. Details are sketchy, but it seems like $10 air and $50/case winter paint and whatever you want to donate to help the owners with a snow-related financial setback. There is much discussion about how this will go down, but I would call them for details.
AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users