Pepperball?!

#16 User is offline   Big Dave 

• Heretic
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Big Hungry

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

View Postjtpaintball70, on May 14 2007, 10:59 PM, said:

I see no problem at all with the blood red fill rounds. I am going to be buying some actually.

And as for pepperballs, for the time being a civilian cannot get them. They are trying to open that market though. I would like enough for 2 mags worth for the T68 to use as home defense when I move to ABQ until I turn 21 and can get a handgun.

If you fired those in your house you would be just as screwed as the intruder.

This post has been edited by Big Dave: 14 May 2007 - 10:10 PM

"I would rather lose every game honorably than win knowing I am a cheater."
"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
"Sports do not build character. They reveal it."
"Determination, perseverance, resolution... Resurrection"

#17 Guest_Tessaract_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:48 PM

I see no problem at all with the blood red fill rounds. I am going to be buying some actually.

And as for pepperballs, for the time being a civilian cannot get them. They are trying to open that market though. I would like enough for 2 mags worth for the T68 to use as home defense when I move to ABQ until I turn 21 and can get a handgun.

aside from the fact blood red WILL stain your gear, and when you spend 300 bucks on a vest you dont want a giant redspot on it, blood red is banned not only due to the distance from trying to look like a war game but due to the fact a ref cannot tell if the person hit is actualy injured or if its just paint, if there cut or hurt you cant tell the diff between real blood and fake

#18 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:28 AM

View PostTessaract, on May 14 2007, 11:48 PM, said:

aside from the fact blood red WILL stain your gear, and when you spend 300 bucks on a vest you dont want a giant redspot on it, blood red is banned not only due to the distance from trying to look like a war game but due to the fact a ref cannot tell if the person hit is actualy injured or if its just paint, if there cut or hurt you cant tell the diff between real blood and fake

Banned? Only at some fields. Every field around here I can use it at if I so choose. And I've used it before. If you get it off within 48 hours, it doesn't stain. And I don't know about you, but I like to clean my gear well within two days of playing.

View PostBig Dave, on May 14 2007, 11:09 PM, said:

If you fired those in your house you would be just as screwed as the intruder.

Hmm... good point. Maybe I'll get some of the steel core balls :sick:
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#19 User is offline   paintslinger99 

• ITS NOT AN ION!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:paintslinger99

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:36 AM

this reminds me of the time i maced myself. i wanted to see what it looked like to i put my hand out (quite close to my face) and sprayed. well it sprays harder than i had imagined so i ended up spraying myself. i was like 7 so i dont remember a lot but i do remember the sink. i was having my eyes flushed for like a half hour it sucked!

#20 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:40 AM

View Postjtpaintball70, on May 15 2007, 08:28 AM, said:

Banned? Only at some fields. Every field around here I can use it at if I so choose. And I've used it before. If you get it off within 48 hours, it doesn't stain. And I don't know about you, but I like to clean my gear well within two days of playing.

The Studio FX blood balls DO stain because they use a fill containing iodine dyes and pigments which WILL stain gear. Real paintballs use a variety of washable dyes.

#21 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:13 AM

View PostMaj Tom, on May 15 2007, 06:40 AM, said:

View Postjtpaintball70, on May 15 2007, 08:28 AM, said:

The Studio FX blood balls DO stain because they use a fill containing iodine dyes and pigments which WILL stain gear. Real paintballs use a variety of washable dyes.

Gotcha. I just assumed that those were normal paintballs just repackaged. I've used both the Archon and CORE types and want to try that one that was posted in the other red fill thread.
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#22 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:25 AM

Warpig said:

According to rule 1.11 any team using prohibited items including red paintballs, electronic surveillance devices, incendiary devices or forbidden paintballs would be ejected from the tournament, forfeit their points earned therein, and pay a five hundred dollar fine. One point eleven also states that paint will be tested for acceptability under a set of guidelines for water solubility and three types of tests for staining. The first test involves its ability to stain a piece of glossy paper. If the results of the paper test are disputed, the rules specify testing with the palm of a human hand. In the paper and skin tests, vibrant stains indicate that the paint has failed the test, but if the stain "remains slightly visible but is not vibrant, it is deemed to have passed." A third type of stain test is described for testing the ability to stain a piece of white poly/cotton tee shirt material. After washing, any visible stain constitutes a failure of this test. In an effort to finally bring an end to the problems associated with staining paint, the NPPL widely publicized the new rules through the league web site and press releases making the rule change and testing criteria widely available.

Now if you can prove to me that your red paint can pass that test WITHOUT the use of a stain remover then I have no problem with it. If it fails and you shoot me with you red paint, you'll be buying me a new set of clothes.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#23 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:35 AM

You know proball makes a red fill that looks exactly like the bloodballs. They are awesome, and do not stain(i have been shot with them)
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

#24 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:42 AM

I tell you one thing, if somebody stained my $200 vest with a bloodball, I'd be upset enough to cause minor physical violence...

This post has been edited by Ka1iBuR: 15 May 2007 - 07:44 AM

#25 User is offline   paintball valley 

• Nazi Mods 4TL
  • PipPip

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:15 AM

View Postjtpaintball70, on May 15 2007, 12:59 AM, said:

Actually if you are a Bonded Security Guard, Bounty Hunter, Bodyguard you can purhcase the full strength pepperballs. I had a friend get me some that I reserve just for home defense. I don't like real firearms, I have been fully trained with them, but simply don't wish to cause that sort of harm or perhaps death to anyone. Greatfully I've never had to use them, but wouldn't hesitate to light-up someone that broke into my house while I was home.

FYI: These things aren't uber, pepper spray in general isn't really impressive. If you have been effected by it before it gets easier to deal with each time. Or, if you just happen to like really spicey food, it's not really all that bad.

The steal cored rubber balls, hurt alot, alot worse than a paintball, but they still only tranfer about 70% of their energy to the target. For the longest time I looked for a soft silicone ball encapsulated with gelatin, just dense enough to retain it's shape but soft enough to transfer ~98% energy to target. Unfortuneatly, or not, they are not manufactured by anyone. So i settled for hte pepper balls for home defensive purposes.

PLEASE!!! DO NOT, EVER EVER BRING PEPPER BALLS TO A FIELD!!! EVER!!! IT WOULD BE CONSIDERED ASSUALT AND YOU COULD BE ARRESTED!!!
If you can't hit him in 3 shots... You are probably in the way of someone who can... MOVE!!!
If Nikola Tesla had invented a paintball marker it would have been an electro-pnuematic.
"Every facet, every department of your mind needs to be programed by you, and unless you accept your rightful responsibility and begin to program your own mind; the world will program it for you." - Evil Nine: "Cake Hole" (possibly sampled from Timothy Leary)

...Fat chicks need love too, but they gotta pay. - Glen Quagmire

#26 User is offline   GUNFIGHTER9 

• American by Birth, Soldier by Choice, Gunfighter for life
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GUNFIGHTER9

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:11 AM

To those of you relying on pepper balls for home defense, you'd probably be better off running away than using those things. They work, but not right away, and they certainly don't completely incapcitate someone. Additionaly you can very easily get it on you when using them. At the prison I worked for, we always wore gas masks when using it to avoid getting contaminated ourselves.

#27 User is offline   paintball valley 

• Nazi Mods 4TL
  • PipPip

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

I have a cheap painters mask and it does enough for me. Like I siad they don't bother you as much if you are exposed to then regularly. They do have a have a delayed reaction, maybe 5 seconds or so.

My friend has used them rather successfully as a Bounty Hunter against some pretty dangerous peoples. I have them on his experience that they would be better than nothing for home defense. I'm not a small guy either, and I promise you I can protect myself, especially if the other guy isn't gonna be able to see in a few seconds. ;o)

Granted they aren't for everyone, and the best thing to do if you find someone in your house is call the Police. The 911 operator will ask you if you can exit the house safely, if not you will be instructed to remain where you are and quiet until Officers arrive. Do as you are instructed, it is for you own saftey.
If you can't hit him in 3 shots... You are probably in the way of someone who can... MOVE!!!
If Nikola Tesla had invented a paintball marker it would have been an electro-pnuematic.
"Every facet, every department of your mind needs to be programed by you, and unless you accept your rightful responsibility and begin to program your own mind; the world will program it for you." - Evil Nine: "Cake Hole" (possibly sampled from Timothy Leary)

...Fat chicks need love too, but they gotta pay. - Glen Quagmire

#28 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:36 PM

Blook colored paintballs are illeagle at fields, that color is banned.

Fv2
Hello everybody. Im back.

#29 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

View PostFusion V2, on May 15 2007, 01:36 PM, said:

Blook colored paintballs are illeagle at fields, that color is banned.

Fv2

No they are not. Not at all fields anyways. We just had a long thread on this topic where the OP thought they were illegal as well. They ARE NOT. It is up to the fields discretion whether that color fill is banned. And someone has already said that Hell's Survivors uses that color fill as Field Paint.

This post has been edited by jtpaintball70: 15 May 2007 - 12:43 PM

☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#30 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:25 PM

According to rule 1.11 any team using prohibited items including red paintballs, electronic surveillance devices, incendiary devices or forbidden paintballs would be ejected from the tournament, forfeit their points earned therein, and pay a five hundred dollar fine. One point eleven also states that paint will be tested for acceptability under a set of guidelines for water solubility and three types of tests for staining. The first test involves its ability to stain a piece of glossy paper. If the results of the paper test are disputed, the rules specify testing with the palm of a human hand. In the paper and skin tests, vibrant stains indicate that the paint has failed the test, but if the stain "remains slightly visible but is not vibrant, it is deemed to have passed." A third type of stain test is described for testing the ability to stain a piece of white poly/cotton tee shirt material. After washing, any visible stain constitutes a failure of this test. In an effort to finally bring an end to the problems associated with staining paint, the NPPL widely publicized the new rules through the league web site and press releases making the rule change and testing criteria widely available.
Hello everybody. Im back.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users