Special Ops Paintball: Flamethrower - Special Ops Paintball

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flamethrower read post before answering poll plz Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Flames or not? (190 member(s) have cast votes)

Should their be flamethrowers?

1. Yes (64 votes [33.68%])

Percentage of vote: 33.68%

2. No (92 votes [48.42%])

Percentage of vote: 48.42%

3. Only on tanks (34 votes [17.89%])

Percentage of vote: 17.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:47 PM

View Posttankbuster, on Nov 15 2007, 05:31 PM, said:

I think all of you guys misunderstood:it usually sprays WATER, but it can spray paint.

well if it were just spraying water it would be very easy for people to just say 'I fell in the creek' or something like that and play on (point being unless a ref watched it happen a player could very easily play on) and if filled with paint you still run into the range factor not to mention the people you would TINKLE off

I know you desperatly want this idea to be widly accepted and practiced, but its not going to happen outside of some small games with just friends, and possibly a big game or two (D-Day big)

that doesn't mean you can't go for it, make yourself a paint flamethrower and enjoy, just don't expect to have your local fields let you use it, or other walk ons play you with it, or respect you for having it.
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#17 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:18 PM

I think a paintball flamethrower is a dumb idea. When I think about it, I don't think I would have that much shooting it, and I would just hate it if I got shot by it. What if it hits you in the mouthpiece? ugh..

#18 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

Ya said the word huge in there. Most people don't like carrying them. Personally the only place that I find a flamethrower suitable is mounted on a tank for a secondary weapon. For someone that is carrying one it is just too heavy. The only place where it really is practical is at close range... so do what the Japanese did. Don't go underground in caves and take out the obnoxious flamethrower at a distance.
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#19 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:02 PM

If your with your friends - a super soaker with colored water may pass, but for global acceptance it is a big stretch.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#20 User is offline   SwampThing 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mach1muscle351

Posted 17 November 2007 - 01:13 AM

Its posted in the scenario position. Leave the poor guy alone, and those againts it, its not even that bad getting a little jet of paint/water on you. Its not like a super soaker fight where the objective is to drench the other guy. Quick jet of paint and your out. As far as getting sprayed in the mask with it tasting bad and all. Well so does getting shot in the mask with a paintball. Those who say its impractical, its a scenario type class/position/weapon, this would be ment for a close quarters type weapon, taking out bunkers, or maybe spraying someone through thick brush, im not totally for this idea. Most of the reasons posted to not to have a flamethrower are kinda silly. "covered head to toe in a single blast" huh?? okay if the shooter does that then hes shouldnt be using it. This isnt a fire hose we're talking about. Maybe we should get rid of all paintball claymores, mines out there because they shoot a jet of paint.

The shooter should just do quick bursts to mark the opponent. Not cover the guy from head to toe. Just like with a regular paintball gun. There are some paintball guns out there that could probably put out pretty close to the same amount of paint as a paintball flamethrower could.

All that being said lol. I dont want to get shot by one of them. But then again, I dont want to get shot period.

#21 User is offline   tankbuster 

• Colonel of the 4th Artillery Regiment
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:treesniper1

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:59 AM

View Postmach1muscle351, on Nov 17 2007, 03:13 AM, said:

Its posted in the scenario position. Leave the poor guy alone, and those againts it, its not even that bad getting a little jet of paint/water on you. Its not like a super soaker fight where the objective is to drench the other guy. Quick jet of paint and your out. As far as getting sprayed in the mask with it tasting bad and all. Well so does getting shot in the mask with a paintball. Those who say its impractical, its a scenario type class/position/weapon, this would be ment for a close quarters type weapon, taking out bunkers, or maybe spraying someone through thick brush, im not totally for this idea. Most of the reasons posted to not to have a flamethrower are kinda silly. "covered head to toe in a single blast" huh?? okay if the shooter does that then hes shouldnt be using it. This isnt a fire hose we're talking about. Maybe we should get rid of all paintball claymores, mines out there because they shoot a jet of paint.

The shooter should just do quick bursts to mark the opponent. Not cover the guy from head to toe. Just like with a regular paintball gun. There are some paintball guns out there that could probably put out pretty close to the same amount of paint as a paintball flamethrower could.

All that being said lol. I dont want to get shot by one of them. But then again, I dont want to get shot period.

Great analysis, even though some of the other people are right, too. Ty.
92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.
SLAY THE ORCS!

#22 User is offline   SwampThing 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mach1muscle351

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:09 PM

View Posttankbuster, on Nov 18 2007, 07:59 AM, said:

View Postmach1muscle351, on Nov 17 2007, 03:13 AM, said:

Great analysis, even though some of the other people are right, too. Ty.

Ty lol, I generally try to defend the losing side in any debate. Im neutral though, as far as flamethrowers.

#23 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:24 PM

Ummm, I have a paint thrower that has seen game time. When in responsible hands, a paintthrower is not an issue. It is no different than a grenade. Any spec and the player is eliminated. I've used it and eliminated a few people with it. A side arm is a must when playing with a paintthrower though because of the range.

Our paint thrower uses HPA, it's has a regulator and is much more than just a water jug filled with paint.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#24 User is offline   tankbuster 

• Colonel of the 4th Artillery Regiment
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:treesniper1

Posted 19 November 2007 - 04:03 PM

View PostProdigy, on Nov 18 2007, 05:24 PM, said:

Ummm, I have a paint thrower that has seen game time. When in responsible hands, a paintthrower is not an issue. It is no different than a grenade. Any spec and the player is eliminated. I've used it and eliminated a few people with it. A side arm is a must when playing with a paintthrower though because of the range.

Our paint thrower uses HPA, it's has a regulator and is much more than just a water jug filled with paint.

Sounds cool.
92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.
SLAY THE ORCS!

#25 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLACK OPS RANGER

Posted 25 November 2007 - 06:47 AM

View Post508WoodsBall, on Oct 27 2007, 09:08 PM, said:

If someone soaked me with paint sparying like a water house I would probably want to meet you in the parking lot after the game...if i had the patience to wait that long. That has to be the worst idea ever. No one wants to be soaked, especially if you get blasted on the first games. Then what? walk around for 6 hours dripping in paint? Not to mention that this would cuz lots of damage to personal property. Some things arent supposed to get wet.

Be nice :D, he probably did not think it through, oh and if you have a tippmann you do not have to worry about it if it get's wet, it will still shoot if you submerge it.

#26 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:20 AM

It's paintball, not super soakers.
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#27 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:32 AM

It's no different than getting hit with a paint grenade. ANY SPECK OF PAINT and you're out. If you decide to keep playing, well that's on you.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#28 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:38 PM

View PostBroadswordMingus, on Oct 29 2007, 09:48 AM, said:

The flamethrower idea isn't logical for paintball.

i agree for the most part, however where i play most of the people take thier markers apart and clean theam once a month so i'm not worried about making people mad

THERE IS A TWO TACTICLE ADVANTAGES THAT I WOULD BEABLE TO GET FROM MY HOME FIELD
1. it stalls people, try to slow them down , your friends can shoot them
2.most of my home field is trenches, if your marker isn't full auto and your not using a law loaded with scatter shot what could bbe better than a flame thrower

at my field teams are massivly curved the bunkerd team normally has three times the attacking team, its a smaller field so we take turns attacking each

here is what would happen
NOOBIE: yeah a moron with out a gun
ME: yeah i'm carring a couple gallons of paint on my back
NOOBIE: oh ____ (fill in the blank with whatever you please) ;)
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#29 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:12 PM

It would be cool... for scenarios. But, I would never do it. You know what they say about the flamethrowers, they had the shortest lifespan on the battlefield. :ghillie:

To you guys who are trying to make yourselves look good because your fighting for the newbies, and the new ideas, and being on the losing side, are you really fighting for your opinion? If it's going to make him look lame, then tell him so. Speak with your own opinion.

#30 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

View PostCERTIFIED PAINTBALLER, on Nov 15 2007, 07:18 PM, said:

I think a paintball flamethrower is a dumb idea. When I think about it, I don't think I would have that much shooting it, and I would just hate it if I got shot by it. What if it hits you in the mouthpiece? ugh..

i wouldnt be so worried about the mouthpiece, but when its cold. if it were water, it would deffinately soak through, and then it would just be dangerous. i want to say it was like 15-20 degrees when we played today. my legs got wet and snowy, and i couldnt feel my toes. thats my fault too though, even though its kinda inevitable

on the upside though, it would be tough to wipe that :happy:
i just think the idea is just a little underdeveloped, and dont know if there would be that much to gain

This post has been edited by oerllikon: 09 February 2008 - 10:03 PM

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users