• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E-grip vs. Response Trigger

#1 User is offline   hedeckler 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:49 AM

What do you think? Which is better? Pros and Cons?

Thanks in advance.

#2 User is offline   JESTER 916 

• SO~CAL
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:jester 916

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:58 AM

if you have the A-5 go with the E-grip, price is not that much more and performance is great.
if you have a 98C id go with the response, simply because they dont make the E-grip for 98s, they make an E-bolt, which does the same thing but is like 3 times the price.
E-Grips all the way...
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#3 User is offline   Geologist 

• Designated Decoy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Geologist

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:11 AM

I have used both extensively, on the A5. I currently use the R/T, and my wife uses the E-grip. We both run with Flatlines. The e-grip is nice for ease of use. It can be quickly (off-field) set to several different modes of fire, and the rate of fire is adjustable as well. Modes include: single shot, pull and release (two shot), three round burst, turbo (single shot until you get ~4 trigger pulls per second, then begans firing on pull and release), and full auto. Older e-grips are capped at 15 rounds per second, as I understand it the newly built ones have no rate of fire cap. The Cyclone is capable of ~17 round per second, though there is a rumor of a modded cyclone that does ~20 RPS. The disadvantage to the e-grip is that it is battery operated, and while it is weather protected, it is still suspetable to failure due to moisture. Using a high quaility 9-volt battery, I have gotten well over 10,000 round before switching batteries. The firing pin wears down over time and must be replaced, this generally takes at least 30,000 rounds to occur, and Tippmann will replace it for free. Some fields may not allow the e-grip or require that it be set to single shot only.

The R/T is harder to learn to use, but offers great versitility when used. The rate of fire is adjustable by adjusting the ram screw, so anything from a gentle pull to full on mashing the trigger will give you burst and full auto ablility. As it is a mechanical pnumatic system, moisure does not effect it, and I have never heard of one wearing out. Some fields may require you tune down the R/T to effectively single shot, or not allow it to be used. To disable the R/T temperally, there is an air line you can disconnect. NOTE: In my experence, the R/T uses no more air/CO2 then a non-R/T marker. However, if you are running the low pressure kit, there may not be enough waste pressure to properly activate the R/T and the Cyclone.

I probably put 25,000 round through the e-grip, before I handed it off to my wife, and I am well in excess of 20,000 rounds through the R/T at this time.

Any questions, drop me a line.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users