Special Ops Paintball: Passing the time away in ambushes - Special Ops Paintball

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Passing the time away in ambushes Idea, Tips, Etc? Rate Topic: -----

#136 User is offline   The Elder 

• Sharpshooter
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Phantom-Sniper

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

Take a paintball out of your hopper kiss it and put it back.

#137 User is offline   Ekima 

• :Grin: I like it when you run!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EKIMA

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:03 PM

View PostGspence, on Mar 1 2006, 08:50 PM, said:

play with your safety.

lol did this once and went to fire and it was on :laugh:

i think about how they will act when out of nowhere the get shot at..

Ekima

#138 Guest_Duet_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:27 PM

I chew gum, I have to. Although, I usually play speedball. I think that's one of the biggest differences other than the environment in woodsball. The waiting.

#139 User is offline   Woods Bandit 

• Paintballer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woods Bandit

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

I like to listen to what my enemies are saying i play in an area with lots of pits and bowl formations so i can usually hear what people are saying from pretty far away. It's fun when they no your out their somewhere and try to be smart and use tactics. But eventually they wander into a shot and then the waitings over.

#140 User is offline   Cavdragoneb12 aka Watcher 

• Watcher is my call-handle
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Watcher, Dragon Army

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:05 PM

View PostDuet, on Apr 22 2008, 06:27 PM, said:

I think that's one of the biggest differences other than the environment in woodsball. The waiting.

Lol, in speedball it's "Hurry up and shoot!" or "Hurry up and grab the flag!"... woodsball and scenarioball is "Hurry up and wait!" :happy:

Sometimes I try and figure out what my spotter is thinking, and he does the same. We also try to spot each other's equipment. If he can see my lenses, the enemy can see my lenses, for example. Other times I go into my butt-stock and grab some o' dat good beef jerky :huh:

"The frightening thing about [humans] is their utterly mindless determination to do whatever mindless thing it is they are determined to do."
- Douglass Adams, RIP

#141 User is offline   Spades 

• forum pizzimp
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sgt. spades

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

me and midnight phenom do use mp3 players, i play music with my phone that has headphones, cuz i always have it with me... i keep it real low, theyre the headphones that go deep in your ears. not a bad idea if you know the place you play in well enough to be able to see people. Besides, your mind immediately improves one sense when it doesnt have another..
Posted Image

#142 User is offline   SilentWolf 

• Team Marksman
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:TJ The Ghost

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:06 PM

I try to figure out every single possible shooting lane, mine and thiers, from what direction they may come from, and where I can go if I need to make a getaway. (Kinda like Bondurant driving school but with paintball, for those who know what I'm talking about) I also just sti still and watch for even the slightest movement, try to keep your head down but make sure you can see everything. WATCH Your Flanks, this is the #1 mistake I see people make while waiting for an ambush. (I got shot it the butt once not paying attention haha) If you know the closest enemy player is pretty far (if you're playing defence I guess) check your gear: Make sure nothing is snagged, everything is set and attached, and for god's sake make sure the safety is unlocked (off) haha. I hope this helps some. Sometimes i sing the Airborne Ranger's cadences or repeat the Marine Rifleman's creed in my head... :ghillie:

I understand this isn't for paintball but I still mouth it while I'm wating, Support Our Troops! :panzer:

Marine Rifleman's Creed
This is my rifle; there are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle without me is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter then my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will… My rifle and myself know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit… My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its strengths, its weaknesses, its parts, its accessories, its sights, and its barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will… Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders for my country. We are the masters of my enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen!

Hope this helps and gives you guys (n' girls) something to do while your waiting
Tippmann A-5 -- Proto Switch EL -- DXS 48/3000 HPA -- OPSGEAR Remote -- Woodland BDU's -- Pitcanny Tri-Rail -- Leapers Foregrip
Whether helping my team take a hill, a new player with equipment failure, or helping you to the dead zone.
I hear the call to service and I answer: I am an Operator.

My Paintball Website...

#143 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:32 AM

Nintendo DS

#144 User is offline   Woods Bandit 

• Paintballer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woods Bandit

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

View PostExplosive, on May 8 2008, 07:32 AM, said:

Nintendo DS

you seriously play a nintendo ds while waiting in ambush. I'm sorry to say but you must be pretty stupid to try that.

#145 User is offline   stealthy hippo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:STEADY SNIPER

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

Wow yeah i figured someone would say DS or PSP sooner or later lol

Here's the scenario.
Your waiting in ambush and you whip out your lawn chair and DS and just sit there playing.
The OpFor comes by and kills all your teamates and thinks your a ref (b/c who brings a DS to woodsball?)
3 hours later you beat your game and snap out of your game coma and relise the game has been over for 2 hours.
Later on in life you become the loser who no one wants to play paintball with. That has a rusted paintball gun.

Honestly whoever said that they got a DS at paintball has no life.
"An Intimidator is called an Intimidator for a reason."
"We win here or lose everywhere; if we win here, we improve the chances of winning everywhere.“
-- General MacArthur, Korean War
Oklahoma d-day 4 year veteran.
Germans 726th .
ION LONGBOW WITH FULL ACTION GHILLIE - MAX'D RUSSIAN LEGION INTIMIDATOR F/S/T!!!

#146 User is offline   Alec 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MR1SNIPS

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

Considering I'm buddhist probably has some effect on my answer but in all seriousness meditate.
If you know your going to be there for a while listen to your breathing and you surrundings and you'd be surprised by what you can pick up if your not trying to.
If not talk to other guys in the ambush on the radio

#147 User is offline   Explosive 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:28 AM

View PostWoods Bandit, on May 9 2008, 06:16 PM, said:

View PostExplosive, on May 8 2008, 07:32 AM, said:

Nintendo DS

you seriously play a nintendo ds while waiting in ambush. I'm sorry to say but you must be pretty stupid to try that.

;) :laugh:

wow! and you took me serious?

#148 User is offline   Explosive 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

View Poststealthy hippo, on May 10 2008, 01:07 AM, said:

Wow yeah i figured someone would say DS or PSP sooner or later lol

Here's the scenario.
Your waiting in ambush and you whip out your lawn chair and DS and just sit there playing.
The OpFor comes by and kills all your teamates and thinks your a ref (b/c who brings a DS to woodsball?)
3 hours later you beat your game and snap out of your game coma and relise the game has been over for 2 hours.
Later on in life you become the loser who no one wants to play paintball with. That has a rusted paintball gun.

Honestly whoever said that they got a DS at paintball has no life.

Ah MAN! I was gonna invite you out to the field sometime and bring the cooler and chairs!!!

I don't own a DS...I just have a sense of humor and picturing someone playing video games while laying in the bushes.

I have a life and a dry sense of humor.
Plus the fact I was expert marksman in the Army before you were born. ;) :)

Ok, what I seriously do to pass the time away in an ambush. I pay attention to things around me (sounds, movement). I listen to my team's communication over my headset and usually "scream" cause the volume is too loud, or someone is rambling on while I'm trying to hear twigs cracking.
The key thing I do is visualize the opposition approaching, and play out scenarios in my head about how things will go down. I also think about my next move...where I'll move to after sitting somewhere way too long, or springing an ambush. If I survive it, where to move off to.

keeping mentally occupied is good, but don't let it cloud your awareness. :laugh:

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users