• You cannot reply to this topic

fan in a ghille? could it work? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

Have it on your hip or something. Be creative.

#17 User is offline   fastjetjockey 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:58 AM

Let's think about this....

You're wearing a Ghillie. You want to stay cool in the heat. The problem is the ghillie suit is insulating you, keeping heat in, and blocking the cool radiating effect of the breeze out.

There are two variables in this equation: the Ghillie Suit, and the environment. So lets take a look at the latter...

The environment. Firstly, you could try only using your suit in early morning late afternoon games. You could try and adopt a position that's always shaded and free of direct sunlight. Stay hydrated, your body has a pretty advanced way of cooling itself. I've NavEx'd in 50 degree heat (122 to you in the states), in full BDU's webbing, pack and gat for hours in full sun. I poured as much water into my face as I could and I was happy as larry to keep going. So stay hydrated. You could minimise the heat generated by your person via minimising movement and gear you carry.

Onto the other variable; the Ghillie. Okay, you've got this huge hessian and burlap layer on you. It will act as a pretty good insulator to the heat your body will generate, and to the penetration of the breeze. So what can you do to minimise these negative effects? You can make the suit thinner in places that do not matter. You don't need 5 layers of burlap on the chest and on the back. The purpose of a Ghillie is to break up your human outline, so matter is needed where the head joins the shoulders and where the arms join the body. If the rest just alters the texture of the uniform through using only one layer of burlap/hessian then that's all it needs. This will aid in the breeze penetrating the suit. Also, if you attach the hessian to a mesh vest instead of a full top from a BDU then you'll have a good summer ghillie vest. Alot of heat escapes from your head, as alot of bloodflow moves though your head and neck. So keep these areas fairly light on if you can. Make them with fibrous lightweight materiel, like burlap...or shredded hessian.
I don't think you will be really doing yourself any good of you try and add a fan system to your suit. It will be heavier, it will be something else to worry about failing, it won't simplify things. Much more can be done before the addition of an active cooling solution, rather than some clever play and variable manipulation...

In summary...
  • Make your suit lighter and thinner where it doesn't need it - Chest, Back and Top of Head.
  • Stay hydrated, guzzle as much as you can (Learn to tactical pee too).
  • Play smart; In shade and at times of the day when it's cooler.
  • Minimise your movement and gear you carry.

#18 User is offline   98Custom_Sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:98customsniper14

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

i think the lunch box freezer packs idea was a pretty decent idea. just make little pockets on the inside and put them in.

#19 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:48 PM

Yes, but once they heat up they will serve as a heat insulator, making him hotter.
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#20 User is offline   98Custom_Sniper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:98customsniper14

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:39 AM

View PostJonas, on Aug 22 2008, 11:48 PM, said:

Yes, but once they heat up they will serve as a heat insulator, making him hotter.

ya but you would take them out once they werent doing anything for tyou anymore then put more in. youd only really be able to do that if you were playing short games.

#21 User is offline   Got Paint? 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Tyler Maynard

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

I never get that hot. The one I made has an ultra-light under some jute
Help Mr.Paint get his Vest.http://forum.special...owtopic=158641/

#22 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:27 PM

This is why I never attached my ghillie to my cammies. For one I can use the cammies I want and two I have found that I can adjust what gear I wear under it.

What I typically wear? Longsleave shirt (either Marpat or other), Marpat suspenders, a ghillied mask, a pair of jungle boots, hydration pack and a pair of cammie pants (either official issue Marpat or other)

Other things may change but that's my base set up on a hot day. A lil breeze, and I'm cool and relaxed. You can be surprised how much wind can blow through a ghillie as thick as mine.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users