• You cannot reply to this topic

shiny phantom Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   The Elder 

• Sharpshooter
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Phantom-Sniper

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:26 AM

How important do you think it is that I hide the shiny paint on my black phantom? I would get a dust finish if it wasn't so expensive. Would it work to just cover it with action ghillie or will the shiny still show too much?

#2 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

If it's that big of a deal, ghillie it or hide it with your body.

#3 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

But it won't be that big of a deal. It's small enough and if you've got the skills you can get in and out without any problem.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#4 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:40 AM

The main thing is to cover silver/metallic shine because when you're moving the sunlight can bounce off of it acting as a signaling mirror straight into your enemies' eyes. I suppose if you're really good you could use that to your advantage though, lol. The hard lines and distincitve shape of a paintball gun is what brings the brain to recognizing it. The black color won't so much. Your best bet for maximum concealment is a few fake leaves here or there or just ghillie the whole thing. I've never had a problem with being spotted by mine. Usually they just see me entirely (usually via recognizing a mask) or they stare at what they think could be me, maybe shoot, and if I don't move usually they pass it off.

Of course you have to know when people aren't sure if that's you and when they know they're about to blow you away. To be able to do that takes some experience, and practice reading body language. If someone stops in their tracks, doesn't bring their gun up right away, but stops and kind of moves their head to get a better angle of vision around a tree or some twigs or what not, they aren't sure. This is when they then bring their gun up and fire a burst to see what it is, and if you don't move they will usually keep scanning for you. If someone stops dead, jumps behind some cover while shouldering their gun, this is when you have to work that autotrigger and jump up like a rabbit and retreat. The goal of firing at them isn't to necessarily hit them, but you don't want them to be able to take their time aiming at your back while you retreat. As long as they flinch, you should have enough time to make it to cover and go from there. And there you have it, a question on gun shine turns into an essay on how to deal with the outcomes of being spotted because of it...I blame my English teachers...

#5 User is offline   The Elder 

• Sharpshooter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:06 PM

So you haven't had problems with black gloss? I might just action ghillie to break up the outline then.

#6 User is offline   Jackal14 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE_JACKAL

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:50 PM

View PostThe Elder, on Apr 8 2009, 01:06 PM, said:

So you haven't had problems with black gloss? I might just action ghillie to break up the outline then.

Ah your stressing the small stuff. Odd's are if your opponent sees you it isn't because of your black phantom. Also the phantom's gloss black is more along the lines of the older tippmann black paint (just the phantom is anno'd) or in other words, for a "gloss" it isn't shiny

#7 User is offline   The Elder 

• Sharpshooter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

Thanks Jackal14. I feel more confident about my set-up now. Now if there was a way to hide my mask without affecting my vision lol. I think the phantom is a high pressure wonder. The best option for consistency and sound reduction with Co2.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users