• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

98 custom super response HPA problem

#1 User is offline   c boogy 

• X7 Phenom #0000260
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

hey guys i recently did a complete super response modification to my 98 custom and it works great... with co2.

unfortunately as soon as i put my compressed air tank on it i couldnt get it to shoot bursts. it was like shooting a stock 98. i figured that maybe the tank could have had a significantly lower pressure output than co2 but it says it has a preset 800psi output.

so im wondering if anyone else here has had a similar problem or a possible explanation.

it does work excellently with co2 but i would prefer to use compressed air because the iceing-over caused by the liquid co2 is a major drawback that i would like to eliminate through the use of HPA

thanks in advance for any possible advice or explanation

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

You need to retune the RT when changing gas sources, ie hpa to co2 or co2 to hpa. Put the hpa tank on and tighten the set screw on the rear RT fitting, that is the flow controller. With it all teh way tight the trigger should be damn near impossible to pull, it you can pull with ease you have a leak. Fix the leak, can only be one of like 3-5 orings. Then assuming no leak, while holding down the trigger, slowly turn out the set screw. Or just turn it 1/8 turn, try to sweet spot...too slow, turn out another 1/8 turn. If you find you can no longer sweet spot it, you turned the screw out too far, turn it in/tighten it again, and start over.

With HPA i could empty my A5's entire hopper in one long string, with no skips, stops, or stutters. It was funny for chrono,b ut i never really did it on field

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   c boogy 

• X7 Phenom #0000260
  • PipPip

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:57 AM

alrite ill give that a shot, thanks
ill post again when i give that a shot

#4 User is offline   c boogy 

• X7 Phenom #0000260
  • PipPip

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:53 AM