#1 User is offline   xion900 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:xion900

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:23 AM

The Katana

Base Position Description
A well trained Katana is a slash to the side. Dealing mainly in pulling off the flanking maneuvers while a Sabre creates a fire base, these are the guys that are good at finding the side door. Somewhat of a mixed bread, this player will usually act mostly as a Sabre, except for when a side door is needed, then they will leave the actual Sabre's to keep the attention of an enemy, while they go pull some angle shots and shred the enemy position with crossfire.

This position is also the Special ops of a team. Anytime anything sneaky or undercover needs to be done, a small group of these guys is usually the way to pull it off. Good at seeming to be in multiple places at once, a small group of Katana's will easily bypass an enemy and pick them off from behind.

The gear pack of a Katana should mainly consist of something light enough to move quietly in order to flank, but with enough power and paint to really put down some fire. Side doors are no good if you cant sustain fire till the position is gone. They should be a little heavier equipped then a Sabre, a couple extra pods worth of ammo and maybe a few more bps on the marker they use. But they dont want to be weighed down into the Broadsword position.

I read through the sticky post, after posting this (i know Im smart) and I decided that you COULD call this kind of a cross, but I honestly think this is a good position. I tried to give it a balance that allows for it to be used in Scenario ball, or just plain woods ball, but I also tried to make it different and new, and still fit into the team well. The only real reason for putting this thread here, was that I think a distinction between a Medium gunner, and a Flanker, should be made.

This post has been edited by xion900: 22 July 2008 - 01:32 AM

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:36 AM

Ummm...so you want a sabre... but sneakier?

My take on this...forget about positions. They are useless in Paintball. Just play the game. And learn to adapt. If they need you up front, play up front, if you need to flank then flank, if they need you as a backman then be that. Don't get caught up in this whole i need to be a position and need to only be that guy. Cause then you are useless to your team. Just play the game and adapt as you need to adapt to what is going on. People get too hung up on this whole position thing and completely forget you can do more than just be one guy.

So yeah....screw positions.... just play the game. I am not a sabre, or a broadsword, or a hammer, or a sniper...i am a paintball player...through and through

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:38 AM

^Amen.
Aloha, Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#4 User is offline   xion900 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:xion900

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:06 AM

Lol. I like that dude.

(Im just getting bored looking at all exactly the same postitions across the top of the brigade, with the retarded question mark ones on the end)

#5 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

And I think this is the fourth or fifth time the "Katana" has been suggested.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#6 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

View PostLegato, on Jul 22 2008, 01:36 AM, said:

Ummm...so you want a sabre... but sneakier?

My take on this...forget about positions. They are useless in Paintball. Just play the game. And learn to adapt. If they need you up front, play up front, if you need to flank then flank, if they need you as a backman then be that. Don't get caught up in this whole i need to be a position and need to only be that guy. Cause then you are useless to your team. Just play the game and adapt as you need to adapt to what is going on. People get too hung up on this whole position thing and completely forget you can do more than just be one guy.

So yeah....screw positions.... just play the game. I am not a sabre, or a broadsword, or a hammer, or a sniper...i am a paintball player...through and through

Listen to the man, for he is right.

View PostJackRock, on Jul 22 2008, 03:07 PM, said:

And I think this is the fourth or fifth time the "Katana" has been suggested.

Hell, 10 by the search button.

#7 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

lol does that mean its in the running because of its popularity?
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#8 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

More likely at the bottom of the list, because few people read this sticky.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#9 User is offline   Delusion 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Delusion

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

I hear what you're saying about having no positions and just playing the game but i can't say that i completely agree....

In a big woodsball game, people should pick a position to be in the beginning; but you also have to be able to adapt to play something else because as people get eliminated, those gaps have to be filled. then when either the game ends (or of people reenter the game) then you can go back and play the preferred place for you.

#10 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:45 PM

really they r less like positions and more like jobs u need to flank u need to suppress and u need to spend way to much on "sniper" gear and look cool. Everybody got it? lets go look BAD BUTTOCKS!! :P
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#11 User is offline   Sasquatch X7 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

View PostDelusion, on Jul 31 2008, 02:40 PM, said:

I hear what you're saying about having no positions and just playing the game but i can't say that i completely agree....

In a big woodsball game, people should pick a position to be in the beginning; but you also have to be able to adapt to play something else because as people get eliminated, those gaps have to be filled. then when either the game ends (or of people reenter the game) then you can go back and play the preferred place for you.

i agree. screw all the positions. in my oppinion all positions should be a "sabre" medium rifleman. that way you can adapt

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users