#1 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Tasteeos

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:22 PM

Broadsword Conditioning
What is your fitness routine?

As the title says; Broadsword Conditioning. This is all about how to stay in shape to keep up with the faster members of your team (example: Dagger, Sabre). Discuss different routines you use to stay in shape; what workouts you do, what you eat, etc. Talk about them here.

Here is an example post if you wish to use my format, of course you can change it around however you feel like to make it fit your needs;

Example:

7:00 AM Wake Up; 50 Military Push-Ups, 50 Abdominal Crunches, 2 Minute Jumping Jacks.
7:30 AM Breakfast
8:00 AM Bicycle Machine; 60 Minutes H.I.I.T (high intensity interval training)
9:30 AM Morning Snack
11:30 AM Lunch
1:30 PM Afternoon Snack
3:30 PM 2nd Afternoon Snack
4:00 PM Elliptical Machine; 80 Minutes H.I.I.T (high intensity interval training)
6:00 PM Dinner
8:00 PM Nighttime Snack
10:00 PM Bed

Note: this is just an example, other peoples lifestyles may differ.

I use something close to that example, and yes that many meals a day. I have started a nutrition plan that helps raise your metabolism and burn fat/build muscle at the same time. And if people are wondering what H.I.I.T is I will explain it later as I continue to edit this post.

#2 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:07 PM

actually, having a pre set number of reps and repetitive exercises doesnt burn nearly as many calories as you might think. due to muscle memory, the more you repeat something, the easier you do it, therefore burning less calories than you originally did.

as for training with paintball, i think tactical training, and cardio are the 2 most important aspects to work on. if you need to bulk up, playing ball or walking and doing basic moves with weight attached to you is one of the best things to do. its low impact, and builds over time. practicing moves with your gear on is one of the best ways to do it. if your muscle memory includes your gear, then you will be all the more deadly on the field, because your kit will feel like an extension of you body, not like a shell.

the key thing is switching it up between power training, and strength (meaning endurance) training. i go to my apartment's gym and slap on my scuba tanks, and a secret satchel in front that's the same weight as my DT, and just walk or jog. i try to increase the distance or time every chance i get. if you do the same with a fully loaded vest, you'll be amazed at the results.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#3 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:09 PM

Like I said, example. And yes muscle memory does tend to kick in after a few months, maybe less even. That is why you switch it up, do different things. Trick the muscle by doing that.

#4 User is offline   ChaoticRedneck 

• one crazy southern marylander
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ChaoticRedneck

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:05 AM

really dont have conditioning...if anything the night before a game i try to eat pasta
Sons of the South Paintball Team
Official Broadsword #54
A5/X7 OG
Proudly Sponsored by Southern Md Paintball Medusa Paintball ANS Gear

#5 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

View PostIron__Man, on Aug 1 2008, 12:07 AM, said:

actually, having a pre set number of reps and repetitive exercises doesnt burn nearly as many calories as you might think. due to muscle memory, the more you repeat something, the easier you do it, therefore burning less calories than you originally did.

as for training with paintball, i think tactical training, and cardio are the 2 most important aspects to work on. if you need to bulk up, playing ball or walking and doing basic moves with weight attached to you is one of the best things to do. its low impact, and builds over time. practicing moves with your gear on is one of the best ways to do it. if your muscle memory includes your gear, then you will be all the more deadly on the field, because your kit will feel like an extension of you body, not like a shell.

the key thing is switching it up between power training, and strength (meaning endurance) training. i go to my apartment's gym and slap on my scuba tanks, and a secret satchel in front that's the same weight as my DT, and just walk or jog. i try to increase the distance or time every chance i get. if you do the same with a fully loaded vest, you'll be amazed at the results.

New series called "Generation Kill" got me thinking about doing that. Put all your gear on fill the bags, pockets, anything, with rocks and start running.

#6 User is offline   JOE MAC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

Hey, just a friendly caution. I wouldn't run with a whole lot of extra weight like that right off the bat. Especially you younger guys. You don't need to. Just run without it and you will be fine.

I have done ruck runs in the Army and have seen guys get hurt (ankles, knees, and hips) and these are guys that were conditioned already to carry extra weight and did so on a regular basis. Start out slow. You don't carry that much weight when you play and don't need to do any crazy conditioning. Just run without the extra weight and you will be fine. Its better than hurting your knees or other joints.
Don't flatter yourself...you don't really know.

#7 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:08 PM

View PostJOE MAC, on Aug 15 2008, 05:48 PM, said:

Hey, just a friendly caution. I wouldn't run with a whole lot of extra weight like that right off the bat. Especially you younger guys. You don't need to. Just run without it and you will be fine.

I have done ruck runs in the Army and have seen guys get hurt (ankles, knees, and hips) and these are guys that were conditioned already to carry extra weight and did so on a regular basis. Start out slow. You don't carry that much weight when you play and don't need to do any crazy conditioning. Just run without the extra weight and you will be fine. Its better than hurting your knees or other joints.

I know that, build up from 1 extra pound (still weight training) and move up weekly in weight and don't do more than you can handle.

I got up to 40 extra pounds already but I am only jogging about half miles or a mile.

#8 User is offline   naterab 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:naterab

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:32 AM

7:30-Wakeup
7:45-Breakfast
9:00-4-6 mile run
10:30-Various weight lifting
12:00-Lunch
Rest of the day to do what I want.
If you are a christian paintballer put this in your sig.
Liberalism=Communism
Sabre #777

#9 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:40 AM

View Postnaterab, on Aug 19 2008, 09:32 AM, said:

7:30-Wakeup
7:45-Breakfast
9:00-4-6 mile run
10:30-Various weight lifting
12:00-Lunch
Rest of the day to do what I want.

I bet the 4-6 mile run works pretty good. I would have to do some cycling. Of course 4-6 miles on a bike wouldn't do too much so I would have to double it to get the same results as you do.

#10 User is offline   naterab 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:naterab

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:26 AM

Just start small if you want to start running. If you can start doing more miles, it really helps with endurance, which is important in long games, especially if you're carrying a load of gear. If you're not in shape, just start off with like 1 or 2 slow miles, then increase your speed with 2 miles, and just start working your way up. Starting is the hardest, but it pays off.
If you are a christian paintballer put this in your sig.
Liberalism=Communism
Sabre #777

#11 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:00 AM

View Postnaterab, on Aug 20 2008, 10:26 AM, said:

Just start small if you want to start running. If you can start doing more miles, it really helps with endurance, which is important in long games, especially if you're carrying a load of gear. If you're not in shape, just start off with like 1 or 2 slow miles, then increase your speed with 2 miles, and just start working your way up. Starting is the hardest, but it pays off.

For some reason the long games I am fine with, but running for long periods of time. No. Weird I guess.

#12 User is offline   GhostHeero 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GhostHeero

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:32 PM

that has to do with the adranalien u know the rush of getin shot at etc just runin for long periods of time is not as much of a rush

#13 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:35 PM

View PostGhostHeero, on Aug 20 2008, 03:32 PM, said:

that has to do with the adranalien u know the rush of getin shot at etc just runin for long periods of time is not as much of a rush

I should have dogs chase me...

Yes...

That would work.

#14 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:11 PM

Wake up at 6 pm...eat dinner - usually pasta or steak and cheese sub

7pm-11pm - veg on couch til work,hang out with friends, whatever

11pm - walk down 3 flights of stairs - really hard work out

11pm-12am drive to work - really works out the buttocks and right leg

12am-8am - sit in chair at cubicle at work and stare at screen. Keep legs and hands moving. Real good work out for eyes also

8am-9am - drive home from work... another tough work out on the buttocks and right leg.

9am - walk up 3 flights of stairs, hard work out, then go back down them to take out trash, then 200 ft to dumpster, and then come back.

9:15am-12pm - veg on couch again til i try to sleep at noon.

So yeah, i have a gruelling work out. It absolutly kills me, so tough, the average man could never do it. :panzer:

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#15 User is offline   Caissey 

• Mmm Tasteeos Rock
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:25 PM

View PostLegato, on Aug 21 2008, 02:11 AM, said:

Wake up at 6 pm...eat dinner - usually pasta or steak and cheese sub

7pm-11pm - veg on couch til work,hang out with friends, whatever

11pm - walk down 3 flights of stairs - really hard work out

11pm-12am drive to work - really works out the buttocks and right leg

12am-8am - sit in chair at cubicle at work and stare at screen. Keep legs and hands moving. Real good work out for eyes also

8am-9am - drive home from work... another tough work out on the buttocks and right leg.

9am - walk up 3 flights of stairs, hard work out, then go back down them to take out trash, then 200 ft to dumpster, and then come back.

9:15am-12pm - veg on couch again til i try to sleep at noon.

So yeah, i have a gruelling work out. It absolutly kills me, so tough, the average man could never do it. :dry:

You are like my hero you know that right?

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users