• You cannot reply to this topic

Spec Ops Digi Woodland Hat

#1 User is offline   Justin Connor 

• All Recruits Welcome!!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Combat Connor

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:03 PM

So when I bought my Marauders II I decided to get a hat to match. I looked at the hat's information and it said the hat was one size fits all.

So when I got the order and opened the box I was a little disappontied. The main green in the digi camo for the hat was a lighter green than what was used on the Marauders. Also the hat was smaller than I would have liked. I wear a 7 & 3/8 and the hat looks small on my head.

I played on Thursday and the hat worked fine. I wasn't really worried about the camo difference, and the hat didn't bother me any during the day.

As a hat to protect my neck and go with my Marauders I would say it gets a near perfect score of a 9/10 only because the camo green is a noticable different color. I wouldn't the hat wear around the house or when I was out because the hat doesn't fit well.

To further improve the hat sales, I think they sound make fitted hats and offer sizes, or do something so the consumer can get the size they want.
Sabre - If We Can't Do It, It Doesn't Need To Be Done!

#2 User is offline   Bolan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Bolan

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:18 AM

I found that the "one size fits all" elastic setup for the band is a little annoying for everyday wearing but the tight fit during play is nice because it will definitely not come off. With a little sewing and removing of some of the elastic the hat wouldn't feel so tight. Overall I was impressed with the hat. 8.5/10

#3 User is offline   Brode30 

• It's ALWAYS a riot in E.L.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Brode30

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:00 PM

Worked fine for a long weekend of PB. The green is a little different color, but that just depends on what company prints it. The Elastic all the way around is alittle annoying, I have other one size fits all hats that are a lot more comfortable. This is a product where I think that the 2nd and 3rd versions will be great selling products.
I see you in my sights, you see me after you're dead!!!
user posted image

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:05 AM

Agreed. OVerall the hat is excellant. Im just not happy with the elastic band. I cant wear the hat around for long times, cause my head is too big. I have many one size fits all hats that have much more space. I love the hat, i just wish it was a little bigger.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:22 PM

Amen to that one man! Must be a little bigger or something!

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#6 User is offline   Get To The CHOPPA!! 

• DIY Grenade Expert
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GetToTheCHOPPA!!

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:55 PM

I own this hat too and I have to agree with what everyone has said-- This hat needs to be made either A) with a higher quality flex band (the one that comes on it crimps up like a scrunchee) or :rolleyes: in fitted or adjustable fit options. The hat looks wierd when you wear it because the front is somewhat rigid and holds its shape, but the back is very floppy - so when it's on your head, it gives you that "misshapen head" look. The color is slightly off from my set of Ulrtalite Fusions, but not by a whole lot (hat is a brighter green). Please SpecOps give us a higher quality hat, I'd be willing to pay more for a genuine baseball cap in the SpecOps Digi! Don't get me wrong I love the hat during gameplay but I'd like something that looked and fit better to wear around town.

#7 User is offline   SirRod 

• God Made Paintball for Me!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Harry Rod

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:06 PM

Hi Guys:
Here is a fix for the one size fits all elastick underware band they put in them things.

Find a bowl that is the size of your head and put the Cap on it and leave it for a while.

You will find after a while it will stretch out and fit fine.

Get yourself a standard clothing measuring tape and measure around your head where the cap fits, you can do this with a string too.

By the way its a CAP not a HAT a HAT has a BRIM and a CAP has a BILL like a Duck...

All the Best :D
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   tank322 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

can i get the link to this hat i might want to get 1
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#9 User is offline   SirRod 

• God Made Paintball for Me!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Harry Rod

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:39 PM

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/pr...&CAT=103203

I think this is the one he is talking about if its not to your liking just look in the aparel section in the online store...

All the Best
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users