Special Ops Paintball: cannon projectile - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

cannon projectile ideas anyone? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:17 PM

get some foamish nerf football things and soak paint into them so when they hit they splatter paint
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#17 User is offline   Woodboss 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Woodboss69

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

My launcher pics[/url]soon all the scenarios will decide on the ammo used in all launchers. Right now all the fields I have gone to mandated the soft foam Rockets most of the time they are the Nerf Vortex 2" footballs. My tripod mounted launcher will shoot these 200 + yds at 120 psi.heres a picture of one in the breech of my hand held launcher. I have hollowed out the end of some and inserted a single paintball into it this works well on tanks. My launcher pics

#18 User is offline   MaD 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:20 PM

View PostOrpackrat, on Jan 29 2008, 01:11 PM, said:

View Postkingcheese, on Jan 29 2008, 03:35 AM, said:

the paint will come off, it just takes a little longer
try the canister idea with two or three smaller ballons in it insted of one big ballon or a hand full of paintballs, but that is if you want to get greater distanc, otherwise just go for canister buckshot

try this

Depending on how you make your paint mix, some of them stain, and alot are hard enough as it is to get out of clothing.

I don't/can't use balloons in my launcher. The power if it instantly shreds them even with alot of padding.

Yeah, a balloon can't handle the acceleration or burst of pressure by itself. Padding around it doesn't matter... you have to put them in a hard cardboard shell or use the double paper cup design. Doing this I've been able to shoot balloons out of many Co2 based cannons including a mortar and a howitzer... and the howitzer was insanely overpowered...
-= MaD =-
Like DIY projects and crazy scenario gear?
Visit us! Freepaintballplans.com

#19 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

View PostMaD, on Jan 31 2008, 12:20 PM, said:

View PostOrpackrat, on Jan 29 2008, 01:11 PM, said:

View Postkingcheese, on Jan 29 2008, 03:35 AM, said:

the paint will come off, it just takes a little longer
try the canister idea with two or three smaller ballons in it insted of one big ballon or a hand full of paintballs, but that is if you want to get greater distanc, otherwise just go for canister buckshot

try this

Depending on how you make your paint mix, some of them stain, and alot are hard enough as it is to get out of clothing.

I don't/can't use balloons in my launcher. The power if it instantly shreds them even with alot of padding.

Yeah, a balloon can't handle the acceleration or burst of pressure by itself. Padding around it doesn't matter... you have to put them in a hard cardboard shell or use the double paper cup design. Doing this I've been able to shoot balloons out of many Co2 based cannons including a mortar and a howitzer... and the howitzer was insanely overpowered...

you can also use regular 7in party ballons, they are thicker so less likely to break in the barrle but my not burst on impact
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#20 User is offline   Gaston 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:48 PM

Also, depending on the barrel you might want to cast a foam cylinder with the exact outer circumference as the inner diameter as you cannon barrel. once it has set get it out of the mold and cut it into quarters from top to bottom. The you can cut out bits of the 'core' of the cylinder until it will fit a paint grenade/ balloon/ any type of improvised paint device.

To fire load grenade into the foam cylinder and put it in to barrel. When fired the foam should break away form the projectile and go where you pointed it.

#21 User is offline   -Scout- 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:36 PM

I have two types of shot for my small PVC cannon ( its not my avatar). My anti personal rounds are just paintballs in a cup, not too many though. For my AT rounds I bought a pack of these Nerf football things.

#22 User is offline   Flip 

• Liaison/Demolitions Team 10th Mountain
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Flip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:03 PM

Problem with using the sabot methods (dixie cups/cardboard sleeves) is you have to make sure you "police up your frags". Nothing will PO a field owner more than a group leaving trash all over the field!

Before I switched to the Nerf's and shot multiple paintballs I made a lanyard system that was attached to the cannon. Quite simple, a foam disc that tightly fits your barrel, cord in the center, knot another disc a ways down the cord (lenght depends on how much paint you want to shoot) then attach the end to your cannon. You breach-load the first disc, drop in your paintballs, then the upper disc holds the paint in the barrel. Tamp the "cartridge" down your barrel and your good to go.

I actually have removeable barrels so I'd load them from the bottom then attach the barrel. easier thean the breach load but not all have the capability.

This post has been edited by Flip: 11 February 2008 - 05:07 PM

Flip
Liaison/Demolitions
Team 10th Mountain

#23 User is offline   -Scout- 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:56 AM

The wind normally catches the cups so I don't have to walk too far.

#24 User is offline   TheChaplain 

• solving the worlds deer population problems 290 grains at a time
  • PipPip

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:41 AM

for a sabot you could get a round piece of flexible foam padding and cut it into a star shape so that you can fold it into a cup that will unfold when it exits the barrel. that way you wouldnt be leaving junk all over the field because the sabot would be 3 feet away and reuseable.
You have the right to remain silentwhatever you say can and will be misquoted then used against you

#25 User is offline   drake 

• chucho el roto
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SWAMP TING

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:51 AM

sabbots(dixie cups taped back to back trimmed to barrel) work well small water ballons 150 to 200 feet easy (mortars) 15 to 25 paint balls form the edge of the field same distance (bring the rain) I regulate my rocket launcher because of the sprinkler selenoid . the air cannon is not. you can shoot booth of a dive tank they need the first stage regulator for a dive tank this is about 140 psi . rocket launcher needs another reg to bring it down around 100 psi
user posted image

#26 Guest_b_soukup_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

View Poststeveo, on Jan 23 2007, 08:54 PM, said:

ys so if youve seen my cannon....if not go se it.......http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=93806.......any ideas for an accurate projectile? water baloons have amind of their own

what i would do is load the canon with paintballs it will cover alought more of an area than nerf balls and water balloons. ;)

#27 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 25 May 2008 - 04:53 PM

Easter eggs filled with paint and a few airsoft pellets to extend area of effect. It really really works and the eggs can take a full blown 600 psi from my cannons, yet they are weak enough to crack into pieces when they hit the ground. Pain ratio between egg and paintball is 1.5:1. Pretty good isn't it :D

This post has been edited by Scavies: 25 May 2008 - 04:54 PM

FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#28 User is offline   Moving Grass 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ben Wachenschwanz

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:52 AM

Yeah one idea you could use if your rounds are busting is a "Sabo" round. Tanks use that when they shoot solid roundballs that hurt a lot more at close range. But you just take and gire out the general size of your round and take a peice of foam larger then your round but small enough to fit in your barrel. Cut it in four parts from barrel to butt, and a circular cupped area in the center for your round to fit. And if you want to be even more cool, you can make your sabo round hollow point. And by adding a divit to the front of the round will cause your inserts to fly away from each other letting your round free. And if you want you can carry smaller barrels, and make them interchangable so you can switch barrels rather then charging new rounds or use the casing to hold up to the barrel and slide the round through the holder to the barrel so you have a faster reload time.
Eyes on...... Ready............

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users