• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SL-68 II part/rebuild/help me!!! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Filtiarn 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:38 PM

Ok. so I bought a brand new SL 68 II about 5-6 years ago. And I had the springs replaced by my local store about 2 months ago. Now c02 comes out of the barrel as soon as the tank gets put on. Kinda makes it look like a fire extinguisher. I'd laugh if i wasnt so ticked off. And i just put a brand new J&J ceramic barrel on it too.

So im asking for ANY and all help with this. I'm hoping to get a full rebuild kit, but I suspect its more of a cup seal problem. If anyone has a rebuild kit and you are willing to part with it please let me know. instant message(aim): surfpatrol13. thank you in advance.

EDIT:: I replaced the original spring and now it doesnt leak, but it doesnt shoot every time, and sometimes it engages the anti double feed. but auto trigger seems to work. no idea on velocity but im happy it doesnt leak now.::EDIT

This post has been edited by Filtiarn: 16 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

#2 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

you could always take the screw out the back, check that oring and lube. also check all the orings on the inside, and that metal tube. mine got bent and made for funky issues. you can also play with the pump handle a bit. make sure its in far enough but not too far. if all else fails, shoot legato a pm. he has everything pump known to man, and is always more than willing to help a balla out

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...st&id=29205
sl68 manual

http://www.rcpaintball.com/
for parts, IF theyre in stock, otherwise mcb is your friend

#3 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:16 PM

View PostFiltiarn, on Feb 15 2009, 02:38 PM, said:

Ok. so I bought a brand new SL 68 II about 5-6 years ago. And I had the springs replaced by my local store about 2 months ago. Now c02 comes out of the barrel as soon as the tank gets put on. Kinda makes it look like a fire extinguisher. I'd laugh if i wasnt so ticked off. And i just put a brand new J&J ceramic barrel on it too.

So im asking for ANY and all help with this. I'm hoping to get a full rebuild kit, but I suspect its more of a cup seal problem. If anyone has a rebuild kit and you are willing to part with it please let me know. instant message(aim): surfpatrol13. thank you in advance.

I doubt it is the cup seal. The cup seals are made to really take a beating. If you local store had the SL springs in stock, I am not sure what the problem is. However, I find it highly unlikely that they had the proper springs in stock. Therefore, I suspect that the rear valve spring may be the problem. Double check it to make sure before worrying too much about the cup seal. Not saying it isn't the cup seal, but I suspect another problem.
AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

#4 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

another good source is www.tippmannparts.com. They will list what parts are cross-compatible. I know that some of the springs and small parts from the 98C are usable in the SL68II.
Becc - I'll have extra parts for you as soon as I get my stuff out of storage.
Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#5 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:14 PM

Take the main screw out the back of the gun. Sldie an allen wrench in that hole to use as a lever. There SHOULD be an o-ring pressed tightly against the head on the inside between the threads and the screw. A tank o-ring fits nicely. Also try cocking it while your screwing the tank in. I run mine with HPA and sometimes it shoots out the barrel until I cock it. Oil or transmission fluid in the ASA will fix this after firing a few shots.

#6 User is offline   Filtiarn 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:10 AM

All of this is great. I put the old spring back in, im going to try and get air tomorrow to see if that was the problem. The new rear valve spring was a cut down spring from the looks of it. now heres the next problem. Before i got the springs replaced max velocity i could hit was 150fps. Velo screw was out as far as i could while still being able to pump.

Side Note: anyone playing long island big game?

#7 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:41 AM

The shop also could've put the valve body in backwards if they tore it down completely.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users