• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MacDev Drone

#46 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

I am really looking into one of these! They look awesome with the T2W!

#47 User is offline   Boomer14 

• Irregulators Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Durty Dan

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

The first scenario event they're going to be at in WA or OR that I know of will be the TAW game in Lebanon, OR on the 24th and 25th. There will be at least two there in a couple of configurations. There will always be Drones at Nitehawk paintball near Spokane. Next game is the 17th. (Yea, I know, it is the opening day of deer season)

If someone asks me nicely, they may get to shoot one in Lebanon. Just look for the guy in the picture to your left, the Irregulators Banner, or just yell BOOMER. :)

This post has been edited by Boomer14: 02 October 2009 - 05:25 PM

#48 User is offline   Boomer14 

• Irregulators Member
  • PipPip

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:05 PM

Droop, on Oct 1 2009, 10:13 AM, said:

boomer just told me on MCB he couldnt do it.... im sad now. he liezored
Droop

Ok Droop, here is the real scoop.

First, the Drone can take the cyborg RX board (which has the OLED display) without modification to the Drone (except for the grip window). The RX board, however, needs a capacitor installed to work with the Drone. Currently, Macdev will do this special order on a new gun. Krazy8 or myself can hook you up.

The standard RX software loses the cool fire mode shift-on-the-fly that the drone has, but adds more fire modes and that nifty display. So what if you could have it all? Tadao can reflash the modified Drone board with the RX Yakuza software. It has the useful USB interface and software, customizable boot screen ( team logo and your name at bootup maybe?), it brings back the response trigger and all the tourny modes, AND they are selectable on the fly through the back button. Needless to say, my board will be going to Tadao soon.

stock board (note capacitor where OLED should be)
Posted Image
RX board
Posted Image
RX board capacitor
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Boomer14: 09 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

#49 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:02 AM

Isat down last night with a few triggers and played around.

PBK Blade, Scythe and Sabre as well as the stock Droid trigger all dropped right in.

Again my personal favorite was the stock Droid...but the friend I had drinking beer while I ran the allen wrench prefered the Scythe.

So any trigger from the '06 Cyborg to the Clone will work with the Drone!

Now you know!

#50 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:34 PM

Spent another day shooting the Drone. I am spoiled....put 500 rounds through another brand new gun right out of the box!

Stock barrel, NelSplat paint (in my favorite blue/silver shell and blue fill), it shoot 277, 294, 272, 277, 274, 270 over the chrono. Not too sure how many of you have shoot out of the box gun before...but that was a pretty good performance from my previous experienes!

Being as how I knew I only had 500 rounds and no cash for more I played conservative...mostly! There was a time while holding the tape line from a hard flank made by 8 opposing players in a CTF game I had to spend a valuable second to switch from semi to three round burst...but it worked! THe fire poswer I was able to demonstrate right then stopped their momentom and made them rethink the attack.
Just long enough for back up to arrive and help me out.

Select fire for a rec player is the B O M B!!!!!

Major downfall of the Drone....cleaning the rails after a long hard day of play! Ug! I have resorted to a nylon vegetable brush. I need a butler...or a maid....

This post has been edited by Krazy8: 18 October 2009 - 01:38 PM

#51 User is offline   Boomer14 

• Irregulators Member
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:16 PM

You're lucky Krazy8, I had to clean two drones today thanks to Timbertiger. I do not have the patience for 1-balling, but I believe that I was part of the back up you speak of ;) Another case and a half through the droneRX, and loving it.

On a different note, I tried out a sight on the Drone yesterday. It is surprisingly fun on 3-shot burst. Just center sight ring on target, pull trigger, and three balls hit in the ring. For me, the natural point of aim for my Drone and stock combo is such that I do not need to take the time to use a sight. But for those who prefer to long ball one at a time, a sight can be mounted effectively on the Drone with a 45 offset.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Boomer14: 18 October 2009 - 02:18 PM

#52 User is offline   Zee Shooter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:28 PM

Boomer14, on Oct 19 2009, 06:46 AM, said:

You're lucky Krazy8, I had to clean two drones today thanks to Timbertiger. I do not have the patience for 1-balling, but I believe that I was part of the back up you speak of :dodgy: Another case and a half through the droneRX, and loving it.

On a different note, I tried out a sight on the Drone yesterday. It is surprisingly fun on 3-shot burst. Just center sight ring on target, pull trigger, and three balls hit in the ring. For me, the natural point of aim for my Drone and stock combo is such that I do not need to take the time to use a sight. But for those who prefer to long ball one at a time, a sight can be mounted effectively on the Drone with a 45 offset.

Posted Image

How did you go "Zeroing your sight" with the 45 deg angle? Did you max out your windage and elevation settings at all?
Did you try mounting the sight on the right? I'm just curious if you're "Left eyed" but "right handed"?

I have a drone also and I've been wondering how I will set it up....

#53 User is offline   Boomer14 

• Irregulators Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

You are astute to notice that the cant makes it more challenging to zero, Zee Shooter. :laugh:

Once you realize that the windage also moves it in elevation, it's not hard to figure out. I had no problem zeroing in about 3 adjustments. If I played more deliberately and actually made myself take one-shot attempts, the sight would work for me- it actually works great on the target range. I zeroed it for about one foot high at 50', and it was right on at about 100'.

I am right eye dominant and right handed, and I was able to use the sight with both eyes open, no problems. Because of the left offset, the sight picture is actually more natural than most sight setups with a mask on. The pictures don't give a real perspective looking down the barrel through the sight. Also not pictured is the T2W stock.

Anywho, welcome to the drone family! :dodgy:

#54 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

when will the new fronts be available to extend the rails? instead of the round one with holes.
Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

#55 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:33 PM

As of last contact MacDev was not working on the Drone accessories since they were in mad scramble to keep up with Clone sales and production.
All we can do is keep asking to proove the customer demand for the niffty extras!

#56 User is offline   BLACK MAMBA 

• Living Luxerific
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:09 AM

someone on youtube had them i think 2 of the videos did :)
thats a shame :( such a nice gun.
Posted Image
MM PB /VALKEN / FLASC / CCC / COMPULSIVE / MSS / TIBERIUS / GUERRILLA

#57 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

Well, there is enough meat and space on the stock shroud that adding rails would not be a difficult endeavor at all.

#58 User is offline   GBones 

• strapped with gats when you were cuddle'n a cabbage patch
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gbones

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:12 PM

Anyone tried mounting a longbow magazine feed on a Drone?
Tippmann M98C *sold*
Tippmann A5w/RT *sold*
Smart Parts Ion w/Q-lock,Hybrid rail,Hybrid ASA (work in progress...)
Planet Eclipse '05 EGO w/Virtue board *Traded*
Tippmann A5 (too much to list)
Tiberious Tac8 SOCOM (sidearm)

#59 User is offline   Boomer14 

• Irregulators Member
  • PipPip

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:28 AM

GBones, on Oct 30 2009, 07:12 PM, said:

No. I've thought about it, and it looks like the longbow mag and q-loader mount designed for the Tacone will work with little modification. Getting one is a problem now. The specops store does not have any, and I don't care to speculate on when/if there will be more made from them.

#60 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:45 AM

Boomer14, on Oct 31 2009, 08:28 AM, said:

GBones, on Oct 30 2009, 07:12 PM, said:

No. I've thought about it, and it looks like the longbow mag and q-loader mount designed for the Tacone will work with little modification. Getting one is a problem now. The specops store does not have any, and I don't care to speculate on when/if there will be more made from them.

The Tac One and Ion Longbow Mag Receivers come very close to fitting the Drone. In fact, it would work...just not perfectly unless the receiver is modified slightly. I plan to have some done up with the modification.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users