Special Ops Paintball: How do people not know their marker! - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do people not know their marker! Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

heh woodsball sniper I was tempted to buy yours but I cant throw money into a tippmann right now.
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#17 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

View Postsipbgod94, on Jun 1 2009, 08:13 PM, said:

heh woodsball sniper I was tempted to buy yours but I cant throw money into a tippmann right now.

If I don't sell it to a guy that I am meeting up this weekend I am probably going to drop the price considerably lower than what its at right now.

#18 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:27 PM

View PostW00DSBALL 5N1P3R, on Jun 1 2009, 03:09 PM, said:

...I have been seeing more and more people talking about their gun, and calling it the wrong name...

You mean like people calling paintball markers, "guns"? :D
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

View PostWarpaint, on Jun 1 2009, 09:27 PM, said:

...I have been seeing more and more people talking about their gun, and calling it the wrong name...

You mean like people calling paintball markers, "guns"? :ghillie:

How is that wrong? They are guns. Not firearms, but neither is a water gun, or a staple gun. The only really good reason to use "marker" instead of gun is when you are trying to be PC or you want to make people not think paintball guns are like firearms.

#20 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:26 PM

View Postslowerpig81, on Jun 2 2009, 02:07 AM, said:

You mean like people calling paintball markers, "guns"? :ghillie:

How is that wrong? They are guns. Not firearms, but neither is a water gun, or a staple gun. The only really good reason to use "marker" instead of gun is when you are trying to be PC or you want to make people not think paintball guns are like firearms.

which in todays day and age where firearms are being more and more restricted everyday wouldn't you think that is a good idea to get away from them? To not be associated with them? I think so. I don't want my sport banned out of ignorance.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#21 User is offline   Scouting Sniper 

• Sniper
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:emerald.kontact

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:09 AM

^^Yes^^

View PostLegato, on Jun 2 2009, 02:26 AM, said:

which in todays day and age where firearms are being more and more restricted everyday wouldn't you think that is a good idea to get away from them? To not be associated with them? I think so. I don't want my sport banned out of ignorance.

Touche
Christian 'Baller

If you are under 16 and pay for your own gear, put this in your signature.

Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio

#22 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:15 AM

I want to sell my Tippmann sniper in order to buy another sniper.

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#23 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

You mean like people calling paintball markers, "guns"? :happy:

Because if you want to insist upon calling things by the "right" name, then it's a marker, not a gun. Also, you say marker around nervous parents or other adults, no one pays any mind. You say gun anything, and watch the reaction. Is that right or wrong? Who's to say...but the situation is what it is. It pays to know your audience.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:21 AM

Ive seen that on Ebay and Craigslist A LOT! I have only seen it on here a few times but usually on Craislist itll be something like "BRAND NEW EGO 09!!! HAS TO GO!----------$100.00" you open it up out of pure curiosity and its a Tippmann or Spyder. People do that a lot on Craigslist because they want more people to view there post. Ebay.....people are just stupid :laugh:

~~Shockwave~~ :ghillie:
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#25 User is offline   Ciderbarrel 

• "Crazy Eyes"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ciderbarrel

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:25 PM

View PostMinnesota Sn1p3r, on Jun 3 2009, 01:21 PM, said:

Ive seen that on Ebay and Craigslist A LOT! I have only seen it on here a few times but usually on Craislist itll be something like "BRAND NEW EGO 09!!! HAS TO GO!----------$100.00" you open it up out of pure curiosity and its a Tippmann or Spyder. People do that a lot on Craigslist because they want more people to view there post. Ebay.....people are just stupid :laugh:

~~Shockwave~~ :P

I hate that on ebay. It's called Keyword Spamming. It used to be easy to report auctions but for some reason, the page for reporting KS is broken. You can only report an auction for violations from their help section. It's very time consuming which is why the the KSers are so prevalent.

#26 User is offline   Gernads 

• High Snow Lord, King of the Blow Lands
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gernads

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

I've played with kids who have Egos bought with their parents money for a birthday and they don't know the first thing on how to operate or maintain the gun. It's sad, but it's what happens. I don't necessarily hate the kids that get that kind of stuff, but I do have a problem when they act like they know more than me and act superior simply because they think their gun is the best.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users