Special Ops Paintball: LBX woodsball add on - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

LBX woodsball add on a peice of gear to make your old combat vest more useable in paintball

#1 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

The LBV 88 vest has been a staple of the military since the mid to late 90's but was used very early with special operations units. Today these vests are selling for dirt cheep in military surplus stores everyware due to the military going to the MOLLE system and alot od milsim player have followed suit. I feel that we need a add on to keep a proven vest like this in use. I've used it before and it can hold to any abuse you can throw at it.

Posted Image

I'm proposing an add on peice that hooks on the back and shoulders that can hold a 4+2 pod pouch with room for a horizantal tank set up.

any opinions?
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#2 User is offline   scubasteve186 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

View PostBIGBOSS_202, on Apr 6 2009, 12:23 AM, said:

The LBV 88 vest has been a staple of the military since the mid to late 90's but was used very early with special operations units. Today these vests are selling for dirt cheep in military surplus stores everyware due to the military going to the MOLLE system and alot od milsim player have followed suit. I feel that we need a add on to keep a proven vest like this in use. I've used it before and it can hold to any abuse you can throw at it.

Posted Image

I'm proposing an add on peice that hooks on the back and shoulders that can hold a 4+2 pod pouch with room for a horizantal tank set up.

any opinions?

sounds like a pretty good idea, by dirt cheap, are you talking like 15$ ? or dirt cheap as in significantly less that the new vests out there?

#3 User is offline   bitboy12 

• Sniper Dagger Hybrid
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:D.I.Y.

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

think sounds like a great idea!
actuallyi was just recently looking for a surplus harness that was real cheap that could be used for paintball

#4 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

With The introduction of MOLLE, the older load bering vest's are a real kill, but they don't have that much to add on. The add on peice I'm suggesting would allow those of us that play both paintball and airsoft, the advantage of useing the same vest for both. Keep in mind that the four ammo pouches on the LBV are better suited to carry 100 round viewloader pods unless your willing to mod it.

#5 User is offline   danthegreat666 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zidan

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

Dont forget that you can have your tank hang on the lower back..

#6 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

View Postdanthegreat666, on Apr 24 2009, 01:50 PM, said:

Dont forget that you can have your tank hang on the lower back..

You can but it won't be that stable without the proper mods to it. Plus the harshest abuse a woodsball or milsim player can throw at it, it will end up getting torn off.

#7 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:58 AM

Between the d-rings and the belt hooks, it looks like you could easily lash a tank pouch to the vest using a combination of the original tank pouch straps and some para cord.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#8 User is offline   InvertedArms 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Foxtrot

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:06 AM

Well, all I have to say is my friend bought one off of ebay recently for $18! I was amazed and may buy one myself. But my eyes keep gazing upon the special ops refurbished molle vest. I'm not sure which one to pick. But anyways he should be getting the vest in this week and he's going to sew (I thinks that how you spell it) his 4+3 with horizontal tank to the back.

#9 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:27 AM

sounds good. Hopfuly we can some pics of it after it's done. maybe a set of instruction for those of us that might want to try it.

#10 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

I was able to use regular pod packs that usually are meant to go on belts on an LBV/ tac vest pistol belt.....i cut the flaps so that they're singular to the pods, (using JT/VL 2x100rd pod carriers) and mount them upside down on the back, between the panels, it enabled me to run with 4 100rd pods, and 10rd tubes up front......or 6 100 rd pods and assorted other things....

there are 2 versions that are similar to the LBV...one is the older SPEAR/ELCS vest, its got diagonal webbing for MOLLE pouches (it will work with MOLLE), the other is the MOLLE COmbat vest, Medic bag's, it is horizontal webbing, but everything else is the same. I just got an example of the Combat Medic Vest, and when i ran a similar LBV for Broadsword role a few years ago, i used the surplus buttpacks, they have straps galore....mounted the buttpack to the top part of the :BV, then ran the lower straps through the D_rings on the lower, and upper retaining straps to the webbing on the front part of the the shoulder straps...it was quite secure.....other is to put the buttpack on the belt itself, run the 2 top straps to the D-rings, and compress the bag with the straps to fit a 72ci HPA tank...it'll also fit a 114 CI tank.....

I dont see how itd be hard to put a couple of the belt pouches offered by Spec Ops upside down onto a rigger's belt with the vest on......you could easily do a pair of 3x2 pouches, and have the ability to carry 10 pods......plus whatever up front...
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users